Page 1220 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 12101220 ... LastLast
Results 30,476 to 30,500 of 30740
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...iver-soon.html

Pretty much i said above re at least you saw what some under performing teams were TRYING to do....

also, when the manger of the bottom club is taking the piss out of your tatitics, its time to go and die

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm still trying to figure out how the top team in seventh instead of the top 3 at least. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the top team in seventh instead of the top 3 at least. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Welcome to the club.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Thoughts on the match?

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Thoughts on the match?
    Only watched the highlights. At least Rooney and RVP actually passed to one another at last. That would probably be my highlight.

Does Moyes not like young players... unless they're called Young? Bizarre that the best player United have had this season, is now warming the bench.

How/why/when did United go 8 points behind Spurs? Who changed their entire squad during the summer, lost their best player, then changed manager mid-season yet currently sit 8 points clear of the Champions of England!

I think most United fans knew this season would be strange, but not this strange.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i was at the game. defensively much better, stopped arsenal from playing, RVP shouldve had at least 2, but moyes is wasting mata as i knew he would.....why cant the $#@! NOT play 442?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    i was at the game. defensively much better, stopped arsenal from playing, RVP shouldve had at least 2, but moyes is wasting mata as i knew he would.....why cant the $#@! NOT play 442?
    Stopped us playing are you for real? I was there too. You defended well. People forget Arsenal are not a team that takes shots. They're patient. So patient is pisses me off. Both keepers made one great save each.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Stopped us playing are you for real? I was there too. You defended well. People forget Arsenal are not a team that takes shots. They're patient. So patient is pisses me off. Both keepers made one great save each.
    haha, you did nothing, did have one clear cut chance? We had 3 clear cut chances. however thats not saying much as we are AWFUL and are managed by an average $#@!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    haha, you did nothing, did have one clear cut chance? We had 3 clear cut chances. however thats not saying much as we are AWFUL and are managed by an average $#@!
    We sloppily gave you one and Woj made a great save. De gea made a great save against Cazorla. Giroud had sbout 2 or 3 easy goals and missed them because he is $#@!e.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    No posts in six days, lads? C'moooon. Big rest in Dubai, and as usual and must-win game. Fingers crossed.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    No game. No news. No posts.

We have a world class amc and that great tactician David puts him on the $#@!ing wing. I expect palace to beat us.

And Rooney getting that new contract is a joke. I wanted to sell him abroad in the summer.

Moyes out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    No posts in six days, lads? C'moooon. Big rest in Dubai, and as usual and must-win game. Fingers crossed.
    Against the mighty Palace.

I wonder if Captain Rooney will be back on the fags once the ink is dry on his outrageous contract.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    With our luck this season the fingers need to be crossed!

At least it's up to £300,000 - still extortionate but it's not a base-line pay like a lot of people are reporting.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think Rooney signing a new contract is brilliant news. He is the best player on the team and we had a difficult time replacing him. Obviously he's wages are high but since there's no salary cap in the PL I don't see how it's a concern.

This is a massive signal from the club in my opinion and it'll help us land great players for years to come. Hopefully Rooney will be fired up now and help us climb the table.
    Other opinions are available.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I think Rooney signing a new contract is brilliant news. He is the best player on the team and we had a difficult time replacing him. Obviously he's wages are high but since there's no salary cap in the PL I don't see how it's a concern.

This is a massive signal from the club in my opinion and it'll help us land great players for years to come. Hopefully Rooney will be fired up now and help us climb the table.
    I agree, can't wait to see who we bring in the summer.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

Overreacting a bit there. Rooney ain't all that and as for helping us land players! Please! Him being there will stunt the growth of any real amc ffs. And him being on that wage sends the wrong kind of signal to the rest of the team

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    ''Rooney's new contract is worth the same £250,000 a week as his current one but his agent and the club are working out how he could use United's global sales team to boost his own personal sponsorship deals.''

It's a lot of money but still blown out of proportions by the media as usual.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Hope he gets a percentage from pixar/disney for the shrek merchandise already sold.

Dedicated Member

Overreacting a bit there. Rooney ain't all that and as for helping us land players! Please! Him being there will stunt the growth of any real amc ffs. And him being on that wage sends the wrong kind of signal to the rest of the team

And has made a rod for the clubs back, when signing any new players. United now pay massive wages for average players.

Ultimate Veteran

If you look back the past five seasons I'm hard pressed to find someone that has been better than Rooney. I think he's been our top player since Ronaldo left.

It might be the case that Rooney will ultimately be our AMC option but if that's the case so what? If he can fill that role I don't see where the issue is.

I do think signing Rooney up sends a signal that we're still, and always will be, a club for the best players.

Say Rooney has a great WC this summer - I think I'd be tempting to come play with him.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Guru

The Manchester United Thread

Yeah great news on Rooney new contract, big clubs can't sell there best players at there peak. Players will join to play for Manchester United and with Rooney like Mata did.

Rooney should be our captain next season.

We'll see some new faces in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Sky Sports raised some good issues yesterday. If Rooney would have left on a free, two players (presumably from overseas given the current market and competitiveness of the premier league) at 15m a pop with an average wage would set the club back at least 80m over the 5 year period of the contract.
    Now would you rather; keep your best player and spend a reported 78million over five years to a player who is respected, assertive, tried and tested in the premier league.

Or take a gamble on two flops who would need time to adjust and potentially never do so.

Getting this contract signed is a huge statement from united, if the summer war chest is as much as speculated, I feel Ed Woodward won't get it wrong this upcoming window.

Also they mentioned that during this transition period it is all about the future; RVP is 30. It's touted as an idea that with the signing of Mata, Rooney may sacrifice his AMC role and potentially play up front in the coming years.

Which ultimately would make sense having two number 10's in your squad. Mata is completely ineffective on either the left or right channel, no doubt.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

23. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Yep, in the grand scheme of things the contract's really not that huge. The amount of misinformation is startling.

Played decently yesterday, happy to see Fellaini's back - he did well! Broke up a bit of player and distributed well, did try and get into the box and had a few shots, too.

Master Guru
    Yeah Rooney new contract is only a positive.

Yeah Fel did well yesterday after being out injured for a length of time. Rafa for Smalling, jones for ferdy I think that's our best 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Rooney isnt our best player tho......jesus

Thread Information