Page 1226 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 12161226 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 30742
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thought he could treat MUFC like Everton. The two biggest mistakes he made were kicking out Mike Phelan and all the backroom coaching staff and replacing them with Everton's. And also thinking Fellaini could perform any kind of role in Man Utd.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    What Van Gaal LIKE? I hear he plays 433. I also hope this doesn't mean the new manager will keep the deadwood to give them a chance.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    He's officially sacked now. Don't want Van Gaal, too old for me and too old school. Go for Klopp.
    Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 4m

Man Utd will not be pursuing Jurgen Klopp. Been made aware he is committed to Borussia Dortmund. Story to follow...

You won't get Klopp.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 4m

Man Utd will not be pursuing Jurgen Klopp. Been made aware he is committed to Borussia Dortmund. Story to follow...

You won't get Klopp.
    Test his resolve.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I'd go for Joachim Low or bring back Jupp Heynckes.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Klopp would be perfect but that's looking like it definitely won't happen.

Van Gaal I don't get a comfortable feeling for. Not sure his management style would work. He's very autocratic, which of course Fergie was but Fergie had started that style in an era when it was the norm and continued it through the respect he had built because of it. A lot different coming in new to the club today and being like that.

​aka Sparc

Ultimate Veteran
    A Bayern Munich fan at work thinks Van Gaal is exactly whom we need based on what he did for Bayern. He did do a great job there but he feels so disruptive to me. He'd change large parts of the squad for sure, but maybe that's what we need.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Van Gaal would only be a temp solution seeing as it looks like we can't get Klopp. There is non else out there to get!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    He's officially sacked now. Don't want Van Gaal, too old for me and too old school. Go for Klopp.
    He's only 62 isn't he? Still, it will be him we get...klopp won't leave until 2018 and he is an honourable person, hence his ' suitors need not ring until 2018 ' comment a bit ago...

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    We've ****ed this. Shoudve got Jose when he wanted it and we could've got him. There is literally no one out there available who I would give the job to.

Van Gaal? No.
    Klopp. Yes but can't get him

Think that's about it!

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Moyes is fired? That's pretty sad. Every united player should be holding their heads down is shame because it's just as much their fault as it is his for not performing to the best of their abilities. That's the way the balls roles in the world of sports though. Everything that happens reflects back on the coach.

12. Likes JordieDAFC likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    We've ****ed this. Shoudve got Jose when he wanted it and we could've got him. There is literally no one out there available who I would give the job to.

Van Gaal? No.
    Klopp. Yes but can't get him

Think that's about it!

definitely didn't want Jose. He always thinks he's bigger than the club. Buys he way to success and rarely builds any young blood. Ends up falling out with every club he leaves. Some players really hate him

​aka Sparc

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Moyes is fired? That's pretty sad. Every united player should be holding their heads down is shame because it's just as much their fault as it is his for not performing to the best of their abilities. That's the way the balls roles in the world of sports though. Everything that happens reflects back on the coach.

The players indeed were not at their best, But they are only a reflection of their manager.

Sent from my iPhone

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    The players indeed were not at their best, But they are only a reflection of their manager.

Sent from my iPhone
    I don't believe that for a second. There could be a lot reasons why their season has gone this way. What is happening to United happens in all sports. It sure as heck isn't all on the coach. What happens when the next guy comes in and the same thing happens?

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Took long enough, really. But I enjoyed every second of it while it lasted.

United aren't a quick-to-sack club, but when there is not even a hint of any progress being shown, and in fact steady regression, it's better to cut ties sooner rather than later. Liverpool aren't a quick-to-sack club either, but we went down that road with Hodgson because it was absolutely necessary.

But just like Liverpool then, the root of your problems lie deeper than the manager's position, and Fergie's abilities and success papered over many cracks very well.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't believe that for a second. There could be a lot reasons why their season has gone this way. What is happening to United happens in all sports. It sure as heck isn't all on the coach. What happens when the next guy comes in and the same thing happens?
    The manager is like the CEO of a major company, he is the first to congratulate and the first to blame. If let's say Apple's share price dropped by half they would immediately fire the CEO they will not give him another chance and start blaming employees. SO even if the players weren't performing at their best it's because the manager couldn't inspire or control them, it was obvious that the players didn't have any respect for the guy. Those same players were giving 120% just few month before with SAF.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    The manager is like the CEO of a major company, he is the first to congratulate and the first to blame. If let's say Apple's share price dropped by half they would immediately fire the CEO they will not give him another chance and start blaming employees. SO even if the players weren't performing at their best it's because the manager couldn't inspire or control them, it was obvious that the players didn't have any respect for the guy. Those same players were giving 120% just few month before with SAF.
    to be honest, you're comparing apples with oranges with that analogy.

if you're going to compare a CEO with anything, it should be with a CEO, regardless of the company.

managers in football carry very little power in terms of dealing with their players motivation-wise, compared to managers in any other line of employment.

if an employee is under performing in any other line of business, the manager, supervisor or any likened position would be able to "motivate" their subordinates with threat of dismissal, or sanction in some way.

football managers are pretty much ****ed if a team decides to under perform in protest. other than drop a player to the bench, what is the alternative? you can't drop/sack an entire team of prima-donnas, so you are basically stuck with them. if you even suggested that to the players themselves, they would drop to the floor pretty sharpish, pissing their sides laughing.

I agree with the notion that the players themselves have to take a substantial share of the blame.
    Last edited by Surebrec; 04-24-2014 at 03:49.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    They do. Obviously they didn't wanna play for him. Well

But I still have ZERO sympathy for that joke of Man Moyes.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    managers in football carry very little power in terms of dealing with their players motivation-wise, compared to managers in any other line of employment.

if an employee is under performing in any other line of business, the manager, supervisor or any likened position would be able to "motivate" their subordinates with threat of dismissal, or sanction in some way.

football managers are pretty much ****ed if a team decides to under perform in protest. other than drop a player to the bench, what is the alternative? you can't drop/sack an entire team of prima-donnas, so you are basically stuck with them. if you even suggested that to the players themselves, they would drop to the floor pretty sharpish, pissing their sides laughing.
    That's the point David Moyes defenders are missing, if the whole team is under performing intentionally then you can't by any means blame them all, because they will never do that with a successful manager whom they respect. Only then you become 100% sure that their manager isn't the right man for the job.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    That's the point David Moyes defenders are missing, if the whole team is under performing intentionally then you can't by any means blame them all, because they will never do that with a successful manager whom they respect. Only then you become 100% sure that their manager isn't the right man for the job.
    eh?

that makes no sense whatsoever. if they are under performing with intent, for a specific reason, it's very much their fault. on that basis, I'd say it's the players fault more than the manager. in any other line of employment, they would be sacked.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    If they were underperforming intentionally, then they should be ashamed of themselves...really. Maybe thats what roy keane was alluding too in his comments a while ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    If they were underperforming intentionally, then they should be ashamed of themselves...really. Maybe thats what roy keane was alluding too in his comments a while ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    They could have been under performing because they didn't know what Moyes wanted? Even now I cannot think of a single thing he(Moyes) did different with this team. Unless taking it backwards is a different thing.

The stories about less work with the ball and lots of running have a true ring to them. Distin did an interview right at the start of this season, about the difference between Martinez & Moyes. He said Everton now did less running and more work with the ball.

Wonder if that, is what that Dutch coach was on about in the summer?

As for the manager. I hope United want Van Gaal and don't just get him because he's the only one available. If that is the case let Giggs and Scholes have a go for a season. And then come this time next year, if that has failed. Klopp or another may be available.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    No team gives up their chance to play in Europe out of protest. Moyes played people out of position, players who would never fit into a united set up, constant changing first team and formation. At the end of the day he tried everything he could think of instead of believing in a style he wanted and sticking with it to make it work. It was just like watching Everton.

Thats why it didn't work and that's why he couldn't get the most out of the players.

​aka Sparc

25. Likes 33x likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Like i said, it was a if...he was known as dithering dave by the players at everton lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    Impressed by Giggs today at his presser/MUTV interview. Have a feeling if things go great he might be in contention for next year after all.

28. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post

Thread Information