Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ManUtd.com has video up from the SAF celebrations: http://t.co/Nb94e0Qt

Epic.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    Results prior to the City game were hiding poor performances, so you can put yer huge todger away City have not broken United.
    :O
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

3. Likes LC77 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    A great win for City and N-Castle today. United better watch out for them too.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchester Evening News
    Sir Alex Ferguson 'emotional' after Old Trafford honour

It is the first time in the stadium's 101-year history a stand has been named after an individual, while a statue of Ferguson will also be erected outside, hopefully in time for the start of next season.

He said of the moment when the sign was unveiled: "I was really emotional. I couldn't believe it. I didn't expect that. I have to thank the club, it's fantastic of them to do that.

"I'm really proud of this moment. Mike Phelan knew about it but never told me, so he's sacked! I had absolutely no idea."
    Manchester Evening News

Such an amazing, and fitting, tribute.

Master Guru
    Great to see the stand named after the great man.

Earthbound
    I think I'm gonna get the most dislikes on the entire forum.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

8. Likes jj03, Tutankhamun likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Telegraph
    Sir Bobby Charlton on the moment he saw the genius in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson

And he remembers the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1983, when the mighty Real Madrid were conquered by an Aberdeen side managed by Alex Ferguson.
    “You couldn’t take your eyes off him,” he says. “He lives every player, whatever they’re doing, and he still does. That’s when I realised that he was unique. He was a great manager.

"But it wasn’t until a little while later that we were actually able to get him to come from Aberdeen to manage us.” It was as a player, as a striker for Dunfermline, Rangers and Falkirk, that Ferguson first came to Charlton’s attention.

“That’s when he found out he was a good coach,” Charlton says. “I saw him at that time, and he’d forgive me for saying he wasn’t the greatest centre-forward in the whole world. But he had the work ethic. That work ethic from when he was in the Govan shipyards in Glasgow.”
    The Telegraph

--

Henry Winter: the challenging task of selecting Sir Alex Ferguson's All-Star Manchester United XI

Distilling all this talent into the definitive Sir Alex All-Stars is certainly a complicated task.
    The Telegraph

I concur with his selections.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    The Telegraph

--

The Telegraph

Mine would be,

Schmeichel
    G Neville Vidic Bruce Irwin
    Ronaldo Keane Scholes Giggs
    Solskjaer Nistelrooy

Never thought I'd say this, but you have to give credit to the Glazers for naming the stand after Fergie. A little bit of good PR, well overdue.
    Last edited by LC77; 11-06-2011 at 13:00.

Master Guru
    The Telegraph

--

The Telegraph

That's the exact team I posted before..

12. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Another poor performance but it's the 3 points which matter most to you lot now!

But going back to the performance, United look a bit lethargic, making hard work of it all. I don't think they've mentally recovered from the mauling yet.
    Don't flatter yourself, United looked exactly the same before the City game. It's a bad patch complemented by a good deal of injuries. The fact we're defensively much better since that game seems to indicate exactly the opposite: we're recovering by playing efficiently.

Ultimate Veteran
    Here's the video of famous football personas given their tributes to Sir Alex. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ce=twitterfeed

15. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Performances come later, for now we will just take the results.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    4 clean sheets, no coincidence that now vida is back we look MUCH better in the back.

Rooney playing CM = fergie finally realising how $#@! our CM is and regretting not getting a good CM. Hazard or Gotze please

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    My bro told me what happened.

He was on the subs bench and was told to warm up. He was then told that he wasn't going on the pitch, the planned substitution was Pogba off, Ravel on, but the coach changed their mind or something.

When told he wasn't going on he stomped off down the tunnel mid game. That's why he tweeted "Piss take. Can't wait till the end of the season" and Rooney went back at him.

People may liken his behavioural issues to Balotelli, but the difference is Balotelli is just innocently crazy, he doesn't run with gun gangs and he doesn't have criminal convictions which stop him going on tour with the club.

He is United's bad egg. I already know it, seriously, get rid.
    Fergie already dealt with him and there is a reason why he is still with us, he is honestly THAT good, trust me, no one has seen a English youngster with the ablity he has.

He is just a $#@! who is a bit black and he hasnt gotten in trouble lately.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-07-2011 at 11:35.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    He's a kid and wants to play football; he then got frustrated, it's a non story.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Sports
    PSV starlet confirms United deal
    Andreas Pereira heading for Old Trafford

PSV Eindhoven starlet Andreas Pereira has confirmed that he is joining Manchester United, as revealed exclusively by skysports.com.

We broke the news on Saturday that United were set to clinch a deal for the 15-year-old - rated as one of the best players for his age in Europe.

The Brazilian-born Belgian youth international has accepted an offer from United, and will leave the Philips Stadion for Old Trafford in the New Year.

"I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club," he told VoetbalPrimeur.

"Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me.

"I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look.

"I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great!"
    Sky Sports

---

David Gill reveals lengths Manchester United went to keep Sir Alex Ferguson in dark over stand tribute
    Manchester United chief executive David Gill insisted on a top secret mission to rename Old Trafford’s North Stand in Sir Alex Ferguson’s honour in order to prevent the 69-year-old from learning of the tribute before its announcement on Saturday.

Secret: Manchester United went to great lengths to prevent Sir Alex Ferguson from learning about his tribute

The 25,500-capacity stand will now be known as the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand following Gill’s decision to mark the Scot’s 25th anniversary as Manchester United manager.

A statue of Ferguson by renowned sculptor Phillip Jackson has also been commissioned by the club.

But in an effort to prevent news of the tribute leaking out, the re-lettering of the stand took place under cover of darkness on Thursday night, finishing at 2am on Friday morning, before being covered by a 20-metre banner which read ‘Old Trafford, Manchester.’

Six abseilers took part in the re-lettering on the roof of the stand and everyone involved was ordered to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Only eight people within Old Trafford knew of the plans, which Gill had only revealed to the small group on Wednesday evening.

A further meeting, on Friday evening, resulted in Gill telling the group of the plans for a statue, which were also subject to strict confidentiality.

The press release announcing the renaming of the stand and plans for a statue wasn’t printed until the day of the game and no other staff, including club photographers, were informed until 2.45pm – five minutes before Gill made the announcement alongside Ferguson in the Old Trafford centre circle.
    The Telegraph

Can't be easy keeping anything from Sir Alex.

Veteran
    I never get tired of looking at the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand gives me goosebumps I tell ya!

21. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    just get us a decent AMC ffs

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

Fergie already dealt with him and there is a reason why he is still with us, he is honestly THAT good, trust me, no one has seen a English youngster with the ablity he has.

He is just a $#@! who is a bit black and he hasnt gotten in trouble lately.
    I've said before in this thread but I'll say it again because you've missed it.

I used to work with the wife of Kenny Swain, he is the coach for England U16's and is assistant to U17's.

http://www.thefa.com/England/All-Tea...ff/kenny-swain

I spoke to him a few times about football and stuff. This guy brought through the likes of Wilshire & Rooney at international level. He has SAF on speed-dial and all sorts. In his playing career he won the European cup with Villa and was a key to their success in his era, he was a good defender.

I asked him about Ravel and he said "In all honesty... the best English player I have EVER seen." I was like... you gotta be kidding.

"no. He is incredibly good. He's just been brought up wrong. He's fell in with the wrong crowd because he never had a proper upbringing. But on the football pitch, he is remarkable. He will either end up in prison, or he will be the best English player of his generation if he meets his potential".

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Id put my house on prison

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    I think it's clear that Ferguson's plan for the midfield this season was to see if Anderson could finally come good, and give Cleverley a chance to establish himself. Cleverley has done well and justified that faith. Anderson started well, but has since regressed, and doesn't actually seem that bothered. The guy who runs the Republik of Mancunia blog tweeted today that with Nani you always got the sense that he wanted to improve, and would try new things even when he wasn't in his best form. You don't get that same sense from Anderson, and unless he consistently returns to his early season form, I think his days are numbered.

So we didn't buy a new midfielder, Cleverley got injured and Anderson disappointed - that's why we now need Rooney to play in midfield. I actually think as part of an attacking midfield he could do a good job, but the fact he's playing so far deep just speaks to the need for improvements in that part of the squad. If you're having to put your best player in a problem area just because there's nobody else who could do the job better, it's time to invest.

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm inclined to agree, don't think Rooney should be playing in the middle in an ideal situation. We'll see if something happens in January otherwise I can see Cleverly and Fletcher playing the a lot for the rest of the season.

Master Guru
    Cleverley and Fletch could be a good pairing if Fletch can get his form back, I'd rather see us buy a 20, 21 year old creative midfielder than say Snejider.

If only Morrison had the same attitude as Tom Cleverley.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think Morrison has always been seen as Giggs replacement, don't think he'll be rushed to be honest. Might be a few years still until he's a regular, think that's why Young was bought.

Master Guru
    I think Morrison has always been seen as Giggs replacement, don't think he'll be rushed to be honest. Might be a few years still until he's a regular, think that's why Young was bought.
    So hes left footed then? He can play wide and through the middle which is good.

Will be gutting if we lose Pogba to one of the Milan clubs, he's stalling on a new contract and clubs are circuling! United wouldn't get much money for him. He looks a great talent, which Fergie has talked about...

Ultimate Veteran
    I think he is yeah, yeah pretty versatile which will be useful. I really hope Pogba stays, might just be a trick to play more in the big team or get a better contract. Seems odd that he'd leave when he's on the brink of making the first team permanently. Maybe he doesn't like the weather.

Thread Information