Page 967 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 957967977 ... LastLast
Results 24,151 to 24,175 of 30742
    Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Wouldn't say he was being a douche, bit of a harsh thing to say

but I think he is being a touch hypocritical.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    He didn't like being cheated off the field when his opponents pressurised the ref yet he's quite happy to do it to others. And that ladies and gentlemen is why I will never celebrate him as a England player.
    So he cheated Kompany off the field? Sorry lad, it's no one's fault but Kompany himself that he got sent off. He presented the ref with the opportunity by going in with 2 feet off the ground. By the way, the only thing you're accomplishing with that last sentence is making yourself look ridiculous. I remember very well how excited you were about Rooney possibly joining you last season. Or was that just small time mentality to get one over us?

Why is everyone always looking for excuses? When one of us commits such a tackle we're generally extremely pissed off because of how stupid he is and how he's letting down the team. Kompany let you down, yet you're just pointing fingers to others. Victim much?

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd
    Sir Alex backing for Rooney

Sir Alex has defended Wayne Rooney's actions following Vincent Kompany's two-footed tackle on Nani at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini was upset with the United striker gesturing to referee Chris Foy that the foul was dangerous and complained it played a part in the official opting to show the red card to the home captain.

However, the manager maintains it was the correct decision to dismiss the Belgian and feels Rooney's reaction was*an inevitable one in the wake of a poor challenge.

"I have no concerns about the behaviour in that respect because, to my mind, it was a reckless challenge and Nani is a very lucky boy because he didn't get a bad injury," he told a FIFA press conference in Zurich.

"I have no complaints about Wayne, I don't think it was unacceptable what he did. I think it was a natural reaction to a bad challenge from an opponent.

"But I can understand where Roberto's coming from because that's what happens with players today, they all appeal for penalties or players to be sent off. It's an unfortunate part of our game."
    ManUtd.com

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    The appeal by Rooney was in the right place. Another attempt by City to stain our victory. Why can't they just accept the fact that they lost and start working towards improving that instead of making all sorts of rubbish claims?
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Nah we shouldn't think that would happen. With the ban handed out to Suarez, everyone will be VERY careful from here on. Hopefully.
    Let's not underestimate how stupid and irrational drunk fans can be. And that goes for both sets of fans. They both have perfect opportunities to look like complete asses.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Let's not underestimate how stupid and irrational drunk fans can be. And that goes for both sets of fans. They both have perfect opportunities to look like complete asses.
    Yes they can (seeing how Man City fans started throwing bricks yesterday) and they cannot be trusted in such delicate matters. What I believe is, in this case, we should just forget about what happened and hope that no such instances occur in the future. Yes, Suarez has an aggressive personality and has been surrounded by controversies before but though I'm not a big fan of his, I know that he has great talent and we must not let his conduct alone overshadow his brighter side.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

7. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Master Guru
    DC was creaming when he thought City were getting Rooney. He was happy to have him at city back then.

Big fat hypocrite!!

3-2.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan View Post
    DC was creaming when he thought City were getting Rooney. He was happy to have him at city back then.

Big fat hypocrite!!

3-2.
    Well we can't blame him for feeling sad that Rooney rejected City can we.

(I know that's not what would have actually happened but I liked putting it that way )

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Messi has won the Ballon D'Or, but in my head Bebe won it. It's definitely a moral victory for Bebe though.

11. Likes 33x likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    SAF won the FIFA Presidential Award. Legend.

Master Guru
    You can't imagine what goes on in some people's heads

Nice one Fergie!! Yep legend!!!!

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Cantona has announced he intends to run for the president of France!

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan View Post

Big fat hypocrite!!

3-2.
    If you're using 3-2 to try and upset me you're to going to get anywhere.

Let me remind you that City SPANKED you 6-1 under similar circumstances. United rolled over and died that day. City outplayed United in the second half with 10 men and scored 2 goals.

Doesnt that worry you? That 10 men can outplay The mighty Man United? Face it, you're not as good as you once were.

The whole team gave everything. That's all you can ask for, but I doubt you can say the same when it was the other way around.

So you can't really make me feel less proud of City than I am. They showed more fight than United did in October. City gave an immense account of themselves, many people have said that.

3-2 ain't bad. And it's certainly not as humiliating as 6-1.
    Last edited by dc89; 01-09-2012 at 22:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

16. Likes 33x likes this post
    Veteran
    Eurrgh I get the feeling this is going to become a myth. City scored 2 fluky goals, a set piece and a mistake. United controlled the ball in the second half.

Master Poster
    We're still in the FA Cup. End of.

Ultimate Veteran

Let me remind you that City SPANKED you 6-1 under similar circumstances. United rolled over and died that day. City outplayed United in the second half with 10 men and scored 2 goals.

Doesnt that worry you? That 10 men can outplay The mighty Man United? Face it, you're not as good as you once were.

The whole team gave everything. That's all you can ask for, but I doubt you can say the same when it was the other way around.

So you can't really make me feel less proud of City than I am. They showed more fight than United did in October. City gave an immense account of themselves, many people have said that.

Your only as good as your last game.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Your only as good as your last game.
    Bodes well for United. Manage to scrape a win against 10 men for 80 minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Bodes well for United. Manage to scrape a win against 10 men for 80 minutes...
    The results counts, especially in a cup game. United did what was needed.
    Other opinions are available.

Veteran
    I think the way City set out in the 2nd half confused United a bit. 3-0 down in a cup game at half time, I think United expected City to come at them, and they didn't.

City took up a defensive formation and United almost didn't know what to do with the ball. City hit 2 sucker punches and almost nicked it. Fair play, but United got the result which was great.

Veteran
    If Arnie can be governor of California; Cantona can become president!

We need to rig this!

Master Guru
    3-2.

Veteran
    FIFPro World XI 2011: Casillas; Ramos, Pique, Vidic, Alves; Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso; Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney.

Team of 11 comprising of 3 teams. Glad we got a couple in to spoil the Scottish league upgrade boys love in.

However I do miss the days England were dominanting Europe, certainly ended now

Veteran
    Items Manchester United

and let me remind you that when a bunch of arabs overtake a club and plow millions into it, you should expect progress...because before they arrived, you were going nowhere...still, as you are aware, i presume, we are full of injuries which makes the result even sweeter in light of all citys talent...we $#@!ed ourselves up in the second half which gave opportunities. still, you lot can console yourselves with the fact that as your out of the cup, you can focus on the league now...3-2 and a big middle finger to city...

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style

Lol, what did i miss?!?!

Tbh, he has a point! we COULDVE went on and spanked them, but fergie $#@!ed up. beating them just about 3-2, isnt as bad as 6-1 in the league

I was MAD AS HELL that citeh had us on the back foot all the 2nd half.

and its only the fa cup. i'll will suck $#@!, if we do them in the league

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Also good to see the best CB in the world in the fifa team of the year

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information