Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 122232 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    ^ 46"

Yea, the sub is pretty awesome. We hadn't watched anything lately so last night we put in Rambo so we could watch a short movie with a lot of explosions so we could get our fill of the bass, haha. The day we got it we had to rattle-proof the 4 rooms around it.

Apprentice

Ok, Update with pictures on mine. I finally finished the trim work and got the couch in there. the room is bigger than it looks in the pictures. Its just the couch is huge, but is quite comfy. I had 5 people in there last night and it didnt feel cramped at all. And i forgot to take a picture of the dedicated theatre lighting. It lights up ONLY the couch and not the screen wall so you can see to eat but not bother the screen. Plus its dimmable to set the mood lol.

Here is the list of components again

Mitsubishi HC5500 1080p Projector creating a 92" image
    Onkyo TRX-s606 7.1 Receiver
    Premier Acoustic PA-6F Towers x 2
    Premier Acoustic PA-6C Center
    Premier Acoustic PA-6S Surrounds x 4
    Premier Acoustic PA-120 12" 650 Watt Sub
    Xbox 360 60GB
    PS3 60GB
    Wii
    Media Center PC

Looking at the screen

Component shelves

Looking towards the back of the room

Looking at the back wall

Screen showing Iron man (its blurry since i didnt pause the Blu-Ray to take the picture)

Xbox 360 with HD-DVD, PS3 60GB , and Wii on a 65" Mitsubishi 1080p DLP & Sony 7.1 Surround Sound
    http://stickboy46.myminicity.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Ok, Update with pictures on mine. I finally finished the trim work and got the couch in there. the room is bigger than it looks in the pictures. Its just the couch is huge, but is quite comfy. I had 5 people in there last night and it didnt feel cramped at all. And i forgot to take a picture of the dedicated theatre lighting. It lights up ONLY the couch and not the screen wall so you can see to eat but not bother the screen. Plus its dimmable to set the mood lol.

Xbox 360 60GB
    PS3 60GB
    Wii
    Media Center PC

Looking at the screen

Component shelves

Looking towards the back of the room

Looking at the back wall

Screen showing Iron man (its blurry since i didnt pause the Blu-Ray to take the picture)
    Dude that is an awesome set up...my jaw just hit the floor!:P

ex Burnout Paradise world No.2 and Computer Science Undergraduate
    "Confidence Creates Skill"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggy View Post
    Dude that is an awesome set up...my jaw just hit the floor!:P
    Thanks, thats about 2 months worth of hard work i put into that room. It was just a bare room at the beginning of December. I had to do everything starting with the framing. I did everything myself besides install the carpet (it was just as cheap to have them install it as it was to have them deliver it lol). Just got it all done Saturday night. Watched the Superbowl on it yesterday and plan to sit on my *** the rest of the week and watch movies and play games finally lol.

Xbox 360 with HD-DVD, PS3 60GB , and Wii on a 65" Mitsubishi 1080p DLP & Sony 7.1 Surround Sound

Superior Member
    Really nice set up Stickboy. That couch looks comfy
    40" Samsung HDTV | 5.1 Surround Sound | 60G PS3 | 32+ PS3 games | 42 PS2 games |
    12 classic PS games.

"They say fortune favors the bold... lucky me"
    "My vengence is everything"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by La_Resistance View Post
    Really nice set up Stickboy. That couch looks comfy
    Oh it is. What you cant tell from the pictures is, the Far right seat reclines, The 2nd from the right rocks and has an ottoman that slides under the coffee table, the center one rocks and reclines, the 2nd from the left is another rocker with an ottoman (2 separate ottomans) and the far left reclines.

Thanks, thats about 2 months worth of hard work i put into that room. It was just a bare room at the beginning of December. I had to do everything starting with the framing. I did everything myself besides install the carpet (it was just as cheap to have them install it as it was to have them deliver it lol). Just got it all done Saturday night. Watched the Superbowl on it yesterday and plan to sit on my *** the rest of the week and watch movies and play games finally lol.
    I am interested in having my own MINI set up myself, How much did everything cost to do? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Superior Member
    Oh it is. What you cant tell from the pictures is, the Far right seat reclines, The 2nd from the right rocks and has an ottoman that slides under the coffee table, the center one rocks and reclines, the 2nd from the left is another rocker with an ottoman (2 separate ottomans) and the far left reclines.
    lol that's one crazy couch. Awesome though
    40" Samsung HDTV | 5.1 Surround Sound | 60G PS3 | 32+ PS3 games | 42 PS2 games |
    12 classic PS games.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by FT9 View Post
    I am interested in having my own MINI set up myself, How much did everything cost to do? If you don't mind me asking of course.
    Oh man, let me try to remember. Ill probably be really sad after recapping how much i spent.

Projector -2000
    Speakers - 1000
    receiver - 350
    Wiring and wall plates - 350 (including A/C oulets and light wiring)
    Lights - 100
    Carpet - 550 (installed)
    Trim, Doors, Shelf boards, stain - 350
    Paint - 100
    Basic framing materials - 150
    Couch and coffee table - 2500
    Then of course the gaming systems

So total about 7500 without the game systems. Keep in mind, that is all WITHOUT installation cost (except carpet) since i did it all myself.

Pardon picture quality, and wires on the ground with the cardboard box under the center speaker. Just moved stuff around and haven't had the time to get new wires and a stand for the speaker yet. And the room is really small for what I have.

People here have pretty nice and clean setups. I like them.

Here's mine:
    Denon 3808ci
    Klipsch RF-7
    Klipsch RC-7
    Polk something that'll I'm replacing later
    SVS PB12plus/2
    Samsung 52" 750

[reveal]

[/reveal]

Apprentice
    Aight... the pictures for me in the main post is really outdated because that home theater was when I was temporarily staying in my parent's house in Houston.

I moved (back) to Orlando and purchased a Townhouse. I at first had my living room in my loft area and the actual living room space had a pool table. This past week, I put the living room where it should be and did some changes... like mounting the tv and concealing the wires (which was a pain since behind the drywall was 3/4 of space to the cement), new tv bench and other decorations.

PS: I love modern design... THE_FORCE, your whole f#*%ing crib is amazing. Mine isn't quite there, but I'm trying. LOL.

Setup:

• 50" Panasonic Viera TH-PZ700U
    • 80 gb PS3 with a 160gb HDD swap
    • Samsung HT-AS720ST HTIB (7.1 receiver) [not hooked up yet]
    • 2 Yamaha NS-125FPN floorstand speakers

I haven't put together my sound system yet. I'm going to be order some Flatwire for the surround speakers (http://www.flatwireready.com/).

My next step is building a mini-pc for the living room to play uncompressed blu-ray rips

Master Guru

Xbox 360 60GB
    PS3 60GB
    Wii
    Media Center PC
    Awesome, I guess you didn't have enough room for a dedicated room for your equipment? Doesn't matter as it looks perfect in the corner.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Superior Member
    That's looking good Sj, really liking the wall color against the electronics and tile floor
    12 classic PS games.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Looking pretty good SJ. Love the colors.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Resistance View Post
    That's looking good Sj, really liking the wall color against the electronics and tile floor
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Looking pretty good SJ. Love the colors.

thanks! much appreciated. If I'm not working, playing the ps3, or watching a blu-ray... I most likely watching HGTV.

Red Herb Addict
    Some awesome looking setups guys.

Here are some pics of my setup.

lawlydoodlez

sj.. i love your couch.
    haha, and the rest is dope too.

Quote Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
    I moved (back) to Orlando and purchased a Townhouse. I at first had my living room in my loft area and the actual living room space had a pool table. This past week, I put the living room where it should be and did some changes... like mounting the tv and concealing the wires (which was a pain since behind the drywall was 3/4 of space to the cement), new tv bench and other decorations.
    Where at in Orlando Since im NE a bit in Winter Springs work in Maitland, but have been in Orlando for almost 8 Years.

BTW nice Setup i like setups that are functional as well as good looking.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Layd Dly View Post
    Where at in Orlando Since im NE a bit in Winter Springs work in Maitland, but have been in Orlando for almost 8 Years.

BTW nice Setup i like setups that are functional as well as good looking.

I'm in Millenia... I lived here since 2002/2003, but was in Houston for a year because of work.

thanks for all the replies. when I'm done setting up the surrounds (might take awhile since this Flatwire stuff is a little out of my budget), I'll take better pictures... I finally figured out what settings to put my camera on.

While im here i might as well post some new Pics I took of my Cave and my Living Room while it was clean and fresh from the Super Bowl gathering and thought i would share.

Cave

Living Room

Lunar_Chaos
    ^ I love that movie collection!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Layd Dly View Post
    While im here i might as well post some new Pics I took of my Cave and my Living Room while it was clean and fresh from the Super Bowl gathering and thought i would share.

I see you got those magics jerseys. LOL. they doing real good this year aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
    I see you got those magics jerseys. LOL. they doing real good this year aren't they?
    Yes they were until Jameer Nelson got severely injured on Monday Night

some insane setups

Apprentice

Just thought I would post images of my setup. Apologies to Mods – didn’t see the dedicated thread.

My setup is a Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5080D Plasma, VSX-LX60 Amp, DVR-LX60 HD recorder and 320gig PS3. There’s a Wii hidden somewhere there to. Speakers are a 7.1 MA Bronze setup. I think all the Pioneer kit is called ‘Elite’ in the US

The lighting is LED tubes available from the AVforums (UK). 2x15" LED tubes behind the screen and 4 more 24" tubes in a light-well to light up the rear wall (not shown). All controlled via remote control and I can just flick to what ever colour I choose and the lights fade into each colour.

Last thing (not shown in images) is Pronto TSU9400 remote which is just simply stunning! Created a Mac OS theme to match the Mac OS theme on my PS3.

Thread Information