Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast

sorry phone cam kinda sucks will take new one pics when my new cam comes in the mail.
    Currently Playing: RE5
    PS3 40gig(upgraded 320gig)
    PSN: Wolfsins
    I'm hot like fire.

chwisch87
    THE_FORCE just raised this to a whole new level ... lord lol.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hey FORCE, can you tell me what catalog you ordered those rooms from... it looks nice

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 4080p View Post
    How good is this TV? Im going to be buying the same one very soon, does it perform well?
    TV performs to my liking. I would suggest looking on google and searching the TV up for reviews. If you would like, I can take a picture of my TV in action with a PS3 game later on.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJ23 View Post
    Wow.... The_Force. Your house looks so modern contemporary! Are you an interior designer or something? And BTW, what color is your bedroom wall?
    Not an interior designer Lucky no, but I did do all the design myself, including the kitchen ! The bedroom wall is painted in Dulux Cocoa Blush Number 1. Hope that helps .
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87 View Post
    THE_FORCE just raised this to a whole new level ... lord lol.
    Lol - dunno about that mate, but cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Hey FORCE, can you tell me what catalog you ordered those rooms from... it looks nice
    LOL, cheers Red.

Algophobia4U
    The_Force

Let's see your Blu-ray movies and games?

Picked up the MGS4 Bundle this week. My set-up is complete...for now. I live in a condo so I can't have anything super crazy/big.

Taken before I had the PS3

Back-lit with Ideal Plume 6500k lights

- Pioneer 5070
    - Onkyo 805
    - Rotel 1075
    - Panasonic BD30
    - Sony PS3 80gb
    - B&W 704 Fronts
    - B&W HTM7 Center
    - B&W DS3 Rears
    - Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer
    - Custom Adona Corporation component stand
    - Cables from Anti-Cables

gorgeous set up 43. Here are a couple pics of mine. I am building the center as we speak. Surrounds are next. I will get some better pics later. This one is just to show where the sub is located (the grate above the tv). The mains were also built by me. Some of the best speakers I have ever heard.

40gb PS3
    Philips 42PF9630A Plasma w/ ambilight
    Harman Kardon AVR 347 receiver
    DIY BAMTM floorstanding speakers - see the design here http://zaphaudio.com/BAMTM.html
    DIY EP2500 powered Infinite Baffle with 2 18" subs from FI Audio - BEST SUB EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead848 View Post
    gorgeous set up 43.
    Thanks! I've never seen an in-ceiling subwoofer before. Pretty cool. Props for making your own speakers!
    PSN - xVEGANxREICHx

1Two3
    Everyone has nice set-ups but man, The Force's is incredible! I saw it in the AVS Forums as well! Love your interior designs by the way. Everything is so sleek and tech!

Thanks, 1Two3

Quote Originally Posted by 1Two3 View Post
    Everyone has nice set-ups but man, The Force's is incredible! I saw it in the AVS Forums as well! Love your interior designs by the way. Everything is so sleek and tech!

Thanks, 1Two3
    Wow, cheers for the great compliment 123 Though compared to some of the setups over there, mine's pretty poor !!
    Cheers though mate.

Master Poster
    It's been a while, but I updated the OP with a few more guys. I know the list has grown and I have a bit to do before I'm caught up, but don't worry I still have the initiative for this thread. I haven't been posting at all recently but I'm still floating around.

Oh and on a brighter note, I got a sick deal on a Denon AVR-2808 and so far its a blast. I know it isn't any 4808 (Ref :P) but it gets the job done for me. Okay well enjoy the update guys.

Have an AV/Home Theater question? Send me a PM and I'll be glad to help!
    Blu-ray.com - My HT Setup
    AVSForum - My HT Setup

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Finally got my HDTV yesterday D

And here's the pics:

What's in the pics:
    LN46A650 - Samsung 46" 6 Series
    Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    60 gig PS3
    Controllers, games, Blu-ray, and "Transformers"

Those aren't all my games or Blu-ray's. My friend has a couple games on loan and some of the Blu-ray's like the Spider-Man trilogy pack won't fit in that little drawer.

NOTE: Of course the box speakers stands are temporary, but whole setup in my bedroom is temporary till our house is finished being renovated (this is in my step-mom's condo).

And on a final note... I don't think I'll ever get another DVD again (aside from really old movies and TV shows). After watching a couple Blu-ray's and then watching Transformers on DVD... I can't take much more

living room:

not very esthetically pleasing but super functional..plus i honestly dont care lol
    the list:
    52" sharp 1080p 52d64u
    ps3 80gb mgs4
    hp laser printer
    dreamcast
    modded 360 premium
    Toshiba HD-a3
    hdmi splitter & 802.11n router
    motorola dual tuner hd dvr
    650w onkyo
    n64
    KEF 2000.5 5.1's w/350w sub behind the couch
    and a harmony one remote

iv also got a 47" 1080P LG in the BR..but i almost never use it

deffinetly not as impressive as some other peoples setups over @ AVS but not too shabby for a 21yr old
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post
    Great to see how everyone's setups have evolved - looking good !

Full kit list:
    Main Room:
    60" Pioneer PDP-LX608D
    Denon 4308
    Duo Acoustics 77A's (7.1)
    SKY HD
    Sony PS3(60GB)
    Nintendo Wii
    Denon DVD1930
    Denon DCD700S
    Logitech Harmony 1000 remote with RF extender
    Black Rhodium Jive Speaker cable
    Qed HDMI leads & Interconnects
    Z-Wave & X-10 remote lighting

Bedroom1:
    46" Sony 46X3500
    Yamaha RX-V2600
    Kef 3005 Special Editions (5.1)
    2nd PS3(60GB)
    2nd Sky HD box (Multiroom)
    Squeezebox 3
    Logitech Dinovo Mini
    Slimline PS2
    PSP
    Z-wave and X-10 lighting
    Logitech Harmony 555 remote
    Qed HDMI's, opticals, and Silver Anniversary XT

Bedroom 2/PC Room:
    40" Sony 40S2030 (used as pc monitor)
    Technics seperates
    Mission 73's
    Sony Vaio VGX TP2S/B
    Logitech Dinovo Edge
    Octava HDMI switcher
    Qed HDMI's and Black Rhodium jive
    i-phone
    Sony NWA-1000
    Sony NWZ-A829

Considering a bit of a change around and upgrade soon, but thanks for looking y'all !
    wow, i want to live there lol..trully a very nice layout/setup
    what do you do for a living?
    52" 1080P Sharp Aquos
    Onkyo 650w HTS590S - KEF 5.1 2000.5
    Toshiba HD-A3 - box 360 20gb - PS3 200gb

-Alex-
    Whoa the Force very nice set up. Are you a photographer? Or do you just have a nice camera hehe. Whats the acoustics like with the open plan lounge and tiles? Oh even your kettle is expensive! I would love a Sony X series I think they look so nice especially when wall mounted...

My set up is far more modest but I don't think its too bad for a poor uni student!

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    I added some Monitor RS6 speakers since my last post to this thread. I have one with the grill on and the other with it off. I am probably going to keep them both on with 3 dogs running around the house, but I prefer how they look with them off.

With the Denon receiver, when I have two channel audio on it will default to the RS6 speakers and when I have 5.1 channel it defaults to the NHTs. I am pretty happy with the setup.

I have also found time to get a shot of my bedroom setup. On my nightstand, I have a Super T-amp, a Roku Soundbridge, an Entech DAC, and a pair of vintage Realistic Electrostat Headphones. They give me the option of playing the audio over the headphone or via the Insignia Speakers in my setup.

One of the features of the bed that comes in handy is that it has a "Precision Comfort" foundation that allows me to raise the head when I am playing games:

Finally, below is a shot of the 61 inch Samsung 720p that I have in my bedroom. The receiver is just a run of the mill Onkyo that I got on the cheap. It is more than enough for the bedroom:

I also have a 42 inch Westinghouse 1080p in my computer/workout room. I will post pics of it when I have time. I use a Monoprice HDMI splitter to route the PS3 signal to it from my living room.

Alakratt
    Quote Originally Posted by SikTh View Post
    Nintendo ES.
    Colour TV.

I am getting a VHS recorder next week!
    This pic here CRACKED ME UP!! NICE JOB DUDE!! Don't worry man, CDs are coming!!

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    This pic here CRACKED ME UP!! NICE JOB DUDE!! Don't worry man, CDs are coming!!
    Funny, I have a vcr and a Nintento that I have sitting on my office floor waiting to be hooked up somewhere. I still love that first Nintendo game with the Mario Bros, Tetris, Ninja Turtles, Fester's Quest, etc.. I will eventually find a place for it.

The VCR gets almost no use at all, but I am not going to throw it away. It will probably end up in the bedroom. I still have a VCR in my main system, but I never use it, either. However, it is cool to show off how great some of those DVHS movies looked when people talk about how DVDs look better than tape.

Usually, if I want to record something it is for taking with me on the road. I use a Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder 2 Plus Digital Video Recorder for recording directly to a memory stick that will play on my PSP.

Anyway, I know the post was probably a joke, but I was pretty happy playing the Nintendo back in the day.

-Alex-
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    I added some Monitor RS6 speakers since my last post to this thread. I have one with the grill on and the other with it off. I am probably going to keep them both on with 3 dogs running around the house, but I prefer how they look with them off.

With the Denon receiver, when I have two channel audio on it will default to the RS6 speakers and when I have 5.1 channel it defaults to the NHTs. I am pretty happy with the setup.

I have also found time to get a shot of my bedroom setup. On my nightstand, I have a Super T-amp, a Roku Soundbridge, an Entech DAC, and a pair of vintage Realistic Electrostat Headphones. They give me the option of playing the audio over the headphone or via the Insignia Speakers in my setup.

One of the features of the bed that comes in handy is that it has a "Precision Comfort" foundation that allows me to raise the head when I am playing games:

Finally, below is a shot of the 61 inch Samsung 720p that I have in my bedroom. The receiver is just a run of the mill Onkyo that I got on the cheap. It is more than enough for the bedroom:

I also have a 42 inch Westinghouse 1080p in my computer/workout room. I will post pics of it when I have time. I use a Monoprice HDMI splitter to route the PS3 signal to it from my living room.
    Nice solution in the bedroom and i also like the hdmi splitter to the living room. clever thinking! do you ever have problems with bluetooth signal strength?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
    Nice solution in the bedroom and i also like the hdmi splitter to the living room. clever thinking! do you ever have problems with bluetooth signal strength?
    Thanks. I love the room setup and I use the PS3 in that room quite a bit while my girlfriend is watching shows from the Lifetime network in the living room.

My office has a rolltop computer desk, so I put my 42 inch LCD on it and bought a Ergotron adjustable LCD mount for my 19inch LCD monitor so I could use it, too. I really need a different desk, but I got this one from my parents, so it is a touchy situation. I am still trying to think of a way to make it work out. I think I could get a wall mount and put it over the desk, but then I would have to look up to play games.. Anyway, it is a work in progress, but I can play games in there now. I will try to post a pic of the current setup sometime this weekend.

Below is a pic of the desk. I moved the electronics on the top shelf to a rack, but you can imagine a 42 inch screen sitting where the 19 inch screen is in the pic:

I have no problems with the blutooth at all. The one issue is that the Westinghouse LCD does not like Bluray with some of the PS3 settings. However, when I change the audio on the PS3 to two channel it plays properly.

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    I can only show my screen at the moment its a Compaq 19'' PC monitor which i connect to my ps3 using VGA converter.

http://www.donba.com/p-6992-vga-conv...paign=UK+feed&

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I don't have a camera, but I'll just give you a quick idea of my bedroom.

new 32" Sony Bravia L-series 720p
    PS3 60GB thru HDMI
    soon-to-be Xbox360 Premium

Custom-made crappy PC
    22" Westinghouse Flat Panel LCD Monitor

+rep to THE FORCE for being so awesome haha

Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    wow, i want to live there lol..trully a very nice layout/setup
    what do you do for a living?
    Cheers for that d94 Everyone always asks what I do for a living lol ! Nowt exciting - I work with old people mainly, that's all !
    Great room, and can I live on your couch please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
    Whoa the Force very nice set up. Are you a photographer? Or do you just have a nice camera hehe. Whats the acoustics like with the open plan lounge and tiles? Oh even your kettle is expensive! I would love a Sony X series I think they look so nice especially when wall mounted...

My set up is far more modest but I don't think its too bad for a poor uni student!
    Cheers for the comps Alex Not a photographer no - I wish ! The acoustics are far from ideal for some music, though the reverb isn't as bad as you might think? For movies it seems to work for me, as although the sound can sometimes come across as quite 'wet', it also creates a bigger soundstage. Acoustic and live material seems to work ok.
    At the end of the day, I could have put loads of soft furnishings in to dampen the sound, but that wasn't the look that I was trying to achieve - and it isn't a mastering studio lol !

I have to say - Nice Setup mate ! What I like most, is that it all appears well cared for. Look after your kit, and it'll look after you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

+rep to THE FORCE for being so awesome haha
    Cheers for that Shibby mate - and borrow a camera !

Uofmtiger - great setup mate, and tasty MA's to boot !

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm possibly getting a new setup this weekend.. so I'll be back with how it all looks.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post
    Uofmtiger - great setup mate, and tasty MA's to boot !
    Thank you! I love your contemporary design.

Here is a pic of my 42 inch TV on my desk. (I have a new reclining office chair on order, so I will do a lot more gaming in the room when it is delivered. )
    The shot below is with the Dell in place:

This one has the Dell out of the way:

This setup consists of Logitech z-680 5.1 speakers (for games and movies), an M-audio transit USB sound card from my computer feeding a Beresford DAC which feeds the signal to a Musical Fidelity X-can V3 which then feeds my Senn HD 580 headphones for audio. I also have a vintage Marantz feeding some bookshelf speakers that are not in the shot.

As I mentioned before, the Denon 3808ci in my living room feeds a monoprice HDMI splitter that goes into my computer room. One thing I like about the Denon is that I can control it using its web interface (even with an iPod Touch). This makes it easy to change the setup so that it will feed the audio to the TV instead of playing it over the speakers in my living room.

As I mentioned before, the desk is not really right for the setup, but I am living with it. I stored everything that was behind the monitor under the roll top on the audio rack behind my chair.

Thread Information