Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 354555 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1399
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by xBSGeorge View Post
    I think its time for a new Thread that actually gets updated! I was hoping for some comments on my system setup but it gets quickly lost in the confusion of many pictures and 23 pages of posts.

Be my guest. I tried implementing a way to keep it up to date that still caused too much effort/time in the end. It's ALOT of work. Reflex was suppose to help out in keeping this up to date but never did so I can say as a one man show you'll need to put alot of time in. Before you go ahead I ask you have you ever gone to the first page to check out older user's images that were already uploaded? Another reason I stopped updating it was because I didn't find the end result to be rewarding enough.

Have an AV/Home Theater question? Send me a PM and I'll be glad to help!
    Blu-ray.com - My HT Setup
    AVSForum - My HT Setup

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here are mine.

47" Philips 1080p LCD
    Sony reciever. Old but works great.

As you can see I have no 360 games because the console sucks.
    Yes for some strange reason I do like Halo.

Apprentice
    sweet setup. ya halo to me was awesome on the original xbox. with lan parties and what not. but i was thinkin of getting a xbox but cant justify the money for like 1 or 2 games...

PSN: Hologram777

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
    sweet setup. ya halo to me was awesome on the original xbox. with lan parties and what not. but i was thinkin of getting a xbox but cant justify the money for like 1 or 2 games...

Quoted for the truth. My 360 just collects dust right now.

Superior Member
    Just ordered a set of Swan 6.1 towers and the Swan C3 center in the Black Cherry finish for the living room in the new place. These will replace my Energy C-100's bookshelves and C-C100 center as a 3.1 setup until I can figure out how to set up surrounds in this room if possible (if anyone caught my thread about the room). Hopefully they'll come in next week so I can get everything set up over the weekend, then I'll throw up some pics when it's up and running.

Swan 6.1 Black Cherry

Swan C3 Black Cherry

Apprentice
    Congrats on the new purchase, Lemonade.

I have heard them, but have heard they are awesome. Very neutral sounding. Looking forward to your impressions.

What will you be driving them with? I just upgraded to the Emotiva XPA-5 to drive my B&W's. It sounds awesome.
    Panasonic TH-50PZ850u | Denon 3808ci | Emotiva XPA-5 Amplifier
    Oppo BDP-83 | Sony Playstation 3 | Apple TV | Nintendo Wii
    B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD
    My HT Setup

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louhamilton View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase, Lemonade.

I have heard them, but have heard they are awesome. Very neutral sounding. Looking forward to your impressions.

What will you be driving them with? I just upgraded to the Emotiva XPA-5 to drive my B&W's. It sounds awesome.
    Thanks. In the meantime they will just be driven by my receiver (Yamaha RX-V663). Once I get everything settled in with the new house and make sure everything else is up to snuff (and buy my separate A/V rack), I was planning on picking up an Emotiva XPA-3. If I can find a way to set up the surrounds with the significant other approving of it's locations, then I'll pick up the matching Swan surrounds and an XPA-5.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade727 View Post
    Just ordered a set of Swan 6.1 towers and the Swan C3 center in the Black Cherry finish for the living room in the new place. These will replace my Energy C-100's bookshelves and C-C100 center as a 3.1 setup until I can figure out how to set up surrounds in this room if possible (if anyone caught my thread about the room). Hopefully they'll come in next week so I can get everything set up over the weekend, then I'll throw up some pics when it's up and running.

Swan 6.1 Black Cherry

Swan C3 Black Cherry

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post

Here is the new monitor I got. It's an LG Flatron W2353V. I just have to move a few things around..I have the sound connected to my stereo. So far, I have had no problems and can't complain one bit. Looks fantastic!

*Credit to virus of CSPSP forums
    PSN ID
    : twot925

Superior Member
    My 6.1's and C3 center just came in today. Still painting the house and won't have the furniture in until Saturday. But they look GREAT and came in perfectly unharmed

Taken on the G1 in a hasty manner before work. No special shots since I didn't have my proper camera with me. I can't wait until this weekend to get these bad boys setup.

Urban Ethnic
    PSN ID
    bfd_josh
    they look sweet man, how much thoe puppies set you back?
    PSN - BFD_JOSH

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfd_josh View Post
    they look sweet man, how much thoe puppies set you back?
    $1k for all 3 speakers. It's gonna feel like a really long wait until I get everything set up on Saturday and give them a test run. I'll post back with some impressions when I do though.

Forum Guru
    Drummer in the house?

Speakers look nice, man. Now convince the wife to let you hang some surrounds.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Drummer in the house?

Speakers look nice, man. Now convince the wife to let you hang some surrounds.
    Thanks man. And I'm the drummer...in rock band

Just had it over at the house and wanted something to prop the center up for the pic lol. Yea I'm working on the surrounds. It's not her, it's actually me just finding the right spot to set them up at. Once I get the furniture in it'll give me a better idea of what I can do.

Apprentice
    Congrats, L. They look great!
    My HT Setup

Master Poster
    $1k for all 3 speakers. It's gonna feel like a really long wait until I get everything set up on Saturday and give them a test run. I'll post back with some impressions when I do though.
    $1k? That's a great deal man. Nice grab.

AVSForum - My HT Setup

Superior Member
    Well my estimate on getting everything in the house setup and picture worthy by this time was a bit off. But I did get the speakers and TV setup so here's a pic of that. The cables need a bit of hiding (especially the sub cable), but all in due time. So here's another quick and crappy G1 pic (worse than the others due to using living room light during night time.

Master Poster
    Well my estimate on getting everything in the house setup and picture worthy by this time was a bit off. But I did get the speakers and TV setup so here's a pic of that. The cables need a bit of hiding (especially the sub cable), but all in due time. So here's another quick and crappy G1 pic (worse than the others due to using living room light during night time.

Lol, no worries man you don't have to apologize to a bunch of random people over the internet. It's coming together nicely. Are you going to have an area rug or anything on that tile flooring?

AVSForum - My HT Setup

Apprentice
    I got my B&W CWM DS8 surrounds recently. Here are some pics.

I installed the speakers in without back boxes. I'm going to see how they perform until I get around to building the boxes.

Here is the kicker. When my wife came home and saw what I did, she said they look really good. I had one with the speaker grill and one without. She said that she hopes I keep the grills off. They look too nice to cover up. :jawdrop:

Either she did something and she needs to kiss my butt, or she has been replaced with a clone.

Anyway, here are some quick pics with my Polk FXi3 surrounds for comparison. I had to move the speaker in an inch to avoid a stud. No biggie.

My HT Setup

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badz_ps3 View Post
    It's coming together nicely. Are you going to have an area rug or anything on that tile flooring?
    Thanks. Yea I plan on throwing down an area rug a bit further back closer to the seating area. And the tile flooring finally gave me a reason to get an Auralex Subdude, and that was a great purchase as well. No more random annoying rattles.

I got my B&W CWM DS8 surrounds recently. Here are some pics.

I installed the speakers in without back boxes. I'm going to see how they perform until I get around to building the boxes.

Here is the kicker. When my wife came home and saw what I did, she said they look really good. I had one with the speaker grill and one without. She said that she hopes I keep the grills off. They look too nice to cover up. :jawdrop:

Either she did something and she needs to kiss my butt, or she has been replaced with a clone.

Anyway, here are some quick pics with my Polk FXi3 surrounds for comparison. I had to move the speaker in an inch to avoid a stud. No biggie.
    The speakers look great man, congrats.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    What do y'all think about Emotiva? Or, in particular, the Emotiva ERT-8.3?

http://emotiva.com/ert83.shtm

We've been researching for only a little bit but I've read good things about them so far. We're not really planning on buying anything soon, gonna wait a few months, but figured we might as well start looking around and researching.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for speakers? We really don't want to go over $1,700 for a pair.

Apprentice
    just ordered the onkyo home theater s3200 for about 300 bucks shipped.

cant wait to get this sucker, my samsung ht has been messing up and i checked everything up and down and finally got fed up with it turning off when playing ps3 and watching movies so time for a nice upgrade!!! ill take pics when i receive it and hook it all up.

PSN: Hologram777

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    What do y'all think about Emotiva? Or, in particular, the Emotiva ERT-8.3?

http://emotiva.com/ert83.shtm

We've been researching for only a little bit but I've read good things about them so far. We're not really planning on buying anything soon, gonna wait a few months, but figured we might as well start looking around and researching.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for speakers? We really don't want to go over $1,700 for a pair.
    I have an Emotiva amp and love it. I have also only heard rave reviews of their speakers. I think the whole company has high quality gear for really good prices. Best bang for your buck, IMO.

If you have the cash, I would go for it. Don't they have a 30-day money back guarantee on their speakers, too. They did for my amp. Not that I had to return it because it is so awesome.
    My HT Setup

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I have an Emotiva amp and love it. I have also only heard rave reviews of their speakers. I think the whole company has high quality gear for really good prices. Best bang for your buck, IMO.

If you have the cash, I would go for it. Don't they have a 30-day money back guarantee on their speakers, too. They did for my amp. Not that I had to return it because it is so awesome.
    Cool, that's good to hear. If everything works out we should be getting them around or after Christmas, so hopefully everything works out.

@Lemonade727, love the look of those speakers. Noticed the paint rollers in the background. Painting our living room area was a heck of a time but it paid off in the end. Hope yours isn't too much of a hassle.

Thread Information