2 5.71%
  • Resident Evil Chronicles

3 8.57%
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

15 42.86%
Page 1 of 109 111 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

"Ask About Which Game You Should Buy"

Thinking about buying a game but just not quite sure? Can't trust those reviews, or just want some honest gamer opinions?

Whatever the reason, if you are thinking about purchasing a game for your Playstation 3 but can't figure out what to go with, ask here. Our forum members will be more than happy to share their opinions with you.

Quick Note

While this isn't a thread rule, it would just be a polite thing to do. If stating your opinion about a game please give a brief summary of why the game is good. State how good the story, gameplay, visuals, sound, gameplay and replayability is.
    Long Example

Hello Tribunal, I've read your post in the "Opinions on What Game I Should Buy" thread regarding your decision to buy either Heavenly Sword or Folklore. While I haven't played Folklore I can tell you that Heavenly Sword would not be a bad decision.

Story:
    The game is like playing a movie, you play as Nariko. A clan leaders daughter and natural born Warrior. During the game you come into possession of "The Heavenly Sword" Which is an immensely powerful weapon that she has to wield and slowly drains Nariko's life away in an attempt to save her father.

Visuals:
    The are spectacular, truly a next gen experience that you'll no doubt enjoy.

Sound:
    The voice acting is superb, and the musical score is amazing and really catches the emotion in the game.

Gameplay:
    Although it really comes down to button mashing the combos are beautiful and her finish moves brutal. The game doesn't actually last that long, taking you less than 10 hours to complete. Overall, the simplistic controls and wonder style of the game will keep you entertained.

Replayability:
    Unfortunately low and high in my opinion. The game itself is a work of art and I enjoy playing through it each and every time I slide the disc into my PS3, however, the repetitive controls can cause the actual gameplay to get old after awhile.

I definitely think you should pick this game up. Thank you for your time.
    Short Example
    Should I get Hannah Montanna World Tour or inFamous?

- Joe Smith
    I think you should get Hannah Montanna over inFamous as the game has a much better story and feels much more polished. inFamous feels is too boring.
    This was due to the increasing number of opinion threads that have popped up as of late in an attempt to keep this section more orientated around news. It was made for the convenience of our members so they don't have to make a thread just asking for peoples opinions for themselves and obstructing people from finding threads about news on games that have not come out yet.

2. Likes NickRichards likes this post
    REFLEX
    Oh yeah! About time. Now we can trash all the topics that pop up on a semi-daily basis!

Master Guru
    ok i got one, Godfather is it any good on the ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

Wow, excellent idea, +rep.

I came in here thinking you actually stickied a thread about games YOU wanted to buy.

Theft l Wanna add me on PSN/XBL? [CLICK!] l twitter.com/WonsAuto
    [reveal][/reveal]

REFLEX
    My biggest thing about these topics (which is why we have this new topic for them all) is that its just peoples opinions, maybe if people posted some videos or images, but you really need to do your homework on games. Watch some video reviews, look at a bunch of pictures, read like 3 different reviews from different sites...... etc.

I mean, asking me if Godfather is good on the PS3? Hell no! It isn't. But maybe someone else will post after me saying "hell yeah! its great!".

Heh.

Master Guru
    lol so did i i thought it was kinda odd

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

Elite Sage
    Hey Tribunal,

Ratchet and Clank or NG: Sigma?
    I'm kinda torn between them

Forum Sage
    Nah it's sal good, that's what it's here for.

And as strange as this may sound, I actually prefer Ratchet and Clank myself.

The graphics are pleasant and the audio is nice. I love the story and all the characters involved, and the game mechanics are spot on. Definitely worth the money.

I've only played the Demo of NG: Sigma, but I'd personally rather play R&C, it's funner and more entertaining.

Yip-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Nah it's sal good, that's what it's here for.

And as strange as this may sound, I actually prefer Ratchet and Clank myself.

The graphics are pleasant and the audio is nice. I love the story and all the characters involved, and the game mechanics are spot on. Definitely worth the money.

I've only played the Demo of NG: Sigma, but I'd personally rather play R&C, it's funner and more entertaining.
    I agree !

I got both, if you want a fun game to play through got to be R&C hands down... such an entertaining game with visuals to die for

oh by the way, good job on making a sticky for this !!!!!!!

im gettin my ps3 in early may, atm my bundle games are:

cod4

GTA IV

and finally rainbow six vegas 2

if you think there are better games tell me because at gamestation (UK) i can get any games with it i want.

Elite Member
    between Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ratchet and ClankC. i prefer Ninja Gaiden Sigma .

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Gameplay :

- The camping in this game is so long makes it worth the money .

- the platform genre in this game is great . as a ninja jumping from wall to wall and walking on walls is a before breakfast routine and is fun to do on the hard walls that takes some skills .

- in your long quest you can find and earn weapons , each weapon has its own styles , combos , majority( slow but strong / weak but fast ) and a unique special attack .

- as good as the weapons section is , it's not all you have . as a ninja you can use "Ninpus" a magic attack of elements of fire , light , ice ... . some Ninpus you can buy , some you have to find .

- there is also the one accessory you can wear at a time . accessory for speed or power or other factors . in your boss fights , choosing the right accessory can be a big factor of winning . have fun with that ^^

- the bosses in this game are totally different form each other in there powers and styles . and fighting them is exciting . some of the bosses can take you from 30min to 1hour to beat , they really put your skill in use .

-
    there is another character that you play . Rachel , she is gorgeous and has a nice jiggly cleavage that you will enjoy .

Replayability:

- The replayability in this game is amazing . when you finish the camping you unlock tow thing .

1- a side missions arena that is so damn exciting and could take many hours of your life .

2- a harder camping which is not only harder , but actually has new enemies that you have never seen before .

Story:

The only thing i will say about the story is that it's attractive enough to make you wanna play it again .

Visuals: very good

Sound: English voice acting is great , soundtrack is good .

----------------

as for Ratchet and ClankC . i played the demo and i find the game childish . ( but thats me so no offense Ratchet and ClankC fans )

----------------

*** pm sent and rep posted for other members

Forum Sage
    Now that's what I'm talking about, +rep.

Loves Kat Von D
    Can someone help me make my mind up? I'm needin a new game, but not too sure if I'd prefer Army of Two or Unreal Tournament?
    I'v just been hearin how UT3's single player mode is putrid (It's as good as continuous death matches are, right?) but the game was always ment for online mayhem. AoT on the otherhand is apparently better offline?

D: I'm confuzzled! D:

I want a game that'll never bore me, so customisation options are ideal. I like the the whole unlockable items like on Resistance, gives a bit of reason to countless matches :P

Was thinkin bout Lost Planet, who can argue for 25 for a brand new game, but after playin the demo, it's somewhat a little slow! D:

Help?

Love ya..
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

I don't really post here these days..

Playing GTA5/Online. Add me for a game?

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Well.....in your case, I would probably go with Army of Two.
    Reasons:
    Unreal Tournament 3 offline is just matches like you said.
    Not sure if it is customizable.
    Army of Two is great. (If you are going to get it, play co-op!!!)
    Army of Two has way customizable weapons.

UT3 is a great game, but in your case, AO2 would be better.

Lost Planet is boring!!

Loves Kat Von D
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarasDeAmor View Post
    Well.....in your case, I would probably go with Army of Two.
    Reasons:
    Unreal Tournament 3 offline is just matches like you said.
    Not sure if it is customizable.
    Army of Two is great. (If you are going to get it, play co-op!!!)
    Army of Two has way customizable weapons.

UT3 is a great game, but in your case, AO2 would be better.

Lost Planet is boring!!
    Aye, it felt a lil borin D:

The thing that puts me down on AoT though is also it's biggest buzz; What bout when I complete the story? I play it on online co op, and "SUPRISE!", it's the same stuff all over again, though this time you have a weirdo from another country helpin you? Or is there any deathmatches?

I know there's loads of guns in UT3 though, but can you customise the player, online at least? To be honest, if I had a decent online game, I'd play online more than offline :P
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Well, in that case then, get UT3. I am not sure about the modes in Ao2, but UT3 has a lot and is really good. I would get it on the PC first, but if that isn't an option, opt for the PS3 version.

Loves Kat Von D
    Good stuff, cheers!
    By any chance do you know if online's heavin with players, or will I spend the largest portion of my nights waitin for a game? :P
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

Ok, as for Ratchet & Clank or Ninja Gaiden, they're two VERY different games. It depends on how dedicated you are to playing a game. Sigma is extremely difficult, especially on the harder difficulty settings. You have to donate a lot of your time and effort into the game in my opinion to extract any true long-time enjoyment out of it. Whereas R&C is light-hearted pure platforming which to date, is probably my favourite PS3 purchase.

So R&C > Ninja Gaiden.

Could somebody help me out with a PSN purchase? I've allready bought Tekken Online (which dissapointed me greatly, the lag is terrible). These are my options:

Calling all Cars, PixelJunk Racers, SuperStarDust HD, Riff: Everyday Shooter? Im going to get LocoRoco Coreccho, but i want one of the four mentioned above. If somebody can help me out?

Good thread btw. Although, i don't think you should force people to a certain format, they should be able to recommend games without posting a basic review.

Currently Playing

^^

Forum Elder
    hey im still stuck on getting army of two.Should i skip and save my money or buy it.The thread before i made didnt help much so i narrowed it.Is it a buy?

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

Hi everyone, im stuck between Assassins Creed and Devil May Cry 4 for PS3

Hi guys,

What would be a good couple of games to pick up along with a PS3? I have never played the console before, so it's all new to me.

I have my mind set on Burnout: Paradise because I played its previous instalments and enjoyed those very much. But I'm not so sure what other game I should get to complement Burnout. Possible choices are: Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Devil May Cry or possibly Assassin's Creed. As you can see it's the third person action/adventure genre that attracts me the most at the moment.

Thanks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
    Hi guys,

What would be a good couple of games to pick up along with a PS3? I have never played the console before, so it's all new to me.

I have my mind set on Burnout: Paradise because I played its previous instalments and enjoyed those very much. But I'm not so sure what other game I should get to complement Burnout. Possible choices are: Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Devil May Cry or possibly Assassin's Creed. As you can see it's the third person action/adventure genre that attracts me the most at the moment.

Thanks.
    Burnout is always nice, but you must own Call Of Duty 4. Everyone should own that game .
    I would stay away from Assassin's Creed. It's what I call a "Hate it or Love it" game.
    Devil May Cry 4 is easier than all of the rest.
    The Orange Box is a popular choice for me. It's 5 games on once disk. Well worth 59$ despite the little bit of frame rate issues(that never bothered me).
    Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a must buy also. Hands down one of best games on the PS3.
    Warhawk is online only, but very good.
    GTA IV is a must have when it comes out(which is soon). So just save money and pick this up.
    Heavenly Sword is a decent game as well.

Elite Member
    i had Assassin's Creed .

i finished it .

And here is my opinion :

if "crappy gameplay" has a name , it would be Assassin's Creed .

- sorry for any inconvenient . i just had to let that out

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Howiscow View Post
    Hi everyone, im stuck between Assassins Creed and Devil May Cry 4 for PS3
    ok so i had both game but i traded DMC4.The two games are diffrent in there own way.

Gameplay:Assassins creed is about stealth,free roaming and combat.While DMC4 is hack and slash and a puzzles at some points.In assassins creed you do assassinations but is a realy small part in the game,because you have to get some intel.Also there are some horses you can ride.The bossess at DMC4 are some hard.

Graphics:there both good i guess i dont really look at the graphics much.

ControlsMC4 is button mashing and pulling of sweet combos while Assassins creed has some hard controls like you want to climb a biulding but it wont let you come because the game thinks you want to go around the building.But you will get used to them.

Lasting apeal:Now this is what I really dont like about both games,there really short.Asssassins creed is a bit longer mainly cause i thinks it way funner.Both games will last 9-11 hours.

So my choice i recomnend is deffiantly Assassins creed because i found it to be more fun then DMC4 with free roaming killing civailings.If your a hard core DMC series fan or a button smashing guy where likes to solve some puzzles then devil may cry 4 is your game.

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

Thanks for your help guys.

I am about to leave for the store and as it is right now Uncharted is definitely on my "to buy" list. I don't really want an FPS (I play a lot of those on PC), so which 3rd person action/adventure game is the better buy? Some choices are: Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet & Clank.

Thread Information