• Resident Evil Chronicles

3 8.82%
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

14 41.18%
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
    Thanks for your help guys.

I am about to leave for the store and as it is right now Uncharted is definitely on my "to buy" list. I don't really want an FPS (I play a lot of those on PC), so which 3rd person action/adventure game is the better buy? Some choices are: Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet & Clank.
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is what your looking for then. The games you mentioned can't come close to Uncharted.

Dedicated Member
    Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is AWESOME, I played 2 hours the first day I got it. But! That next Saturday I went 6 hours straight and beat it. The story is amazingly good, and it has a brilliantly made twist. This game did torture me though, there is so much in there that could've made great multiplayer. Going on the jet skis in the middle of the ocean with a companion on the back would've been a heck load of fun. Then going into the jungle, peopl climbing around, snipers finding the perfect areas, hand to hand combat.
    But back to what is there, sound is great, texture was revolutionary with a glitch or 2 throughout that 6 hour period. You will be impressed, and you will have a great time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit_101 View Post
    hey im still stuck on getting army of two.Should i skip and save my money or buy it.The thread before i made didnt help much so i narrowed it.Is it a buy?
    Well it is an EA shooter for one, but it's not as bad as you would think or as others would say.
    I own it and I think it's pretty decent.
    2. The AI is pretty bad if your not playing CO OP with a friend.
    3. The online is buggy at this moment, and they are already making a patch to fix these problems.
    Overall Rating: 3/5

Apprentice
    I'm stuck between getting a few games right now.
    The Eye of Judgment
    Rainbow Six Vegas (would like to play before I get number 2 if it's good)
    Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Can only afford 1 or 2 right now (depending if I can get used copies or not).
    So what ones should I consider first?

Also: Are there any FPS that support splitscreen online multiplayer for PS3?

Forum Elder
    I need help too,should i buy LAIR for 22 dollers?

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

Banned
    Well, I've got money for a new game, but can't decided whether to get Warhawk or RBW Six Vegas 2 (when it comes out). Warhawk appeals to the side of me that loves all out multiplayer games, but I also like tactical shooters, so can't really decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Howiscow View Post
    Hi everyone, im stuck between Assassins Creed and Devil May Cry 4 for PS3
    ok this is personally why I would go for DMC4 if I were you.

Gameplay- Fast, fluid, easy to get into but really immersive and difficult to master
    Visuals- Everything in the game looks awesome except some choppy shadowing but whatevs
    Replayability- The game has five different difficulty settings, Bloody Palace -a 101 level gauntlet of enemies and if you beat the game on a specific (really hard) mode you unlock something very exciting but let me stop before I throw in unneccesary spoilers
    Sound- great sound effects and enjoyable/cheesy dialouge that'll have you asking for more haha. btw i don't know what it's called but the battle song in that game is killer with Nero "The time has come and so have I..."
    Story- last but not least, if you're into interesting open ended storyline's this game's for you. The story seems generic to some but I feel it's (in it's own way) unique and good for the series. Throwing a new protaginist in a game always makes for an interesting story anyway.

If you've played any Devil May Cry this is the best one yet IMO and even if you haven't if you play this game through I feel that you won't be dissapointed with your buy.
    Proud 60 GB model owner
    PS3 games that I own: Madden 07 and 08, Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Armored Core 4, Uncharted, Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Warhawk and Unreal Tournament 3

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Well, I've got money for a new game, but can't decided whether to get Warhawk or RBW Six Vegas 2 (when it comes out). Warhawk appeals to the side of me that loves all out multiplayer games, but I also like tactical shooters, so can't really decide.
    warhawk ftw. and if your tactical you will do alot better in it, imo. Its an all around great game, loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

GuitarrassDeAmor
    YES! This game is an overlooked gem! It is awesome, and has a few bugs, but amazing and innovative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Well, I am getting Warhawk this week, and I am in the same boat as you, so if you can wait (I should be getting it Wednesday....), I will let you know!

dude, i heard from someone that rainbow six has an online and ofline splitscreen but they also said the game wasn't anythig amazing. I know resistance has a splitscreen but im not sure if its online.

Okay, so I've been playing Orange Box and Oblivion to death- love'em both, but I need to mix things up a little. I'm thinking about GRAW2, but I also keep hearing a lot of great things about R6:Vegas. In the realm of over-the-shoulder shooters, which is better? Should I just wait for Vegas 2?

Also, I only like the whole "take cover" mechanic if I can aim my crosshairs and know where I'll be shooting when I pop out. This ruined Uncharted for me (dumb reason, I know, but it really irks me), so if one has crosshairs while covering and another doesn't, just let me know and I'll have my decision :P
    -Tez

Dedicated Member
    They are both from the same company, and are both tactical shooters. GRAW2 has some decent reviews, and my Game Informer had a review of 9.25/10 for Rainbow6 Vegas 2. Vegas 2 will have many people online and may be the best choice. Either way the biggest differences are story lines, and Vegas 2 is a little more adavance like destructible enviroments.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Howiscow View Post
    Hi everyone, im stuck between Assassins Creed and Devil May Cry 4 for PS3
    Assassin's Creed:

Gameplay:
    Repetitive, tedious

Control:
    Terrible, the worst scheme I have ever played. They are also unresponsive and usually do whatever they want rather than what you tell it to do.

Graphics:
    Big time framerate issues

Audio:
    Way way way TOO compressed. Terrible quality, thank Microshaft and DVD9. A lot of the voices sound like the overcompressed vocal tracks from the original Killzone.

Story:
    On of the most weak sauce endings in gaming history. Worse than Jericho.
    Overall: 2/10

Devil May Cry 4

Graphics:
    Drool inspiring, butter framerate.

Audio:
    High quality with a nice and varied soundtrack including atmospheric pieces and heavy metal.

Control:
    classic DMC caliber. Does what you want, when you want it too.

Story:
    Cheesy as cheddar, but it has Dante, what more do you want?
    Overall: 8/10

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLEX View Post
    My biggest thing about these topics (which is why we have this new topic for them all) is that its just peoples opinions, maybe if people posted some videos or images, but you really need to do your homework on games. Watch some video reviews, look at a bunch of pictures, read like 3 different reviews from different sites...... etc.

I mean, asking me if Godfather is good on the PS3? Hell no! It isn't. But maybe someone else will post after me saying "hell yeah! its great!".

Heh.
    Tribunal, I think it would be a good idea to add this to the OP. Reflex is absolutely right.

It seems that people hesitate to do a bit of independent research. In the information age that we're in, we've got images, videos, previews, synposes, reviews, interviews, etc. to help us figure these things out.

I'm all for gathering up opinions as well, I'm just saying that this is another alternative.
    "My strategy has to be tragedy, catastrophe, and after this you'll call me your majesty..."

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Quote Originally Posted by Soviet-Messiah View Post
    Assassin's Creed:

Gameplay:
    Repetitive, tedious

Control:
    Terrible, the worst scheme I have ever played. They are also unresponsive and usually do whatever they want rather than what you tell it to do.

Graphics:
    Big time framerate issues

Audio:
    Way way way TOO compressed. Terrible quality, thank Microshaft and DVD9. A lot of the voices sound like the overcompressed vocal tracks from the original Killzone.

Story:
    On of the most weak sauce endings in gaming history. Worse than Jericho.
    Overall: 2/10
    Oh man, I agree. I hate Assassin's Creed sooo much. Luckily I only got it for $25 and sold it for $40

Christmas Thief
    Without a doubt, yes you should. The game is nowhere near as bad as everyone said it was. I held off on it until a week ago or so because I was convinced by everyone that it was a terrible waste of money. I got my copy for $25 and I definitely don't regret it.

It's actually a really fun game, and the controls feel fine to me. I don't even think about the fact that it's motion-based anymore actually. Just play the first 4 missions or so, go back to try to get silvers or golds, and it'll start to feel right. I really think Lair got ambushed by the hype train and the fierce system war BS at the time it came out.

I want a racing game. Which one do you suggest??
    GT5 or NFS Pro Street

Hi Stups,

I personally prefer GT games to NFS but the only problem I have is that GT5P is purely that - a prologue and as such you are basically paying out for a sample of the game.

If you don't mind shelling out for half a game (admittedly, Prologue is cheaper than other games!) then I would definitely recommend getting Gran Turismo.

HTH

Currently playing: RSV2, PES 2008 & Burnout Paradise

Thanks mrpop. NFS has gone worse over the past few titles.

burnout paradise is a good all round racing game just not on tracks

Apprentice
    Howiscow that asassin creed and dmc4 are both excelent you should buy them both but if you not planing buy to 2 game them i recommed you DMC4 it's good and great replayability
    and
    Gambit_101 i think you should skip it and next month buy GT5P and GTA4 both
    becuaese Army of 2 is too many glitches i playid it beat the game on one day. but weapons are soo sick and that costumizes but still not that well game but if like to play 2vs2 games and love weapons you need try it but i recommend you rent it first :d he he

is r6v2 worth buying as ive heard theres alot of problems online (which is the only reason im getting the game)?

Elite Guru

If there are any of you who seek a cheap game (in wait for other games) then you should get Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom IF you have someone to co-op play it with

Story:
    The king of dureth have found a new path to power and has gone mad, he gains power from peoples suffering and its YOU, one of the four members in 'dragons shade', to save the kingdom

Gameplay:
    Its a hack n' slash game so the controls will get repetetive after a while, but the beauty in the game are the spells, every member of the dragons shade (there are 3, the leader uhm....) have their own spells and each one of them have cool visual effects.

Graphics:
    Some assets look nice, like the textures on big boulders etc.

You probably wonder why you should buy this game
    Its soooooo fun when you have a buddy to play with. I'm playing the game right now with a friend of mine, i'm a mage and he's a scout. Its all the visual effects that make it so fun, there are sooooooo many things happening at the same time, awesome co-op play

Its VERY cheap so go give it a try, BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE A FRIEND TO PLAY WITH

resistance fall of man for 14.50 should i buy it or is it just like any old shooter and i do have COD4 so thoughts???
    what is the price of free
    speech???

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylkiller View Post
    resistance fall of man for 14.50 should i buy it or is it just like any old shooter and i do have COD4 so thoughts???
    what is that, like 50 dollars american? (zing!)

definately, for the amazing single player alone it's worth it. the multiplayer is a little sub-CoD4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman228 View Post
    nintendo games make me want to punch babies.

Thread Information