Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: [Poll Changes Every Once in a While]

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lollipop Chainsaw

    5 14.71%
  • Spec Ops: The Line

    4 11.76%
  • The Walking Dead: Episode 2

    4 11.76%
  • The Amazing Spiderman

    2 5.88%
  • Lego Batman 2

    2 5.88%
  • Resident Evil Chronicles

    3 8.82%
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

    14 41.18%
Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 2720
  1. #501
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    ......Ok. I'll give you my opinion. I bought this game about 1 month ago. I still play on it all the time (like 1-2 hours a day, I have things to do , sometimes ). The online seriosly isn't that bad and 36 max player games are alot better than 40 player max play games. Story is good to play through again if you want it harder. Oh and there's customization, which is pretty good. You get ranks from ranked games which tend to be difficult so it's best to go in some short and eas custom matches. Overall I think this is a solid all round fps, nothing fancy but it doesn't really lack anything either.

    (sorry if there are typos I speed typed it.)

  2. #502
    Forum Elder
    Chesser19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada Eh!
    PSN ID
    Chesser19
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    1,274 (125 Banked)
    Hey guys, i'm a big fan of DBZ and the games and I was wondering if I should get Burst Limit. I tried the demo and I liked it but the only bummer is the lack of playable characters. So basically i'm just wondering if I should get it. Also, what's the online play like. Any help is greatly appreciated.

  3. #503
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    If you have a ps3 that has back compatability just do what I did and buy tenkaichi 3 and and budokai 3. Burst limit in my opinion is a step back and the online is infested wth vegeta *****s. Also coming to the PS2 soon is the final DBZ game (for ps2) which is ALOT like DBZ:BL, but with more characters and a new 'adventure mode'.

    So all in all I say if you dont have a PS3 with backwards compatability get it, if you do just get the PS2 ones.

  4. #504
    gta0004
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazychazza7 View Post
    ......Ok. I'll give you my opinion. I bought this game about 1 month ago. I still play on it all the time (like 1-2 hours a day, I have things to do , sometimes ). The online seriosly isn't that bad and 36 max player games are alot better than 40 player max play games. Story is good to play through again if you want it harder. Oh and there's customization, which is pretty good. You get ranks from ranked games which tend to be difficult so it's best to go in some short and eas custom matches. Overall I think this is a solid all round fps, nothing fancy but it doesn't really lack anything either.

    (sorry if there are typos I speed typed it.)
    I have played the game for over a year and to say it isn't that bad is a mistake. 40 max you can get if you have a party of 16 and a EU host. Its much better since you rarely get 40'd, LAARKed and tagged in those. And the one below 40 is 32, not 36. Custom games give you very little exp, so its pointless to play those for exp.

  5. #505
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Yes it's pointless to play them for exp, but seriously it's not about getting t3h moAr P0w3R. It's about having fun. sorry about the 36 thing (I duno what game I was thinking about) but for me if you join a 40 game there's always 1 hit kills so I always go for one down. And it's very good if you buy the other map packs for just 6 (altogether) as it will add even more longetivity.

    EDIT: You just said you've played it for a year. If it's so bad then it must be doing something right...

  6. #506
    gta0004
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazychazza7 View Post
    Yes it's pointless to play them for exp, but seriously it's not about getting t3h moAr P0w3R. It's about having fun. sorry about the 36 thing (I duno what game I was thinking about) but for me if you join a 40 game there's always 1 hit kills so I always go for one down. And it's very good if you buy the other map packs for just 6 (altogether) as it will add even more longetivity.

    EDIT: You just said you've played it for a year. If it's so bad then it must be doing something right...
    Thats cuz you are talking about custom. 90% os custom is 1 hit kill and the 5% is all weapons and 5% is pro rules where you will find the best people and get owned.

    And you barely ever get the map packs in ranked, and the only good one is axbridge.

    You might be one of the guys using all the n ub wedapons cuz then you don't notice it.

  7. #507
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I just use the rifle . But let's just leave the guy to make his mind up.

  8. #508
    Apprentice
    ahernandez2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    137 (0 Banked)
    My advice is buy the games that you think you will enjoy or rent them and judge for yourself. Otherwise check IGN or Gamespot and see what they say. They are usually accurate scores in my opinion except for GTA IV getting 10/10.

  9. #509
    Member
    Renouf11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    im just wondering what game i should get first DBZ burstlimit or SC4???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    First time ever using Photoshop without experience. And i made the sig above.

  10. #510
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    SC4, DBZ:BL is in my opinion a step down and the online is swamped with vegeta *****s. If you can, get budokai 3 or tankaichi 3.

  11. #511
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    1,820 (0 Banked)
    Sorry to post here again so soon guys. Just wondering, do you guys think that 'R&C Future: Tools of Destruction' will have a price drop any time soon? I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't really want to buy it if its going to go down to $30 soon.

    Honest opinions here please, I really don't have that much money at the moment. Do you think it will take 2 years to drop, like 'R:FoM'? Or do you think it will drop sometime soon?

    Thanks in advance to whoever gives some honest advice here.

  12. #512
    gta0004
    Guest
    Isn't ToD a greatest Hits? It should be $30 already. Even if it isn't, its a great game and you have to buy it.

  13. #513
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    1,820 (0 Banked)
    Unfortunately its still $60. Have you seen it for $30 anywhere? I'd highly appreciate it if you know any stores that sell it for that much. I can't order over the internet, so no E-Bay.

    I've played previous Ratchet games, and I loved them. But this time, it costs $60. On top of that, people say the game is too easy, and too short. Thats why I'm wondering whether the price will drop or not. Do you think it will drop anytime soon?

  14. #514
    gta0004
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokokorama View Post
    Unfortunately its still $60. Have you seen it for $30 anywhere? I'd highly appreciate it if you know any stores that sell it for that much. I can't order over the internet, so no E-Bay.

    I've played previous Ratchet games, and I loved them. But this time, it costs $60. On top of that, people say the game is too easy, and too short. Thats why I'm wondering whether the price will drop or not. Do you think it will drop anytime soon?
    Who says its short? Q4B is short but thats cuz it 1/4 the prize. This one is not short, plus it has great replayability.

  15. #515
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    1,820 (0 Banked)
    But do you think it will drop in price anytime soon? Because if it will drop, I'd rather wait a bit.

  16. #516
    gta0004
    Guest
    I dunno about any prices drops TBH.

  17. #517
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,992
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    1,996 (0 Banked)
    I hate places that charge a full-game price on games that have been out for a long time (i'm looking at you GAME and EBGAMES!!). Don't buy it for 60$, i'm sure there are places where you can buy it for 30$, just keep looking. Unfortunately, i can't help you as i live in sweden


  18. #518
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,791
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    26,356 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ok who here is geting Mercenaries 2: World in Flames for the PS3.
    they showed a ingame preview of this game the other night on X-play...
    and the game looked really cool...
    if i get it i might trade in GTA IV towards it

  19. #519
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    1,820 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by turkmen117 View Post
    I hate places that charge a full-game price on games that have been out for a long time (i'm looking at you GAME and EBGAMES!!). Don't buy it for 60$, i'm sure there are places where you can buy it for 30$, just keep looking. Unfortunately, i can't help you as i live in sweden
    Its not just GameStop and EBGames though, its every retailer. If you're lucky, you might find $5 off in some stores, but thats barely anything. I guess that next-gen games take a long time to drop in price.

    Just look at 'Resistance: Fall of Man' and 'Gears of War'. They've both been out for nearly 2 years. Resistance just very recently went down in price. Gears is yet to have a "real" price drop.

    I'm really hoping 'R&C: Future Tools of Destruction' drops soon. It looks fun, but I don't really want to pay $60 for a game with no multi-player.

  20. #520
    Superior Member
    crazychazza7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    ok who here is geting Mercenaries 2: World in Flames for the PS3.
    they showed a ingame preview of this game the other night on X-play...
    and the game looked really cool...
    if i get it i might trade in GTA IV towards it
    I pre-ordered it about 3 months ago without a doubt in my mind. And now with new footage being released I just can't wait anymore. Atleast it will hold me untill LBP and Fifa09.

  21. #521
    gta0004
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokokorama View Post
    I'm really hoping 'R&C: Future Tools of Destruction' drops soon. It looks fun, but I don't really want to pay $60 for a game with no multi-player.
    Multiplayer isn't everything. There are actually games that don't need MP to have a great replay value.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    ok who here is geting Mercenaries 2: World in Flames for the PS3.
    they showed a ingame preview of this game the other night on X-play...
    and the game looked really cool...
    if i get it i might trade in GTA IV towards it
    Ima get it on christmas prolly, PS3 exclusives come first.

  22. #522
    Newbie
    Jasonsolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Alright so my B-day is coming up on the 27th and with that nice 25% off used game coupon Nuvian shared, I'll probably have enough money to get a used game to tide me over until Force Unleashed hits, but what should I get? My top two choices as of now are Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank. I don't want any FPS, Folklore is intriguing but I'm skeptical. So fellow forum members what would you suggest. I have MGS4, SC4, and GTA4.

  23. #523
    Superior Member
    Say Low's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    PSN ID
    Say_Low
    Age
    20
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    1,094 (0 Banked)
    Definently get Uncharted. Its one of the best games on ps3 and the graphics on it are superb. the gameplay is equally as good and its definently worth picking it up. You'll play it through at LEAST twice.

    For your second game i would've recommended cod4 but you said you dont like FPS. Ratchet and clank is liked by a lot of people but i thought it was a little dissapointing and only played it through once.

    As for Folklore, im not too sure about it either, it sounds interesting but i heard that its quite repitive in that you use 2 people and play through the same level. like person 1 does a level and then person 2 does that exact same level.

  24. #524
    Newbie
    gregsawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    120 (0 Banked)
    Get Mercenaries 2, looks like a good game with 2 player online co-op...

  25. #525
    1lyi1
    Guest
    Alright, I've got a minor dilemma.
    Eternal Sonata looks like quite a good game, but I heard it was short. On the other hand we have Tales of the Abyss for PS2. I haven't played that either, and I'm looking for a good RPG (I have a 60 PS3 so I don't need to worry about BC). When Eternal Sonata comes out, I would like to purchase an RPG.
    Should I get TOA or ES, If I have to choose? BTW, there is a chance I might be able to get both, but I only have so much time each day to game and don't want to be stuck playing a game I won't beat (I have a slight backlog of unbeaten games, I'm at
    in Persona 3:FES and I still have to beat Dark Cloud for PS2 and Baten Kaitos for GC. Plus I will be buying the games in my sig, and Disgaea 3 has a lot of postgame content). What do you think I should get?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.