Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

What is with the morons at Gamestop? MGS4 releated

Just about everyone knows that almost all gamestop employees are complete idiots. I live in houston and called probably about 30 gamestops. When I asked about the MGS4 preorder bonus, just about all of them said they would probably hand them out when the actual game is released. WTF? What about the beta? These guys know NOTHING! How the hell is it that people who work for a videogame store don't know ANYTHING about one of the most hyped games besides what information they can pull up on their computer? Only a few stores even knew about the preorder bonus! I even called the gamestop main office and they told me the same damn thing. They said they would be handing them out with the purchase of MGS4. WTH? Isn't it their job to be informed about this kind of stuff? It's pretty sad when customers know more about releases than every single one of their stores and even the main office.

There better be a midnight launch for this game. There wasn't one for MGS3, but there sure was for halo 2! FFXII had a midnight launch party. They decorated the store with balloons and everything. A month later they had a midnight launch for the Wii, BUT NOT THE PS3! I sure a lot of people remember that. Gamestop is a joke company man. Midnight launch for Xbox360 and Wii, but not the PS3. Midnight launch for Halo 2 and GTA3, but not for MGS3. I'm pretty sure they won't even have one for MGS4, but they would for Halo 3.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    there is no way this will happen a beta is for a test.. how can they give out the disc on launch day.
    they have a bunch of stooges working there... but i think curly.. moe and larry know more then these guys lol

Apprentice
    Thats not the only thing that made me angry about the calls I made. There was this one woman I called at around 12:30, which is roughly 30 mins after they receive their shipments. I asked her if the preorder bonuses came in today's shipment. She told me that she hadn't gone through them yet and that I should probably call back at around 6pm. WTF? Does it take 6 hours to open a few boxes and check whats in them?

Dedicated Member
    Yea the one at my gamestop didn't know about this either. He was like I'm pretty sure there is not going to be a beta for this. I dunno whats up with this but, from other threads i believe that gamecrazy knows all about it.

arcticsnuffkin
    most probably they dont work there because they love games or spend their days looking up info on forums, its a job. i work in a clothes store River Island in the UK, i have no idea when hew clothes are coming out or when the end of season is, or how much they pay the orphaned children in the sweatshops. its only a job.

Apprentice
    The Gamestop by me is filled with bias-less grown-ups, so no problems here...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticsnuffkin View Post
    most probably they dont work there because they love games or spend their days looking up info on forums, its a job. i work in a clothes store River Island in the UK, i have no idea when hew clothes are coming out or when the end of season is, or how much they pay the orphaned children in the sweatshops. its only a job.
    Yeah, but you would think people that work at River Island's main office would know wouldn't you? I mean, about a month ago I went to preorder MGS4 and the woman had never heard of the game. She didn't know what console it was on or anything. Thats just a little bit ridiculous.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi_boots View Post
    Thats not the only thing that made me angry about the calls I made. There was this one woman I called at around 12:30, which is roughly 30 mins after they receive their shipments. I asked her if the preorder bonuses came in today's shipment. She told me that she hadn't gone through them yet and that I should probably call back at around 6pm. WTF? Does it take 6 hours to open a few boxes and check whats in them?
    She told you that because her shift ends at 6pm so when you call she will already be gone and not have to bother with it.

leukoplast
    Yeah, but you would think people that work at River Island's main office would know wouldn't you? I mean, about a month ago I went to preorder MGS4 and the woman had never heard of the game. She didn't know what console it was on or anything. Thats just a little bit ridiculous.
    Thats just as bad as the one person who went to a gamestop, and the guy was told MGS4 is going to be one of the best games coming out on the 360,

There are a lot or morons that work at GS I know this because I work with some of them.

At the moment GameStop (as a company) doesn't know any more than what was in the articles. And the individuals don't know anything that haven't read the articles and because corporate hasn't told them anything yet.

As soon as Konami lets Gamestop know I'm sure it will be leaked onto PSU and every other website. So until then you'll have to wait just like everyone else.

MGS is my favorite series and I am looking froward to the beta as well so I guess I understand your frustration.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by KanZolo View Post
    There are a lot or morons that work at GS I know this because I work with some of them.

At the moment GameStop (as a company) doesn't know any more than what was in the articles. And the individuals don't know anything that haven't read the articles and because corporate hasn't told them anything yet.

As soon as Konami lets Gamestop know I'm sure it will be leaked onto PSU and every other website. So until then you'll have to wait just like everyone else.

MGS is my favorite series and I am looking froward to the beta as well so I guess I understand your frustration.
    Yeah. But my frustration with gamestop goes way beyond metal gear. I have a crapload of stories and I'm pretty sure many people here do as well.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I had some idiot at Gamestop tell me that 1080i is a higher resolution then 1080p and that the 65nm chips in both the 360 and PS3 make them less powerful because of the smaller size. I felt like telling him his brain is less powerful because of the smaller size. lol

leukoplast
    Quote Originally Posted by KanZolo View Post

Only problem is that most likely every Gamecrazy has a copy of the DVD right now. And when you call them, they are fully aware of it.

Push my Phantastic button
    Yeah. But my frustration with gamestop goes way beyond metal gear. I have a crapload of stories and I'm pretty sure many people here do as well.
    Boy oh boy do I have enough stories on gamestop. Lets see, according to GameStop, none of the PS3's can output in HD, all of the 360's come with HDMI cables, the online for the PS3 is not unified, not all of the PS3's come with hard drives, Blu-Ray is the next beta max, all of the multi platform games are always better on the 360, the PS3 has no games, PS3 doesn't have a rumble controller anywhere and it never will..... The list goes on and on.

And lets not get into how they try to force certain things on their customers. If a customer wants a PS3, they'll try to get them to buy a 360. Do they not like money or somethig? Or do they just want the PS3 to sit on the shelf for another couple of hours?

Do you want to give us another $20 so you can get %10 off used games and an extra %10 back on trade ins? We'll throw in a free one year subscription for Game Informer, because we can make more money off of the used game business.

Anbu_Evolution
    I usually don't talk smack about Gamestop because I hardly experience any bad blood with the GS I go to.....until last week. I pre-ordered MGS4 while purchasing Vegas 2 and the damn douche bag had the 'nerves' to ask me 'You want the PS3 version right?" lolz...and he was being serious as well....

Forum Elder
    In the podcast where ryan Patyon talks about the bonus he says that the beta will start around mid april and last 2 weeks. He said the bonuses should be shipping now but he doesnt even know when they will arrive at the stores. So guys dont get all mad man.
    As long as we get the thing well be alright right? They should have an announcement about that soon. Maybe next week???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now playing: Oblivion and just beat the main quest after 100 hours.
    Huge Sasuke fan.

Supreme Veteran
    I don't live in the United States so I can't comment on their incompetence, however at the same time people who work in game stores don't always keep up with what's going on and read all the news posted on the internet.

Keep in mind this is a job for them, they might enjoy gaming but are not necessarily hardcore gamers like many in this forum for example.

I go to a local EB and fill him in on news Honest truth.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Dedicated Member
    same here almost all GS and GC is my area are saying they wont hand thm out till launch this is BS!!!!!! BS I TELL YOU!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    lol they're too lazy to look it up so they give you a bogus answer, I had the same situation, I wanted to know if there is a special edition available for pre-order at my local eb games in canada, and the guy said "yea I'm pretty sure there is" didn't even look it up to confirm it, but w.e. he was the first who helped me out. It's when I went to upgrade my gta4 to special edition that there was some ******* there who tried to insult me, I was wearing a custom hat with a big red R on on the front, which stands for my country "Romania" so one of the nicer guys asks me what's it stand for and that geek was like "retard" I didn't wanna make a show because people were there as well. How the hell do they keep these losers working there?

Elite Guru
    I am having alot of trouble with gamestop lately. Today I went to ask how much it was to pre order the MGS4 bundle and they had no idea what I was talking about. So I came back later with an image and the IGN article printed and they said that it was fake. WTH.

Bandw!dth Savior
    being a worker at gamestop.. and actualy loving games and caring about my job..I PERSONALLY HAVE SOME FUNNY ASS STORIES OF STUPID EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS...

That being said the lady saying to call back at 6 was either swamped off her ass with customers or just plain retarded and didnt want to bother with you..

Also me being in love with MGS it kills me that our stores havent gotten any new WHAT SO EVER on MGS.. dude i call every day too and alot of people had/have no idea about the betas.. an Email about it went out recently informing us to wait patiently for more info as they get it...and to inform customers that When we get them we'll call them.. THATS IT!!!

Even i'm like wtf how can you not know!!!
    Digital Recess
    Signed up before PS3 launch, back again for PS4

Sony

leukoplast
    Oh well, thank goodness for Gamecrazies Who seem to be more in touch with gaming than GS altogether.

Also, the guy at my local gamecrazy said they are definitely having a midnight release of MGS4. Thats something you probably will not see at Gamestop.

Apprentice
    Well when I asked them about the Metal Gear online Beta, the employees responded by saying they didn't know when an invitation for it would be. They said some time in April but that they hadn't heard from the higher ups on how it would all work out. I think it's less about stupidity and more about a lack of knowledge concerning the beta. The best thing you can do is preorder to be safe and wait patiently until April.
    Where is my Fraulein?

Thread Information