Elite Member

Final Fantasy II

I have been looking to get myself a copy of Final Fantasy II for a long time now. I really enjoyed playing it when I was a kid and would love a chance to play it again. I have gone as far as attempting to pick up a Super Nintendo and a copy of the game but I don`t want to spend that much.

I did notice that there are a few remakes including one for the PSP. Has anyone tried this version of the game, is it basically the orginal with a few tweaks. I am basically just looking for some hands on knowledge of the PSP version of the title. I got to get my hands on a copy of the game in some shape or form.

Superior Member

Yeah its basically the same game with just a graphics update and new dungeouns,the core game remains though.

brain _ape

Superior Member
    I bought the first one cause I heard the second one was the hardest ff. It was great, the graphics are much better but pretty much everything else is the same.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Final Fantasy I & II are currently unavailable on PSP as far as I can tell, looks like SE is planning a slight enhancement to the games before relaunching them with a new covers in August. I've seen images of cases with white covers compared the black of the original release. I got a second hand copy of FF1 for a Christmas present last year but haven't really been able to find a new copy of FF2 since.

Superior Member
    I just to clear something up, if you are talking about FFII for SNES then you get that for the PSP.

FFII on SNES is in realety FFIV,
    the original FFII was on NES exclusivly in Japan.

The PSP game is a remake of the original FFII(NES).

The Mega Man
    Quote Originally Posted by xBSGeorge View Post
    I have been looking to get myself a copy of Final Fantasy II for a long time now. I really enjoyed playing it when I was a kid and would love a chance to play it again. I have gone as far as attempting to pick up a Super Nintendo and a copy of the game but I don`t want to spend that much.

I did notice that there are a few remakes including one for the PSP. Has anyone tried this version of the game, is it basically the orginal with a few tweaks. I am basically just looking for some hands on knowledge of the PSP version of the title. I got to get my hands on a copy of the game in some shape or form.
    The FF2 on SNES is not the FF2 released on PSP.

The SNES FFII was actually FF4, it's freaking confusing dude, I don't know why they changed the titles before releasing them in NA.

I bought FF6 on the GBA a few weeks back which was the awesome FF3 on the ol SNES! I grewup playing both FF2 and 3 on my SNES!

So the FF1 and FF2 on PSP are the actual 1st and 2nd ones in the Final Fantasy series.

This helped me alot a few weeks ago when trying to figure out which FF was which:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy

Dedicated Member
    If you want FFIV you can play it on your computer using a snes emulator which is free as far as I can tell.

The rule of thumb for Japan/American FF games

Japan/ America
    FF1/ FF1
    FF2
    FF3
    FF4 / FF2
    FF5
    FF6/ FF3

Superior Member
    I got FF2 not long ago off amazon for PS1, I beleive you should be able to play it via remote play if you have a ps3

Forum Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Final Fantasy I & II are currently unavailable on PSP as far as I can tell, looks like SE is planning a slight enhancement to the games before relaunching them with a new covers in August. I've seen images of cases with white covers compared the black of the original release. I got a second hand copy of FF1 for a Christmas present last year but haven't really been able to find a new copy of FF2 since.
    Hmmmm thats wierd I have both FF1 and FF2 on my PSP right now! Maybe I missed something.....

OP - I played the PSP version of 1 and am a couple hours into 2....its pretty much an exact copy of Dawn of Souls for the DS. I think there may be an extra dungeon in 1&2 that were not in the original but other then that they are the SAME.

Hope this helps....

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I never said the games weren't once available, I think I mentioned black covers. In fact I mentioned I have FF1 with a black cover.

I said they are currently unavailable new at stores right now. I had to get FF1 as a used disc. Gamestop canceled my order for FF2 without an explanation.

There's some kind of relaunch planned, new white covers and possible extra features in August.

Elite Member
    Yes I am looking to get the SNES FFII version not the original Japan FFII.

However now that I know that, I may have to look into the original Japan remakes for North America since i have never played them. The SNES FFII was my favorite for some strange reason. I guess I may just have to find an old SNES and a copy of FFII to satisfy my hunger.

Superior Member
    If you are looking for FFIV (FFII NA SNES) it is avaleble for GBA, a complete reamake of it was realesed for the DS in Japan this December similar to the FFIII remake.

That includes completely redone 3D graphics and voice acting among other things.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4902.html

Here are some trailers of the japanese version.

Edit: According to Nintendo Powered it will come to NA in July.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...ticle&sid=1125

Master Genshin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuza View Post
    If you want FFIV you can play it on your computer using a snes emulator which is free as far as I can tell.
    This is exactly right, and the quickest way for you to play SNES FF2 again. Unless you have a psp with CFW, then you can get the SNES emulator and play it on your psp. I have started playing this exact same game, and it does bring back good memories.

Thread Information