Just completed Portal

What an ending!
    and the credits made me laugh

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Good, now try some of the advanced challenges. They will make you frustrated.

And also, the developer commentary can be interesting sometimes.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Master Poster
    Yeah i liked portal too especially the part when your on that platform about to be cremated. It was satisfying at the end to kill that damn computer that womans voice pissed me off.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

Yeah, great game. Funny as well.

Also,

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

The voice of the computer pissed me off throughout the entire game

Elite Member
    Great game, tried to play it on my computer before the PS3 version came out, but I could only play it up until the last few levels because the lag got unbelievable, so the ending was very satisfying for me. Also, any news on a new update to the game, maybe Portal 2, anything?

PS3 Slim 120GB upgraded to 320GB
    Now Playing: Portal 2, Crysis 2, Infamous 2 Beta

Forum Elder
    Yeah I love portal. I have not completed the game yet, because I am stuck at a part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now playing: Oblivion and just beat the main quest after 100 hours.
    Huge Sasuke fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth7924 View Post
    Yeah I love portal. I have not completed the game yet, because I am stuck at a part.
    Need any help?

I bought and completed the game today

Superior Member
    Agreed, the game is quite hilarious. Too bad you can't download custom maps. That would be smart of them to release some on psn, or maybe not enough people would care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by streetracer67856 View Post
    Great game, tried to play it on my computer before the PS3 version came out, but I could only play it up until the last few levels because the lag got unbelievable, so the ending was very satisfying for me. Also, any news on a new update to the game, maybe Portal 2, anything?
    Yeah another installment of Portal has been confirmed whether it be a map pack or full sequel i don't know. I cant find the link but i assure you it is happening D

Superior Member
    That song at the end of the game is great! It's coming to Rockband on the 17th of this month for free btw! Can't wait to DL it.

I was disappointed. I thought the last two or three tests were great particularly when you escape. But after escaping, I felt like I'd just wasted a lot of time in a tutorial for the real game which was extremely short. I actually had trouble playing it for more than about 15mins at a time because it was so dull. The dialog, humor, and concept were all great. With so much going for it, I was disappointed it wasn't more fun.

That said, I'm glad I got to experience it, and would certainly consider getting a sequel. Hopefully with the response it has gotten, they'll spend more time/money on level design.

Elite Guru
    I wish Portal itself was a PSN download. I'm nto a big fan of FPS but I'd buy that game by itself. As part of the Orange box it's a great deal for so many games but if you arnt interested in playing the other games it's kinda a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scrivenator View Post
    The voice of the computer pissed me off throughout the entire game
    How could that beautiful angelic voice piss you off? I fell in love with "it" the moment "it" spoke.
    BAM!

[spoiler=PS3 games]Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, Condemned 2, The Darkness, The Orange Box, Resistance, Warhawk, Burnout: Paradise, Battlefield: BC, Merc 2, COD4, GTA 4, MGS4, SC4, Fallout 3, Bioshock, LBP, Killzone 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla[/spoiler]

Elite Guru
    The voice is fun but she can REALLY be harsh on you with insults. the turrets are like cute mini versions of her... that will shoot you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    The voice is fun but she can REALLY be harsh on you with insults. the turrets are like cute mini versions of her... that will shoot you to death.
    It isn't the turret's fault that they shoot you to death.......they just get startled and they get a little trigger happy.
    BAM!

[spoiler=PS3 games]Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, Condemned 2, The Darkness, The Orange Box, Resistance, Warhawk, Burnout: Paradise, Battlefield: BC, Merc 2, COD4, GTA 4, MGS4, SC4, Fallout 3, Bioshock, LBP, Killzone 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla[/spoiler]

bigbossakajack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucker View Post
    I was disappointed. I thought the last two or three tests were great particularly when you escape. But after escaping, I felt like I'd just wasted a lot of time in a tutorial for the real game which was extremely short. I actually had trouble playing it for more than about 15mins at a time because it was so dull. The dialog, humor, and concept were all great. With so much going for it, I was disappointed it wasn't more fun.

That said, I'm glad I got to experience it, and would certainly consider getting a sequel. Hopefully with the response it has gotten, they'll spend more time/money on level design.
    the real challenge starts when you've completed the story. the advanced mode can be insane and try to get the first place in least, time, steps, portals. I dare you to get the first place on any of the levels

Thread Information