Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 142434 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Maybe. I'll check it out.

On another notei finally caved and watched the las little bit of bleach. Skipped from the end of the aizen arc to the new stuff (skipped filler). Holy $#@! they finally got the anime right. Only took 17 seasons but they got it right. It had purpose, it didn't have 30 episodes of faffing about. had interesting plot and the bad guy really hit ichigo where it hurts. Plus it's set a year and a half after the aizen arc and they rebooted how the characters look. Too bad the series is "ending". I like the look of the new characters and it really seems like this last season breathed new air into it. Considering the manga is continuing I imagine we will see a "bleach 2" or something like that once this arc is finished up because this is the final manga arc. Just hope the keep the same sense of purpose.
    Bleach had a lot of potential but it's just a silly series. The save Rukia arc was great and even had an excellent twist but they killed it off the moment everyone became best of friends!. All the intruders did was: Almost killed 3 Captains, One Lieutenant and 3 Seated officers; Caused enormous damage during their campaign and eventually got away with it all. I know that the one behind Rukia's kidnapping played a major role here but I couldn't believe that everyone became cool after the whole thing.

The whole Bleach universe is all about sparing the good guys for the sake of fan service and killing off/ stopping all the bad guys. Honestly the only good thing that came from the anime was their first movie, that one was a breath of fresh air and Ichigo actually had a noble purpose. It was simply great!. Now these days it's all about "We strong as hell Captains can't do $#@! to save our own asses, Please Ichigo save us!".

Note: This is just a rant not directed towards you, btbam. I might check out the new ark just out of curiosity.

2. Likes btbam likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Watch Reborn! Even though it has 500 episodes..lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Bleach had a lot of potential but it's just a silly series. The save Rukia arc was great and even had an excellent twist but they killed it off the moment everyone became best of friends!. All the intruders did was: Almost killed 3 Captains, One Lieutenant and 3 Seated officers; Caused enormous damage during their campaign and eventually got away with it all. I know that the one behind Rukia's kidnapping played a major role here but I couldn't believe that everyone became cool after the whole thing.

The whole Bleach universe is all about sparing the good guys for the sake of fan service and killing off/ stopping all the bad guys. Honestly the only good thing that came from the anime was their first movie, that one was a breath of fresh air and Ichigo actually had a noble purpose. It was simply great!. Now these days it's all about "We strong as hell Captains can't do $#@! to save our own asses, Please Ichigo save us!".

Note: This is just a rant not directed towards you, btbam. I might check out the new ark just out of curiosity.
    I agree the show is 100 percent neckbeard fan service but it doesn't bother me. The biggest problem I had was that they could literally turn something that should be 1 or two episode into ten. Whole season would go by and we'd still be around the same progression. It was always about flash and show. Lets have this really cool captain/powerful dude versus this really cool bad guy. Thats all the show ever was. But they drew it out so freaking long! It's why I gave up on the anime. I only stuck with it because I wanted to see Aizen get $#@!ed up.

Like you said the save rukia arc was really the key. After that, Aizen is revealed as the main baddy and I just wanted to see him burn. Then the attack on the town started...then the saving orihime...then more saving her...then saving her part 3....then they finally got to the showdown, but it wasn't really the show down, it was minions vs. minions before the main showdown ever started. I hated how it just kept going (see fanservice) but hung in to see Aizen get his ass whooped. I though i'd quit after Aizen and did, but was curious on the non filler arc so I finally caved and watched the last bit and was really impressed because it really had purpose no real wasted time.

If the whole series had this pacing we'd have like 200 episodes total and not the 366 it ended up being. Plus the new enemy isn't as much of "oh $#@! power level 9000" as he Is a schemer. Plays everbody for chumps using strategy rather than muscle. When the fighting does start he can hold his own but you can tell he is not as strong. It reminded me of that save rukia arc when aizen is revealed for what he is...at that time he was a schemer, working behind the scenes setting his traps and deceptions. But then it was about the oppressively powerful aizen versus everybody else. I personally liked the schemer Aizen over the power level 9000 version. Why i really liked this new enemy because its generally the same. He is the schemer who manipulates divides and conquers.
    Last edited by btbam; 08-02-2012 at 19:19.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

5. Likes Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    I agree the show is 100 percent neckbeard fan service but it doesn't bother me. The biggest problem I had was that they could literally turn something that should be 1 or two episode into ten. Whole season would go by and we'd still be around the same progression. It was always about flash and show. Lets have this really cool captain/powerful dude versus this really cool bad guy. Thats all the show ever was. But they drew it out so freaking long! It's why I gave up on the anime. I only stuck with it because I wanted to see Aizen get $#@!ed up.

Like you said the save rukia arc was really the key. After that, Aizen is revealed as the main baddy and I just wanted to see him burn. Then the attack on the town started...then the saving orihime...then more saving her...then saving her part 3....then they finally got to the showdown, but it wasn't really the show down, it was minions vs. minions before the main showdown ever started. I hated how it just kept going (see fanservice) but hung in to see Aizen get his ass whooped. I though i'd quit after Aizen and did, but was curious on the non filler arc so I finally caved and watched the last bit and was really impressed because it really had purpose no real wasted time.

If the whole series had this pacing we'd have like 200 episodes total and not the 366 it ended up being. Plus the new enemy isn't as much of "oh $#@! power level 9000" as he Is a schemer. Plays everbody for chumps using strategy rather than muscle. When the fighting does start he can hold his own but you can tell he is not as strong. It reminded me of that save rukia arc when aizen is revealed for what he is...at that time he was a schemer, working behind the scenes setting his traps and deceptions. But then it was about the oppressively powerful aizen versus everybody else. I personally liked the schemer Aizen over the power level 9000 version. Why i really liked this new enemy because its generally the same. He is the schemer who manipulates divides and conquers.
    Just a warning, right after that season, you'll be disappointed again by an Aizen Clone. This time he is over 9001.

I do like a little exaggeration here and there. The fact that Aizen was kicking everyone's asses was kind of cool but it got a bit tedious when Aizen got strong, then Ichigo got stronger, but Aizen got even stronger but wait!, Ichigo had a trick up his sleeve which allowed him to get even stronger!. After the battle, Ichigo magically had his hair cut back to normal(Wtf?!). The episodes you're currently watching are actually not so bad but the end of that season will revert back to their usual fanservice stunt.

Dave
    I'm going to post this here just in case any of you guys are interested in this type of thing. I'm currently selling off my anime/gaming PVC collection...so, if any of you are also collector's looking to buy, let me know.

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/3947

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I'm about half way through mirai nikki right now. Like it alot. Some of you might want to check it out.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm about half way through mirai nikki right now. Like it alot. Some of you might want to check it out.
    The show was good, but I HATED the protagonist. HATED with a passion

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Been watching Soul Eater recently. Its a little rough for the first few episodes, but the characters are likable and interesting. Plus the art style is very unique. I like it. Plus it has some great comedy moments.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Soul eater was fun

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Soul eater was fun
    It is! I'm roughly 3/4 way through. Just waiting for stein to go completly bonkers.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Does any one know of any interesting anime?
    I know thats a vague question but I just want something to watch

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Does any one know of any interesting anime?
    I know thats a vague question but I just want something to watch
    I've gotten most of my suggestions from you lol. Good luck.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Woohoo season 2 of dbz is out now! And it arrived.
    Season 3 is October so not long to wait this time

Thank you itachi

Dedicated Member
    Watching Uchuu kyoudai, Sword art online and Noein currently.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Just watched this promo. The animation quality and production values are sky high. Colour me interested

Master Guru
    Just watched this promo. The animation quality and production values are sky high. Colour me interested

It does look high quality. October 5 huh, I might take a look at it.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Is Code Gay Butt any good? I watched a trailer of Code Geass and other than the fact everyone is tall and has long arms, it looks decent.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Is Code Gay Butt any good? I watched a trailer of Code Geass and other than the fact everyone is tall and has long arms, it looks decent.
    Watch your mouth!!

I will not stand by as you insult my second favourite series of all time

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Did she just call Code Geass..gay? o.o

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    *insert "oh no she didn't" gif*

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Lol..Seriously though like they say "Dont judge a book by its cover" This is really good. Check it out.

Dedicated Member
    Wonder what everyones top three animes are :/

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    1. DBZ
    2. Naruto
    3. Bleach

Thank you itachi

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Kanon '06,Angel Beats!, and Black Cat are my 3.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Clannad (both seasons ofcourse)
    Code Geass
    DeathNote

Honourable mentions
    Steins; gate
    Elfen Lied

Thread Information