Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

GTA IV Release date April 25th...

This is weird, atm I'm not taking it to heart because of the official April 29th date, but this could add up maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by spong.com
    A North American stock-trading website called Tradingmarkets is carrying the news that Grand Theft Auto IV is "...scheduled to reach retailers in April". When combined with an independent third-party source who has contacted SPOnG, we would actually place the release date as Friday April 25th.

This would also agree with UK industry journal, MCV's report from December last year stating the date of April 25th - which is also the also last day in Take Two's fiscal fourth quarter.

MCV's report was classified by a Rockstar spokesman as, "rumour and speculation" at the time.

Here's what the Tradingmarkets says in full: "Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO) and the video game industry seem to have survived the holiday season relatively unscathed. The highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto IV is scheduled to reach retailers in April and will certainly give a boost to 2008. However, the company is no longer dependent solely on the success of its key franchises such as Grand Theft. In 2007, 27% of revenues came from the top ten games versus 50% in 2005."

We are also informed, "Additionally, on Jan 8, Take-Two acquired Illusion Softworks, a Czech Republic game developer of franchises such as Mafia, Hidden Dangerous and Vietcong, for undisclosed terms. The covering analysts are mixed on the 2008 outlook with four analysts bullish on the company in the last month, raising 2008 estimates by an average of 11 cents from 91 cents to $1.02 and one lowering estimates. Read the Nov 16, 2007 analysis".

We can, of course, be sure that the second piece of information is true - as we ran the story on January 8th. There is also no reason for a stock advisory site to play the release-date game.

A quick glance at Amazon in the USA shows April 30th as the release date - however, a Wednesday is an unusual day for release of such a huge title.

As we go to press, GAME in the UK's firm date of 25th April is stated in fact as 25th April on PlayStation 3. Strangely, the Xbox 360 release date is stated as April 1st on the same site.

We have contacted Rockstar for comment and will report back forthwith

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    or there trying to release it before EGAY takes over!...probably just a mishap

by the way i have nothing against gay ppl...dont **** with me n i will not mess with you...

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by CH!3F View Post
    or there trying to release it before EGAY takes over!...probably just a mishap

by the way i have nothing against gay ppl...dont **** with me n i will not mess with you...
    Hey what you got against gays?!
    Nah just messing haha... you could be right though, cause if EA take over and they want to delay it, then TT would have more of an insentive to release earlier in order to get out of the red with money problems...

Forum Elder
    I brought this up before. Games in the UK ALWAYS come out on a friday (though you can pick them up last thing on a thursday or in the post sometimes by pure fluke).

I was convinced that GTA would come out on the friday after or before the 29th, and maybe I was right to ask.

The thing is, I've booked two days off on the 29th and 30th!!!! (I work weekends) I love the idea of having the game even earlier, but if I'm working while I have the game for 4 days, my innards might pop!

Dedicated Member
    Maybe that is when some stores receive there shipments but are still unable to sell them until the 29th.

PHAT boy gone slim
    As this is a major worldwide release the normal release days don't apply.

Going by the article above, it states that the X360 version will be released on the 1st April, as today is the 7th and It hasn't been released I wouldn't believe this article much. I'm sticking with the 29th for the release.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

Forum Elder
    Would be cool if true *wishes*

Forum Elder
    If it's out on this earlier date, I'd love to know ASAP so i can book different days off work. I havent been this hardcore about a game since....erm.....GTA San Andreas (oh, and MGS3, actually)

Super Elite

This just surfaced too.. same site

Quote Originally Posted by spong.com
    Regarding the GTA release date on the 360 i work for GAME and the relase dates we have in our release folder is the 25th of April for both the PS3 and 360
    This is weird lol

Back_From_DEAd
    WOW this is weird. Like Kung fu russ said gamesare usally released on a friday in th UK so it could be the 25th Fingers crossed

Dedicated Member
    Why do you think R* have set the date as 29th?

doesn't make too much sense

Console Gamers of the World Unite and Take Over!
    Add me: http://www.playfire.com/godlovesugly05

Apprentice
    Weird. I hope it does release on the 25th because the earlier the better.

Back_From_DEAd
    Tuesday is a really weird date to release a game. Atleast if it gets released on a Friday we have all Friday night and weekend to ply this thing

Elite Sage
    But a lot of titles have launched on Tuesday. I think GTA4 is out on the 29th.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kung_Fu_Russ View Post
    If it's out on this earlier date, I'd love to know ASAP so i can book different days off work. I havent been this hardcore about a game since....erm.....GTA San Andreas (oh, and MGS3, actually)
    SanAndreas ruled,i skipped school and bought a copy 10/26/04 i still remember that day.

brain _ape

Super Elite

Well atm, I'm not 100% backing it, but it could be the fact that the UK stores will be getting the stock or should be getting it in on the 25th, ready for sale...

This seems the most likely story but I'll soon find out as I work for Currys in the UK so i'll see when we get the games in

Superior Member
    believe it or not dudes, i actually hope this proves false. if it gets released earlier, that means less time with MGO beta......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor ungodly soul...Now, no man shall ever trespass upon this place again. Should you be alive...If it's even possible to continue to exist in these sealed lands...one day, perhaps you will make atonement for what you've done.-Lord Emon

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by amazing spidey View Post
    believe it or not dudes, i actually hope this proves false. if it gets released earlier, that means less time with MGO beta......
    Who cares about MGO beta! lol
    I'm in the beta but thats soon gonna be put to rest when GTA IV comes out, it is like one of the most anticipated games of '08

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by amazing spidey View Post
    Im with ya on that. Im sure it is false for NA though. I think most of our games have released on Tuesdays. I have no clue about Europe though. UT3, GT5P, and Dark Sector all have released on Tuesdays. Those are the ones can name off the top of my head.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

Forum Elder
    hope it does come early!!!!!i wish.

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

i really hope it is early, or else i might spend my money on junk.

i was just wondering how everyone is getting the game, personally im going to pick mine up. everyone else?

cheers.

Apprentice
    Well, my Amazon page says it will be dispatched on the 25th! And delivered at 26th! Might be true!

Super Elite

Pre-ordered mine buddy... might have some trouble finding a copy in stores at this rate.. about 90% of well known UK retailers are sold out pre-order wise =\

Elite Sage
    I'll be walking in on launch day to pick it up. If the game does release on the 25th in Europe that is. I'll wait for the reviews for this game first. Now before anybody says anything on the reviews statement, I'll elaborate. I'll wait to find out what everybody thinks the general flaws are with the game, and if I believe they will affect my experience, I'll consider it. My store is located in a prety popular shopping center, but they always have enough copies of a game. One of my friends works there too, so can tel him to put one on he side for me if necessary.

Super Elite

Yeah I know what you mean Xelios, but I don't think this game will dissapoint... I remember from an article the other day about the reviewer who finished the whole game in 24 hrs or something, he said the game is much more than the hype suggests... this is gonna be a big time winner

Thread Information