Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Superior Member
    Rav3nas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    57

    Average of Low 80 Scores for GT5:P on Metacritic, as well as other PS3 exclusives!

    Anyone notice that GT5:P is getting low 80s scores on Metacritic? Seems a lot of reviews think the game is flawed.

    Furthermore, is anyone noticing the failing point of exclusive PS3 games right now? They don't have the ability to get over 90 on Metacritic.

    I don't get this! A game like Uncharted doesn't get over 90!? Heavenly Sword is in the low 80s??!?! Resistance not viewed as an epic game?!?! Bleh...

  2. #2
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    58
    Who cares? Every game has its flaws. Numbers mean nothing. Although I can't help but think of GT5 Prologue as a total cop out. It is easily the best looking console game out there but at what cost? It's probably easy to be the best looking game when they've been working on it for the better part of a decade. F*ck the Prologue, just finish the final build already.

  3. #3
    The Gran Turismo Prologue games never score that high...for a simple reason--they have to leave room to give the full version a near perfect score.

  4. #4
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0
    dude dont read sites like that... they dont mean crap. look they rated gears of war above 90. was that not the shortest game you have ever played? single player and multiplayer filled with careless mistakes and glitches? halo 3 is rated above 90. they complain that gt5p is not inventive enough, look at halo 3!! how can they say gran turismo is not inventive when nothing has changed since halo 1 but haveing 2 guns and a bit better graphics. again forza is on the top of the list... who can compare forza with gran turismo for me and end up with more positives on the forza side? ill be honest i have not played forza but have read alot and see alot and can say that gran turismo 5 prologue looks a ton better, couldnt tell you about the game play. its my, all americans are brain washed by microsoft theory!

    Gavin
    60" Sony SXRD A2000
    Denon 600W - 7.1
    Panamax 11-Outlet Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RF-82 Home Theater System
    PS3.... GOT ONE! 60 gig.. new HDD soon..

  5. #5
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordude1 View Post
    dude dont read sites like that... they dont mean crap. look they rated gears of war above 90. was that not the shortest game you have ever played? single player and multiplayer filled with careless mistakes and glitches? halo 3 is rated above 90. they complain that gt5p is not inventive enough, look at halo 3!! how can they say gran turismo is not inventive when nothing has changed since halo 1 but haveing 2 guns and a bit better graphics. again forza is on the top of the list... who can compare forza with gran turismo for me and end up with more positives on the forza side? ill be honest i have not played forza but have read alot and see alot and can say that gran turismo 5 prologue looks a ton better, couldnt tell you about the game play. its my, all americans are brain washed by microsoft theory!

    Gavin
    Wow I never thought anybody could be so wrong in one post.

    Halo 3 doesn't do anything new? Say hi to Forge, something you've never seen in a console game before. And you're bagging on Gears for being short? It took me about the same time to beat Uncharted and COD4 and I think we can all agree that length isn't always required for a quality game. As far as Forza goes, you said it yourself, you've never played it.

  6. #6
    Superior Member
    Rav3nas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    57
    I'm sorry but forza is a weak kids racing game compared to previous gt racing games. I'm not going to say anything about gt5p yet because I haven't yet played it.

  7. #7
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0
    thats kind of the feeling i got too, its like playing burnout but on a track! real but not a real sim game. could be wrong but thats what i was feeling.
    60" Sony SXRD A2000
    Denon 600W - 7.1
    Panamax 11-Outlet Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RF-82 Home Theater System
    PS3.... GOT ONE! 60 gig.. new HDD soon..

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member
    Targetboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    61
    To the OP, don't worry about it. It's just the usual stuff happening. We know how good Uncharted, R&C, etc. are. That's all that matters.
    Regarding GT5:P; it does have it's flaws. That's why GT5 might not be released till early 2009. PD have already voiced out their current dissatisfaction with their product. Needless to say, the full game will be much better.

  9. #9
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    112
    Items User name style
    That super high 89.whatever that Uncharted has is such a tease lol.

    Hopefully MGS4 will be the first PS3 exclusive to break 9.0. And knowing how excellent a game it will be, the reviews will inevitably come up short just to piss us off.

  10. #10
    It's just the demo which is not feature packed at the moment...just a teaser of what's to come. With only 6 tracks, It's lucky to have gotten the score it did...especially at the $40 price point!
    Where is my Fraulein?

  11. #11
    Push my Phantastic button
    Phantasmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PSN ID
    PHANTASMN707
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,034
    Rep Power
    76
    Another PS3 game scores lower than it should have . What else is new? Is the sky still blue? Oh, really, it is? Ok, cool, just making sure.

    And, part of the reason why GT5:P is getting lower scores than what you might think is because a lot of people, especially people in the States, think of it only as a demo to the final game. A demo should never score higher than the actual game, but you never know, stranger things have happened .

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Wow I never thought anybody could be so wrong in one post.

    Halo 3 doesn't do anything new? Say hi to Forge, something you've never seen in a console game before. And you're bagging on Gears for being short? It took me about the same time to beat Uncharted and COD4 and I think we can all agree that length isn't always required for a quality game. As far as Forza goes, you said it yourself, you've never played it.
    Ok, fatal error in your post there buddy. So, you think that something like Forge has never been done in a console game before? Let's go back to the days of the PSOne, when we had Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, more specifically THPS2. You could edit the existing maps, just like in Halo 3, Save replays, just like Halo 3, and use those maps for multiplayer. Forge never been done before? Guess again. So, what about the pictures thing, or sharing replays with friends? Well, you can share replays through Madden if I remember correctly, when they had that EA locker system back on the PS2, and who knows how many games let you take pictures in them, but it's quite a lot.
    I will give Halo 3/Forge this though, there hasn't really been as big a community behind a map editor for consoles before. Also, notice how I said map editor and not map maker, because that's all that Forge is. You just edit existing maps, no more, no less. But it's fun as hell to mess with the maps !

    And on Gears, well, I'm not sure about you, but it took me 10 hours to get through gears, and much less for co-op. And for COD4, well, it took me less than 5 hours to get through the game. COD4 was much shorter than Gears of War, no arguement there. However, Uncharted took me a little longer than GeOW did, Uncharted was closer to 20 hours because I found most of those items on my first playthrough. On Gears, at least for the co-op, I also found most of the COG tags.

    But to top it off, you say that length doesn't equal a quality game, but you're talking about it like it is . Color me confused. I agree with that statement though about length =/= quality game, so don't take that the wrong way.

  12. #12
    Elite Member
    Clover09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,769
    Rep Power
    67
    Not trying to sound mean or anything, but it shows that someone is a complete tool when they depend are getting a game or not on reviews.

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    BlueSteel18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    60
    Who cares what Metacritic says? Low 80's is pretty good if you ask me for an average. I plan on picking this game up based on one thing: My desire to play it. i don't care if people give it crappy scores or outstanding scores. i will make my own mind up once i get it and play it. That's all i have to say. See you online!

  14. #14
    Apprentice
    El Penetrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    65
    So far none of the exclusives deserve a 90+ score. Uncharted looks pretty and is a very good title, but the gameplay has it flaws (puzzles way to easy, platforming too forgiving) and the combat is so repetitive. IMO, MGS4 will be the first exclusive to get over 90.
    PSN ID: El_Destructor

  15. #15
    AS for me, i dont really care about those reviews... i would rather listen to my own opinions instead of others... ya know what i mean...
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

  16. #16
    Apprentice
    lazyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    57
    Reviews are a good way of gathering information about a potential purchase, but not a deal breaker. If a game interests me and the reviews arent great I may delay buying it, but eventually I will give it a whirl.

    I wish there was more money in my bank and less work to do, so many games....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Seller
    The most astonishing feature of the Sony Dualshock 3 for Sony PS3 is the rumble feature, which will make the user live inside the game and shake many times during the virtual game.

  17. #17
    Master Poster
    Harrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,092
    Rep Power
    72
    I was shocked when Game Informer gave Uncharted an 8.75. Keep in mind they hand out 9s and 9.5s like they are going out of style. In the review they basically praised the game constantly, but for some reason they couldn't quite give it a 9. It is kind of unbelievable, like some outside influence had something to do with it.

    Although I have seen GI fall quite a bit recently with all the new staff and advertisers. When they were a smaller less commercial mag they were much better. Crisis Core is a good example of them just not getting it.

  18. #18
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    89
    A review is just a number. It changes nothing.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    bobtheduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,906
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Halo 3 doesn't do anything new? Say hi to Forge, something you've never seen in a console game before.

    Hahahahahahahaha, right... Level editors have been around in console games since NES days... Ever heard of Excite Bike or Wrecking Crew or Mach Rider? And it's funny that Forge was announced way after LBP, and Gary's Mod had been around for a while... It's a less interesting Gary's mod without any of the class of LBP.

    Besides that, as Epic said, Forge is arranging lawn furniture. Unreal Editor is building the whole house and doing all the landscaping and even making the terrain the house sits on... Well, ok, so I expanded on their words a bit, but you get the point. Mods on UT3 beat anything in forge.

    On topic, of course, the reviews have been unfair in the past, but I'm thinking that may change with MGS4...

  20. #20
    Sublimely Static
    Staticneuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vekta
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,995
    Rep Power
    111
    It always seems that in these type of sites the same source are never taken into account for multiple titles. Not only that but some people really have it out for titles. games(TM) rated both resistance and ratchet a score of 60....... I understand if the games are not your cup of tea but I see no real reason these games should have such low scores and oddly enough you will find scores like these on every PS3 exclusive. The onion apparently gave uncharted a 63.

    I have taken a look at these sites and just started to wonder if this was done on purpose because I cannot see any rhyme nor reason to their way of collecting scores and who they eem worthy enough to be applied to the metric. Also why some sources get their review counted for one title yet not others (doesn't matter if high or low).

  21. #21
    borninshadow
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Wow I never thought anybody could be so wrong in one post.

    Halo 3 doesn't do anything new? Say hi to Forge, something you've never seen in a console game before.
    Wasn't Forge a level designer? Kind've like Timesplitters had back on PS2?

    Edit: Ah crap, beaten to the punch by two people D=

    And I forgot about Excite Bike! SHAME ON ME!

    -Aaron, not quite so up-to-date on all these "hay-lowz"

  22. #22
    like.no.other
    Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    9,594
    Rep Power
    98
    Hmmmmm, strange how suddenly, scores in the "low 80s" are considered poor When I was doing my degree, anything over 70% got you a 1st class. 80% is a very good score, what's the problem?! It's also a fair score, because the "game" is seriously flawed in terms of balance and difficulty. Earning money is a repetitive bind, some of the races can be won easily, while others take a monumental effort to even get second place.

    At 25, it's probably not worth 80%, but get it for 18 on-line, and I'd say it's about right. In terms of the overall game engine, it's awesome, but they really need to even out the gameplay for the final release, which to be honest, was the whole point of releasing Prologue anyway - to get mass feedback. I've already written to the team, have you?
    Phat boy gone slim!

  23. #23
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Hmmmmm, strange how suddenly, scores in the "low 80s" are considered poor When I was doing my degree, anything over 70% got you a 1st class. 80% is a very good score, what's the problem?! It's also a fair score, because the "game" is seriously flawed in terms of balance and difficulty. Earning money is a repetitive bind, some of the races can be won easily, while others take a monumental effort to even get second place.

    At 25, it's probably not worth 80%, but get it for 18 on-line, and I'd say it's about right. In terms of the overall game engine, it's awesome, but they really need to even out the gameplay for the final release, which to be honest, was the whole point of releasing Prologue anyway - to get mass feedback. I've already written to the team, have you?
    What's their contact details, I've looked on their website but can't find any?

  24. #24
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    115
    Yet I find these better then most games out there. And GT5P won't get high reviews because unless your a huge fan of it, you will only see it as a demo.

  25. #25
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,954
    Rep Power
    140
    Simple thing to do is just not compare 360 scores with PS3 scores they are on a different wave length.

    Reviewers must see a lot more room for improvement in PS3 games.

    Which is not a bad thing, it means PS3 games have a lot more to come out of them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.