Master Poster

Nintendo's NextGen Console To Make E3 2005 Showing

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=pub&aid=2958

This all looks very interesting. From this its obvious that theyre not going for sheer power, but more for "an original style of gameplay" - to quote a different source. By showing themselves to the competition this far before the launch it gives M$ and Sony an obivous advantage as they know what cards Nintendo have up their sleeve.

My opinion? Nintendo are gonna flop.

Your opinion?
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Blake
    E3 2005 eh? I dont see how it could really hurt them to bad. By this time M$ and Sony should be near the finish line on they're very own consoles. What can they really do to steal Nintendo's fire if this is the case? What nintendo is doing here is building up hype, now people will look forward to the unvieling...I know I do.

i am glad nintendo are "marching in to the competition", if yo will.
    An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blake
    I'd love it so much if Nintendo jumped back into second. M$ beind knocked down to third would make my day.

Veteran
    Yea it's always important for there to be competition. Although Nintendo becoming second would indeed be preferable to Microsoft being second, I can't see it happening. MS are too big and are doing quite well, where as Nintendo are still struggling, despite fairly buoyant sales from the Gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by PSX_Junkie
    I'd love it so much if Nintendo jumped back into second. M$ beind knocked down to third would make my day.
    same here

=|WDJ|=
    OMG OMG OMG E3 in 5 days"!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by =|WDJ|=
    yea but its E3 04 so you wont be seeing any N5 stuff if that is what u were thinking
    its still gonna be a good year this year for E3 if you ask me
    i love my birthday - i get stuff, the weather is nice and its E3

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=pub&aid=3447

Even after admitting their giving up on the Graphic War Nintendo stills seems pretty confident.

Without Hot Graphics and only a few Hot Titles it seems likely Nintendo’s N5 is going to flop.

Blake
    Dont be to sure about that, from that article it appears Nintendo is going to pull a rabbit out of it's hat. Just reading that article has me excited about what direction they might go. It makes sense, because after the coming generation graphics will just about at their peak. They apparently want to do something different to keep interests high. Guess we'll just have to wait for the "revolution".

I hope that Nintendo will regain some of their old fire, by making games as revolutionary as Mario and Zelda were. But that probably won't happen, but hey, with Shigeru Miyamoto, anything is possible.
    Watashi ai genki.

Elite Member

-_- is it me or is it that people go back 4 pages...I usually just stick with the first page...and the first 10 posts...not the first 200 *too much reading* but Nintendo 'might' regain it...they were all about JUST THE GAMING and lost that way because PS2/Xbox were mainly used for a DVD Player...especially ps2

Veteran
    Nintendo's biggest losses came because of how they treat 3rd parties. Expecially US and Europe based ones. Just to start they have a royalty that is 50% higher than Sony's base royalty and 58% higher than MS's. This goes a long way to putting off 3rd parties.

Lets use as an example Resident Evil 4. If it sells one million copies on the GC and one Million on the PS2, they will make 4 Million dollars more on the PS2 version than the GC version. That is before discounts that Sony (and MS) give based on volume.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

I don't think Nintendo will flop, i have a Gamecube&PS2 and i really enjoy my Gamecube and the Revolution will be a killer console it's going to be priced right and to me that means alot and the Nintendo Revolution will be my first buy then PS3. I have enjoyed playing them both Gamecube&PS2,and i will enjoy both Revoluton&PS3 they both will be killer when they are released ....

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nintendo's biggest losses came because of how they treat 3rd parties. Expecially US and Europe based ones. Just to start they have a royalty that is 50% higher than Sony's base royalty and 58% higher than MS's. This goes a long way to putting off 3rd parties.
    Yes, but they've been trying desperately to gain back what they've lost this time around by mending bonds. I still don't understand the idea of not caring too much about graphics as the other 2. They better have something spectacular in store for us, otherwise, it could be bye-bye Nintendo

You meant 5 months, right?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    I agree PBM, they need to lower royaltys to gain some confidence in dev's, and there needs to be 'next gen' graphics or else nintendo wouldnt have a leg to stand on.if they do them two main issues (and some others that other people say) that could be a recipe for sucsess in second place. (i would love to see that happen)

PS3 not until next fall

Just letting you all know I am writing an article about it.

Master Guru

Are you talkig about PS3 launch in US and Europe for next fall or all round world wide next fall?

Global release.

PS3 may go on sale in fall

The next-generation gaming machine features previously unseen features such as up to 8 controllers to play simultaneously, a built in Blu-Ray player and the revolutionary RSX video card and Cell.

However Sony’s spring 2006 release date seems highly improbable. Nothing final has been said about the price or what will be included in the box. There has been no talk of the PS3 online or the controller design. However what was most upsetting was the fact that there was no speech about the PS3 during the Las Vegas Consumer Electronic Show. The console was on display but there was still the notice that it was a “concept model” and the PS3 controller was not even shown.

Could this mean that the PS3 will not be able to meet its release date? If the console was to be released around spring it would already have to be in full production to avoid a launch where you had to wait the whole night and not get your console in the end, similar to the Xbox 360’s release.

Hopefully the console will be able to meet its spring release but do not get your hopes up too high.

Walid Zaibak.

Master Poster
    More of an editorial piece, but a good one. Editted and live!
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Thanks!

Thread Information