Superior Member
    PSN ID
    YellowFootPrint / Nodrodee

$100.00 Off Ps3?

Anyone use the SonyCard $100.00 off deal with purchase of a new PS3. My question is can you use the $100.00 against the PS3 so the 80g cost is $399.00

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygateway...ID=&PROMO=DF01

would be good deal.

Elite Member
    basically you pay full price.. and get 100$ worth of future purchases free of charge... so you pay the full price for 80gb and get a 100$ debit card to buy games or accessories etc.
    Setup

TV:
    Mirai DTL 642E500 | 42" 1080P HDTV
    Audio: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound
    Consoles: Playstation3 60GB Premium | Playstation 2

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Thanks, thought it may be to good to be true but still good deal because most will buy 2nd controller and game with system shortly after they buy it.

Yes... i can confirm this.. I applied for the card and after ps3 40gb purchase it took two weeks to get the 100$ credit back on the card...

Apprentice
    I'm not sure if it's such a fantastic idea to be signing up for credit cards all willy-nilly. Seems like it wouldn't look good on your credit.

I called the sony store, when you open the card it takes $100 of your first bill....

I was gonna do it for the 80gig MSG bundle but i dont need another credit card, or another ps3...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Yes you can do this for the 80gig aswell (if they still have them on their site). The full price will be deducted from your new sonystyle account and they will credit you back $100. I believe it works for your first purchase of anything from them over 400$ if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by narXeno View Post
    I'm not sure if it's such a fantastic idea to be signing up for credit cards all willy-nilly. Seems like it wouldn't look good on your credit.
    Well that all depends. If your actually paying your bills off and on time. i don't see how any credit agency can hold that against you just because you have multiple cards. Now if your not paying your bills, thats an entirely different story all together. Credit Cards are a responsibility, not a burden.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

thats different than what i got back in Feb. I got the $100 off the 80GB as my first purchase on the card. when i got my bill 4 weeks later,there it was the PS3 for only $399! this seems like $100 after yur purchase.
    80GB PS3
    SHARP:Aquos 52" 1080p
    MotorStorm, Call Of Duty 4, MLB'08:The Show, GTA IV
    PSN ID:randymackdaddy
    "The dude Abides"

The G-Man
    I did that deal. Got a 40G for $320.00 shipped to me door. Payed the credit card off when I got my first bill (which means no interest paid to people who don't know), then I called and canceled it.

That's how it's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by randymack1 View Post
    thats different than what i got back in Feb. I got the $100 off the 80GB as my first purchase on the card. when i got my bill 4 weeks later,there it was the PS3 for only $399! this seems like $100 after yur purchase.
    Nice, so you did get the 80GB for $399.00. Friend trying to decide on PS3 vs 360 and price is major factor. This may help, if so it will be my 1st friend on PS3 other then the folks I meet on PS3.

The G-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by randymack1 View Post
    That sounds like (is) 2 of the same thing.

Sonystyle deal:
    1. You sign up for the card (hopefully you get approved).
    2. You make you purchase (full price). i.e. $419.99 including tax for a 40G
    3. Chase (the credit card company) credits your card $100.
    4. $419.99 minus $100 credit = You pay amount of $319.99
    5. Pay it off then call and cancel that crappy card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru

I have been using the Sony card for almost a year now, have got a few free games through the points. Now that I have a better points system on my Visa (very similiar to the rebate system) I simply use that card for everything now, and as soon as I use the last of my points in the sony store, I will cancel that card.

I havent paid for anything with cash or debit in at least 3+ months lol. I pay everything with my visa (no service fees for transactions) and then tranfer the money via online banking to pay it off.

You do have to watch though when you spend like this as it is easy to not realize how much you have spent, so I definatly wouldnt recommend this style of purchasing to anybody, but it makes me money in the form of points, and sidesteps the service fees of using my debit card, so it all is good for me.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andonino View Post
    I have been using the Sony card for almost a year now, have got a few free games through the points. Now that I have a better points system on my Visa (very similiar to the rebate system) I simply use that card for everything now, and as soon as I use the last of my points in the sony store, I will cancel that card.

I havent paid for anything with cash or debit in at least 3+ months lol. I pay everything with my visa (no service fees for transactions) and then tranfer the money via online banking to pay it off.

You do have to watch though when you spend like this as it is easy to not realize how much you have spent, so I definatly wouldnt recommend this style of purchasing to anybody, but it makes me money in the form of points, and sidesteps the service fees of using my debit card, so it all is good for me.

thats a good idea if it works for you.... i just don't like the hassle neither want to be worried about making those transactions in time or overspending...... my bank should have a point system for my visa check card........
    Proud PlayStation User Since 1998.

Master Guru

I dont really have a problem with making the transaction on time, as the visa is linked to my bank profile, so when my cheque goes into my account, I simply pay my bills, and transfer the rest to the visa (if it needs the full amount).

Also with it linked to my account like this, I can very easily see how much I have spent, and compare to what I have, so I run a very low risk of over spending (as long as you dont just get shop happy lol)

It works out that I get a couple hundred back (obviously depends on spending) at the end of the year, which goes to boxing day sales and christmas shopping for myself

Thread Information