Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Guys lets face it, Killzone 2 wont come out this year.

Anthe sony statement came out today (NPD), talking about how great the PS3 is.blah blah.. And the great exclusives that are coming out this year.

The Season of Monster Titles Has Begun: The April releases of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Grand Theft Auto IV kick off the waterfall of blockbusters coming to PS3 this year, including the exclusive titles Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2 and SOCOM: Confrontation to name a few. These mega hits combined with enthusiasm for Blu-ray promise to further drive PS3 sales throughout 2008.
    http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/04/17/...o-npd-numbers/

Again there is no mention of Killzone 2, non whatsoever in any of Sony's statements.

Also if you think about it, from marking perspective, if it was indeed it was coming out this year, then they'd hyped the game from the start of the year, by releasing new trailers,pictures, info, anything, bit like what resistance is doing now. And it doesn't surprise me now why more people are excited about Resistance then killzone 2.

So do you really think we'll see Killzone 2 this year?
    60gb PS3
    Resistance (8/10),Motostorm (7/10),Call of Duty 3&4 (9.5/10), Assassin's Creed(6/10) ,Warhawk (7/10), PES2008 (7.5/10), Devil May Cry 4 (LE) (8.5/10), Gran Turismo 5: Prologue(9/10), GTA:IV (8/10), MGS4 (10/10), Uncharted 8.5/10, Wipeout HD (8/10), FIFA 09 (9/10), Motostorm 2 (8.5/10)

Superior Member
    It is officially being released in autumn of 2008 whever its mentionned or not.
    Solid Snake: A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
    Solid Snake:I'm no hero.Never was.Never will be.

Superior Member
    nope, i even said it when resistance 2 info was first released. Killzone will most likely be pushed back into 2009 IMO

Forum Elder
    Well whether its confirmed or not for this year, I personally wouldn't mind seeing appear in 2009.

I want this game to be polished to the bone. And the way its looking Guerilla seems to be really pushing themselves to assure its quality all around.

I just hope it wont be a 6 hour campaign.

However from what ive heard GG has dropped online co-op which really makes me disappointed.

Well whatever, I'll judge their final product and not make assumptions beforehand.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3World View Post
    Anthe sony statement came out today (NPD), talking about how great the PS3 is.blah blah.. And the great exclusives that are coming out this year.

Again there is no mention of Killzone 2, non whatsoever in any of Sony's statements.

Also if you think about it, from marking perspective, if it was indeed it was coming out this year, then they'd hyped the game from the start of the year, by releasing new trailers,pictures, info, anything, bit like what resistance is doing now. And it doesn't surprise me now why more people are excited about Resistance then killzone 2.

Well, PS3World, I don't think so.
    As you have previously stated, they haven't hyped it at all this year. But in all seriousness, WHEN we get to play it, isn't it better if the game is actually fun to play.
    So, let them take their time with it, Im sad about it to, but i want it to play great!

Apprentice

uh, another of these threads. So far, nothing has changed, its a 2008 title. The reason we arent seeing much from the devs is because the game is still top secret and in development, if they show their hand too early then that just gives the competitors chance to copy and add Killzone-like features into their games. This is also why we wont see too much of Resistance 2 until June.

Its all about playing your cards close to your chest until you are ready to show your hand.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    Quote Originally Posted by rukusa View Post
    Well whether its confirmed or not for this year, I personally wouldn't mind seeing appear in 2009.

I want this game to be polished to the bone. And the way its looking Guerilla seems to be really pushing themselves to assure its quality all around.

I just hope it wont be a 6 hour campaign.

However from what ive heard GG has dropped online co-op which really makes me disappointed.

Well whatever, I'll judge their final product and not make assumptions beforehand.
    I really hope they didn't drop online co-op, that is a big draw for me in a shooter.

This game is becoming amusing to me. I mean I think surfer girl may have been right about the development problems. If it isn't ready until 2009 Insomniac will have put out 3 AAA titles before Guerilla could even get one out.

But maybe it will still release in 08. I can understand Sony wouldn't want to talk about it since they have been talking about it for so long and it still isn't close to release.

Forum Elder
    I think you guys should consider that since 2008 is REALLY packed with some great line-up titles, we should let GG concentrate on the quality and let it slide to 2009.

Im looking forward to Killzone 2 like the next guy, but with what its in store for us. It should keep us company for a good long while.

Apprentice
    You can't expect him to name every exclusive game coming this year - JT probably doesn't have the time or can think of every title off his head. It doesn't confirm or deny that Killzone will come out this year
    I expect it will come out this year - we've seen the game looks and plays solidly already, so we know many of the mechanics are already in place. Sony is just being coy with details on it. Just because they haven't revealed much detail, don't expect it to be delayed. Look how much info has been revealed about Siren on the ps3. A week ago we knew nothing, but suddenly we've heard the game is 90% complete.

Elite Member
    Lets ignore the fine details for now and reassure ourselves this upcoming e3.

Forum Guru
    Well it doesn't matter if KZ2 doesn't release this year, i will just have to play Resistance 2 then. Just let GG improve it, and there's a beta for it this year if i am not wrong.
    PSN and XBL ID: EspadaKiller

Steam ID: god_of_shawn

My blog: www.espadakiller.wordpress.com Follow me @twitter as well!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by godofspeed View Post
    Well it doesn't matter if KZ2 doesn't release this year, i will just have to play Resistance 2 then. Just let GG improve it, and there's a beta for it this year if i am not wrong.
    What this guy said.

Seriously, just let it pass. We'll get Killzone 2 eventually. And hopefully it will damn tasty game when it comes around.

Superior Member

Considering it took Halo 3 about half a year to go from beta to release, and this is supposed to have a beta, I don't think it will be out before spring 09. But maybe around february or march. Also, we have seen next to nothing on this game. All we have seen has been from one (albeit awesome) level.
    Favourite Games from each Generation?
    Ocarina of Time - Super Mario 64 - Mario Kart 64 - Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy IX
    Halo 2 - Shadow of the Colossus - Final Fantasy X - GTA 3 - Resident Evil 4 - Timesplitters 2
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - Demon's Souls

Superior Member

So since Haze and WKC weren't on that list does that mean they won't come out this yr either?

IMO it seems like a stretch by the OP.

The Mega Man
    Yep, no Killzone till 09 seems right to me. Maybe Feb 2009 but not before.

I'm liking Resistance 2 more and more each day...

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeksjustice View Post
    I really hope they didn't drop online co-op, that is a big draw for me in a shooter.
    What exactly is on-line co-op? Is that the choice of being able to play singleplayer with multiple people? That sounds like it would get pretty dull very fast since most games are quite linear.

As for the topic at hand, I am very sure that they will announce the release date at E3.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    What exactly is on-line co-op? Is that the choice of being able to play singleplayer with multiple people? That sounds like it would get pretty dull very fast since most games are quite linear.

As for the topic at hand, I am very sure that they will announce the release date at E3.
    I assure you it isn't dull. I played the whole campaign of RB6 Vegas with my cousin and it was the most fun I've had this generation.

Apprentice
    I don't think we will get Killzone till Spring 09. I'm thinking during this years E3 we will see more footage (Rumors of a real-time demonstration of the CGI trailer) and the beta will be announced for Fall 08. They have a Huge title FPS for the Fall and that is Resistance 2. It would not make sense to have these two big FPS titles coming out so close together. I know more is better but not if players chose to only buy one of the two this way they have a big title for Spring 09 aswell.

Dedicated Member
    Killzone 2 will not be coming out this year, i mention it about 2 months ago. Of all the trailers i have seen, the A.I pretty much sucked. I really hope they would fix that.

I don't mind seeing it in 09 as long as R2 comes out on date !
    Sony XBR4
    Sony PS3 - 60GB
    XBOX 360 Elite
    Spherex & Pioneer Digital Audio System

Superior Member

I still think this game is coming out this year although I understand why people are sceptical. I must say though that I absolutely hate Sony's practise of teasing us with trailers and then saying nothing for years and years.

Getaway, 8 Days, Killzone 2, Eyedentity ... All shown 3 years ago with nothing since exept for last years Killzone demo.

Africa is another title... Teased us 2 years ago and we still know nothing about the game.

I don't think that Sony needs to divulge all of their cards but I do feel that once they decide to get people excited with a trailer, they owe us some periodic updates on these games.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You guys are always freaking out and jumping the bloody gun. Speculation on this, either way, won't help anybody.

I'm the most in touch member on this site regarding KZ2, and I haven't seen or heard anything (From official news, to people I know) that give me anything to worry about regarding it's release date.

If it's delayed until 2009, I'd be among the first here to have a clue about it.

So don't freak out and speculate based on nothing but pure silence.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3World View Post

As much as I don't want to see it happen I have a feeling it will be pushed back until 2009, which I don't think that will be a good thing to miss the 2008 holidays...I just hope the game doesn't come out after all this time and it turns out to be a dud, hopefully we will hear and see some good news at E3 this year...I remember back when they had the release date of this game around the time the PS3 came out, now it is almost 2 years after that and all we have to show are a few game play videos...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Apprentice
    I think we will be seeing some actual In-game footage of both Getaway, 8 Days (which is rumored to be called Protection now) and definately Killzone at E3 this year. Doubt any of them will be out till 2009 though. I don't think Eyedentity is going to come. I think it was just a hopeful demonstration for the Playstation Eye's capabilities.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeksjustice View Post
    I assure you it isn't dull. I played the whole campaign of RB6 Vegas with my cousin and it was the most fun I've had this generation.
    I mean that after you finish the co-op once and have lots of fun with it, the next time it will just be a dull experience, since you will know what to expect.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I'm getting tired of this console living up to the Delaystation name. It's really pissing me off.

2008 is well underway and PS3 still hasn't opened the floodgates.

Thread Information