Latest PSU headlines:

Blake

"We didn't invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwic

So I was enjoying a quick lunch with my g/f at Chic-fella. As usuall in a restraunt I glance at the walls to see what kind of interesting pieces of art and pictures are scattered around the place. Behold, right beside me (I was in the far end of the restraunt) sit's a giant poster in a large picture frame. Aside from everything else on the poster something stood out to me.

"We didnt invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwich"

Once my heart beat dropped back to normal from learning such priceless information I thought to myself how stupid of a boast could that possibly be. Wow, I envy you corporate num-nuts, erm or w/e jackass who originally created it.

How on earth did you realise that if you put a piece of cooked chicken between two pieces of bread that it would soon come to be known as the chicken sandwich? I bet there was some strenious thinking going on in the development stages of this so called "chicken sandwich" , hmm...think think think. Wow! I got it...just let me get my special rockent scientist calculator out, and other odd instruments so I can change the way we look at food forever.

*years later* I've finally done it, I have concieved what no other man in the history of mankind has or ever would have achieved. The chicken sandwich!! Now people will praise me for sticking a piece of f'ing chicken between two pieces of bread. Oh but this wont just be any kind of chicken sandwich, because it'll be sold in Chic-Fella's across the world. That'll really make it special.

Give me a break, advertising pisses me off...especially stupid advertising you know you can get away with because your a multi million dollar franchise.

Veteran
    Being a bit cynical today arenít we PSX Junkie?

At least it wasnít named by a Japanese advertising agency they'd have called it the;

'Super - Ultra - Baguette - Chicken - Mega - Sandwich - Meal

'Chicken Sandwich' - "Is what it says it Is" and you got to give em' credit for keeping it simple. Plus I doubt they actually invented it. Thatís got to be false advertising.

Blake
    Yea I know that but they're boasting about something a mentally retarded 2 year old could of concieved. It's just a bit ironic if you ask me...like; Only we pose the intellengence to come up with the chicken sandwich.

Please understand Im not in a pissy mood and felt like getting that off my chest. I just thought it'd be kind of a hoot to poke fun at Chic-Fella for coming up with one of the dumbest catch phrases ever.

Master Poster
    I guess you gotta give the creators a bit of credit for actually taking this small, strange-looking bird, and making a sandwhich out of it.

What puzzles me far more than this, though, what the hell was the person who realised we could drink milk thinking? "Hmm, I wonder if white liquid expelled by cows is drinkable." Crazy.
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Blake
    Argh, ya still dont get it. It's a stupid thing to brag about...eventually someone was going to stick a piece of chicken between two pieces of bread and call it a chicken sandwich. I mean it was bound to happen, yet they use this as one of they're marketing campaigns. I mean we had pb&j sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, etc..etc..dont ya think someone would eventually go, "wait a minute, let's try our hand at a chicken sandwich"? So basically they're acting like they're discovery is the equivilent of inventing the lightbulb. Since the dawn of time man has been eating chicken but uh oh...the original founders of Chic-Fella stick a piece of chicken between two pieces of bread and decades later the franchise is boasting about it.

Apprentice

I know what you mean but I fail to see the point.

Was eating a chicken sandwich while reeding it first time.
    If you put limits on yourself on what you do, you may aswell be dead.It will eventually spread into your entire being. There are no limits only plateauxs. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

Blake
    It was simply a rant, something to gripe about for fun. No Im not insane and Chic-Fella happens to be my favorite fast food restraunt. Most of you failed to see where I was going and instead acted like I was a lunatic. Jeez, let loose and have some fun guys. I wasnt bickering I was just making fun of the franchise. Some took my comments way out of context or way to seriously. Most of all this was just to start another topic, to help keep conversations new and fresh.

Edit: My intention was to find something way out of the normal to talk about and try to have some fun with it....but anyways, maybe some other time.

Apprentice

Actually it looked like you were taking it too seriously to me... Never mind I know what you mean although there isn't too much anyone can place to this topic .
    If you put limits on yourself on what you do, you may aswell be dead.It will eventually spread into your entire being. There are no limits only plateauxs. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

Blake
    Im not trying to start a long thread...do realise that once the place grows your going to see some of the most bizarre topics ever. I promise you that, this is nothing compared to what you'll eventually see posted in here. General Disccussion boards are like a heaven for stupidity at times, but that's also what makes general disscussion so fun. People put up some awkward stuff that just make you sit back and laugh. Dont believe me? Check out any forum with 500-1,000 members. Crazy topics are posted on almost a daily basis, yet they have good content in them. Better yet I'll find you one myself.

Apprentice

You act as if I have't been on another forum. You also assume I don't believe you. There will be enough of it when it comes without this then.

Blake
    Only because you act like Im stupid for starting a sensless thread, so I partially assume you might not dwell on many message boards. Anyways, push could go to shove here....I dont care to let that happen.

Btw, Im just trying to do my part to keep things lively, and when you run out of things to talk about I dont think this does to much harm now does it?

Apprentice

Nope but to cut a long story short. I haven't thought about the things I have said in the way you have commented on saying. So things are really only as bad as you take it so sorry about that.

Hey Is the company only American? The one which is your favorite restaraunt because I have never heard of it.

Blake
    I apologize, I got frustrated. That goes to everyone on the boards. Yea the franchise is mainly American from what I understand. You'll find it in most shopping malls, very tasty.

Apprentice

Hey it's cool. I hate McDonalds in the UK.

Milkshake Recipe in our local McDonalds.
    Potato Starch, Liquidized chicken fat, powdered Milkshake flavour mmm Great? lol.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamesenshin
    Hey it's cool. I hate McDonalds in the UK.

Milkshake Recipe in our local McDonalds.
    Potato Starch, Liquidized chicken fat, powdered Milkshake flavour mmm Great? lol.
    *looks down at desk and sees a Mcdonalds strawberry milkshake*

*pushes it a bit further away*

Nah, really I like mcdonalds milkshakes. They taste pretty good dispite the fact theyre full of crap. Im not a huge fan of the rest of their product line though.

Master Poster
    And back on topic -

I understood what you were saying Junkie, but I thought I would branch the topic a bit by including a funny thought which was in my head after reading your post.

Apprentice

Lol Nah I must admit I like them but not what's in them. I could live hapily in ignorance lol.

Master Guru

PS3 needs Debugging

Basically it will be about how people that are working on the PS3 are saying there is some major debugging going on and that if everything wroks perfect from now until launch we should hope to see the PS3 maybe launch around May.....

I have yet to write the article up but I am getting some of my info from here:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28879

Master Poster

Take The Inquirer's information with a pinch of salt...most of their articles are untrue and based on rumours (probably created by themselves!).

Master Guru

okay.....maybe I will see if I can find other sources besides the inquirer before typing this up...

Thread Information