Superior Member

Can anyone tell me why my Rep isn't displaying properly?

I have nine and it's only displaying seven? This is probably a retarded question but go easy if it is.
    Almost finished writing the first draft of my new novel!

Master Poster
    The number next to your rep power doesn't represent the number of people that have repped you mate.

EDIT: Sorry what did you mean by I have nine?

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Superior Member
    I have nine rep comments, right, and then it says I have 129 points, and I was just trying to figure out the correlation between the two. I thought those comments(there are nine) represented the rep power that's displayed, see what I mean?

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by makidian View Post
    I have nine rep comments, right, and then it says I have 129 points, and I was just trying to figure out the correlation between the two. I thought those comments(there are nine) represented the rep power that's displayed, see what I mean?
    Yeh I do. Okay I'll explain this the best I can. Firstly, you get a pip (this is the little blue bar, you have two of them) for every 100 points of rep you have. So when you first register with the forums, you start off with one pip, and for every 100 points of rep you have, you get another pip. So when you reach 100 rep points you will have a total of two pips, and when you reach 200 rep points you'll have a total of three pips and so on. And I don't think the 'number' of people/comments that rep you has anything to do with your 'amount' of rep power or the number of pips. Also you see how it says "rep power: 7" above your avatar, this means that when you rep someone, you'll give them 7 rep points.

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Quote Originally Posted by ball3r_42 View Post
    Yeh I do. Okay I'll explain this the best I can. Firstly, you get a pip (this is the little blue bar, you have two of them) for every 100 points of rep you have. So when you first register with the forums, you start off with one pip, and for every 100 points of rep you have, you get another pip. So when you reach 100 rep points you will have a total of two pips, and when you reach 200 rep points you'll have a total of three pips and so on. And I don't think the 'number' of people/comments that rep you has anything to do with your 'amount' of rep power or the number of pips. Also you see how it says "rep power: 7" above your avatar, this means that when you rep someone, you'll give them 7 rep points.
    And on that note,I'll +REP you for answering a question I was wondering about also.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Elite Sage

That would be nice, my rep power would be in the multi-hundreds But indeed, rep power is based on 3 main things:

1: How long you've been a member

2: How much rep you've received (you said you have 129; if I were to rep you that would add 45, because 45 is my rep power.)

3: How many posts you have

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoko View Post
    That would be nice, my rep power would be in the multi-hundreds But indeed, rep power is based on 3 main things:

2: How much rep you've received (you said you have 129; if I were to rep you that would add 45, because 45 is my rep power.)

Correctomundo. Just recently I passed 1400 posts and got 800 points in rep within a few minutes and my points went from 9 to 11.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Thanks for pointing that stuff out Behe!

Superior Member
    Yep I got it and added to your rep for the answer, though I still looked all over this forum using the search function and still couldn't find the answer to this.

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson

Freak,I need to get repped by Behemoko,so let the forum stalking commence
    I'm gonna follow you all over this forum.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Elite Sage

http://www.ps3forums.com/memberlist....utation&pp=100

I have more rep than all but 6 other members, 2 of which no longer come here.

In other words, I'm ranked 5th as far as "active" posters go.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I've always been a little hazy about how the whole rep and rep power thing worked. This clears it up nicely.
    Cheers.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member
    I am somewhat relieved that I wasn't the only one pereplexed by this, they should make a thread for it in the rules/FAQ or something

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.ps3forums.com/memberlist....utation&pp=100

I have more rep than all but 6 other members, 2 of which no longer come here.

In other words, I'm ranked 5th as far as "active" posters go.
    That you are. You've been a good ninja.

Elite Sage

You're just coming here to rub it in that you're #1. You have 6282 rep points to my 3730..

As a side note, I just passed REFLEX into 6th place. We must have been really close, as I've been repped only 4 or 5 times since my last post.

REFLEX
    I haven't been doing as much Home Theater "work" around here since becoming a MOD, too little time to do both. thats probably why... haha.... oh well. I WON'T REP YOU!!

Super Elite

You're just coming here to rub it in that you're #1. You have 6282 rep points to my 3730..

As a side note, I just passed REFLEX into 6th place. We must have been really close, as I've been repped only 4 or 5 times since my last post.
    How do you find out how many rep points another user has?
    PlayStation 3 60 GB owner

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I still don't understand. If I have 2,139 total rep points, then shouldn't my rep power be 21 instead of 20?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite09 View Post
    I still don't understand. If I have 2,139 total rep points, then shouldn't my rep power be 21 instead of 20?
    I explained it earlier and this is why:

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
    How do you find out how many rep points another user has?
    By becoming a member of the SMC or by becoming a Mod. We can see intricate details of user profiles. (Like for instance, how many rep points another user has, lol.)

I explained it earlier and this is why:
    You didn't really explain rep power so much as you explained rep pips.

I'm the one who explained rep power

Rep power is based on 3 main things:

Thread Information