Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    So...Is this Ign's first 10/10 review ever?

  2. #27
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,561
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    So...Is this Ign's first 10/10 review ever?
    No they had one back in 99 i think the review said.
    Calculating Infinity

  3. #28
    Elite Member
    mikeghtmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,982
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,611 (0 Banked)
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    LOL This perfect 10 review for 360 has you upset. Anyway textures and framerate are comparable and 360 has richer colors and PS3 has less pop up. Big deal. Why turn this into a pissing contest. Obviously the diffirences are so slight the reviewer still gave the graphics a 10. And the vids look awesome. He played it and you didnt end of story.
    You should read the rest of the posts before simply quoting someone; you make me repeat myself.
    It's not about 360/PS3, I frankly don't care, I have a PS3 and I'm happy with it, others have 360 and are happy with it. But the beef I have is with the reviewers, and no, I'm not upset, I'm just pointing it out so that others start to realize how full of crap reviewers are and don't judge a game based on them.
    I've seen good games do bad/poorly because the reviewer was full of crap, and I know people have bought a crappy game because a reviewer(s) give it a good score unjustly.
    Now tell me that there aren't better looking games already out there and I'll drop it. The 'fact' is that there are better looking games already out; these games already set the bar at a level GTA is not at, so how can it get 10/10. And, since I'm sure you still won't go back to read the rest of the comments, I'll say it again; I'm not saying GTA will be a bad game in anyway and I'm not telling people not to buy it.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #29
    Apprentice
    Shahan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJNavarrete View Post
    No, I'm just appalled by the fact that had it been the other way around, I KNOW the PS3 would have gotten something like a 9.8 :sleep:



    Poorer? Are you using the literal antonym of richer? Haha. Just because the 360 has richer [more vibrant] colors doesn't mean the PS3 has poor colors. I prefer cooler, more natural colors myself. Besides, color settings are something than you can fix by adjusting the settings on your TV. No matter how hard you try, your TV will not fix aliasing, pop-in, and framerate issues.
    1. i agree with the UK hardcore, ur taking things too critically when hillary (the ign reveiwer) said slight pop-ins and texure slips on the 360 version
    2.it could go both ways: the 360 version is more colourfull, where as the ps3 version has gfx that are slightly watered-down (MGS4 is a good example)
    3. for god sakes stop typing in bold...no one likes it and ur just annoying people with it!!!!

    60 Gig PS3: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Motorstorm
    Premium Xbox 360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Rock Band, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed, GTAIV

  5. #30
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,145
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    656 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    Maybe you read me wrong or maybe I wrote something wrong, but I'm just pointing out how bad this reviewers are that give the same score after pointing out some differences. And yes, neither should be a 10/10 especially if you compare to other games that have already been released and set the bar quite higher.



    Careful, people here don't like it when you point that out; apparently that means we are fanboys of one console or the other if we ask for fair reviews.
    Ah, so you're the buzzkill guy who needs to trash on anything that's popular. Every thread like this needs one...

    Hey how bout this? why don't you try being a real gamer and being excited for what is being termed the best game of the last 10 years and stop with all the idiotic over-analyses?

  6. #31
    Elite Member
    mikeghtmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,982
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,611 (0 Banked)
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Endgame77 View Post
    Ah, so you're the buzzkill guy who needs to trash on anything that's popular. Every thread like this needs one...

    Hey how bout this? why don't you try being a real gamer and being excited for what is being termed the best game of the last 10 years and stop with all the idiotic over-analyses?
    Why people don't learn to read all posts before quoting someone. I've already said a million times I'm not bashing the game; I'm sure it'll still be fun, is it so bad asking for a slightly smaller score for the slight issues mentioned??? why??? ... oh yeah, because you said so and apparently it hurts your esteem if someone doesn't like what you do; my apologies for being so rude... how dare I ask for 1/2 a point less.
    It's not like I asked for it to be moved down to an 8 or 7 or 6 or 5... not even a 9 I just asked that they reflect what they say in their scores.
    And I still think that there are better looking games already released so a 10 is not fair to those other games that put an effort to raise the bar.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #32
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,145
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    656 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    Why people don't learn to read all posts before quoting someone. I've already said a million times I'm not bashing the game; I'm sure it'll still be fun, is it so bad asking for a slightly smaller score for the slight issues mentioned??? why??? ... oh yeah, because you said so and apparently it hurts your esteem if someone doesn't like what you do; my apologies for being so rude... how dare I ask for 1/2 a point less.
    It's not like I asked for it to be moved down to an 8 or 7 or 6 or 5... not even a 9 I just asked that they reflect what they say in their scores.
    And I still think that there are better looking games already released so a 10 is not fair to those other games that put an effort to raise the bar.
    Why in the world do you even care? The reviewer states the game is NOT perfect on either system but ths sum of the parts makes it a 10/10. Do you understand this?

    Also, are there are better looking games with Zero load times that cover a massive area and have an incredible physics and AI system? Do you even understand how to put things in persepctive?

  8. #33
    Apprentice
    Arn3lis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    854 (0 Banked)
    wow first time in my life i see a PERFECT 10

  9. #34
    Master Guru
    skulpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    7,715 (0 Banked)
    It's really not worth spending any time on with who said what in a review. I just would hope in the future that IGN is consistent with the way they rate games. Read the GRAW2 review from IGN where they drop the visuals on the PS3 for minor stuff during cutscenes...

    I'm done with this. The PS3 version is a bit better technically, the "PS3 doesn't have the memory resources" debate is over, and so on. This pretty much shows that Sony choosing a HD as standard is the best way to go. A lot of debates were silenced today actually.

    Now let's just get back to enjoying gaming. Both versions are great.

  10. #35
    Apprentice
    Shahan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by skulpt View Post
    It's really not worth spending any time on with who said what in a review. I just would hope in the future that IGN is consistent with the way they rate games. Read the GRAW2 review from IGN where they drop the visuals on the PS3 for minor stuff during cutscenes...

    I'm done with this. The PS3 version is a bit better technically, the "PS3 doesn't have the memory resources" debate is over, and so on. This pretty much shows that Sony choosing a HD as standard is the best way to go. A lot of debates were silenced today actually.

    Now let's just get back to enjoying gaming. Both versions are great.
    AMEN brother, couldn't have said it better myself...+1 rep for u

    now lets grab a few beers, kick back, and wait for an amazing game...this should be a celebration, not a debate

    60 Gig PS3: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Motorstorm
    Premium Xbox 360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Rock Band, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed, GTAIV

  11. #36
    Newbie
    JustMarioBros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    255 (0 Banked)
    Wow it's really sad how people from this forum are going to the Ign 360 review of GTA4 and just talking a lot of fanboy trash (in the comment box). Wow, some of these KIDS need a life, seriously.

  12. #37
    Super Elite
    TheMadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    PSN ID
    EcksMane
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    349 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
    Wow it's really sad how people from this forum are going to the Ign 360 review of GTA4 and just talking a lot of fanboy trash (in the comment box). Wow, some of these KIDS need a life, seriously.
    your right that is very sad. but dont dismiss the fact that this very same thing has been going on for ALL ps3 games since the ps3 launched. this same thing will happen when MGS4 is released too.

    dont jus pick one bad apple, pick them all.
    KILLZONE vs. RESISTANCE RTS DO IT!!!

  13. #38
    Newbie
    JustMarioBros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    255 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    your right that is very sad. but dont dismiss the fact that this very same thing has been going on for ALL ps3 games since the ps3 launched. this same thing will happen when MGS4 is released too.

    dont jus pick one bad apple, pick them all.
    I never knew how personal ppl take the whole PS3 vs 360 war. I know about it, but this is a first for me. It's amazing... i'm assuming most of these fanboys are little teenagers right?

  14. #39
    Super Elite
    TheMadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    PSN ID
    EcksMane
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    349 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
    I never knew how personal ppl take the whole PS3 vs 360 war. I know about it, but this is a first for me. It's amazing... i'm assuming most of these fanboys are little teenagers right?
    i think so. but when i was on xbl, one mention of ps3 and you got ripped apart. i remember a grown ass man arguing with me because i was talking to someone else who asked me about it. this guy jus kept screaming "ps3 is trash" for no reason and no backing. the only other thing he said was "hd dvd sold way more than blu-ray"...........

    im not trying to say xbox owners are idiots but from my personal experience psn was a lot more laid back. i also was called the N word about 8 times a day where as i may have only been called it 8x ever on psn. of course idiots are any and everywhere.
    KILLZONE vs. RESISTANCE RTS DO IT!!!

  15. #40
    Apprentice
    Shahan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    i think so. but when i was on xbl, one mention of ps3 and you got ripped apart. i remember a grown ass man arguing with me because i was talking to someone else who asked me about it. this guy jus kept screaming "ps3 is trash" for no reason and no backing. the only other thing he said was "hd dvd sold way more than blu-ray"...........

    im not trying to say xbox owners are idiots but from my personal experience psn was a lot more laid back. i also was called the N word about 8 times a day where as i may have only been called it 8x ever on psn. of course idiots are any and everywhere.
    well ur bound to have more cases like this over xbox live purely due to the fact that more xbox live users actually use/own a microphone...i think the proportion on idiots is equal

    60 Gig PS3: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Motorstorm
    Premium Xbox 360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Rock Band, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed, GTAIV

  16. #41
    Super Elite
    TheMadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    PSN ID
    EcksMane
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    349 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan14 View Post
    well ur bound to have more cases like this over xbox live purely due to the fact that more xbox live users actually use/own a microphone...i think the proportion on idiots is equal
    you have a point but i still believe that the core audience is different from xbl. ive played many games of COD4 with the room filled with mic owners. same with RB6V, plenty of ppl with mics. again idiots are everywhere but im gonna go with my personal experience and say that the ppl on xbl are a much more harsher crowd. i even know a group of ppl that play on xbl and a group ppl that play on psn personally and lets jus say that these 2 crowds would never hang with each other. maybe its the gamer score that makes them so extreme.
    KILLZONE vs. RESISTANCE RTS DO IT!!!

  17. #42
    Apprentice
    Shahan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    you have a point but i still believe that the core audience is different from xbl. ive played many games of COD4 with the room filled with mic owners. same with RB6V, plenty of ppl with mics. again idiots are everywhere but im gonna go with my personal experience and say that the ppl on xbl are a much more harsher crowd. i even know a group of ppl that play on xbl and a group ppl that play on psn personally and lets jus say that these 2 crowds would never hang with each other. maybe its the gamer score that makes them so extreme.
    hahaha u are sooo right

    achievements and gamerscore makes ppl take things way to seriously!! but for the most part ppl are moderate about achievement "whoring"...dont get me wrong i love my achievements

    60 Gig PS3: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Motorstorm
    Premium Xbox 360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Rock Band, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed, GTAIV

  18. #43
    Super Elite
    TheMadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    PSN ID
    EcksMane
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    349 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan14 View Post
    hahaha u are sooo right

    achievements and gamerscore makes ppl take things way to seriously!! but for the most part ppl are moderate about achievement "whoring"...dont get me wrong i love my achievements
    yea nothing wrong with achievements and i even welcome trophies in HOME. i didnt use then on my 360 because i only played Gears and i liked when ppl would judge me based on my gamerscore. it was so fun smashing those guys LOL. only thing is, i hate when ppl act like others suck because of low gamerscore(like i said i was fine with ppl judging me because i worked it in my favor but im talking about others). to me if your into gamerscore thats cool but if your not thats fine too.

    if your into gears add me sometime before gears 2. ill be getting another xbox with that game comes since i cant resist(RROD sux). my tag is XdaKing and ill check on a pc later(i can add you on a pc right?) i must warn you though. im a god when it comes to Gears<<<(irony)
    KILLZONE vs. RESISTANCE RTS DO IT!!!

  19. #44
    Apprentice
    Shahan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    yea nothing wrong with achievements and i even welcome trophies in HOME. i didnt use then on my 360 because i only played Gears and i liked when ppl would judge me based on my gamerscore. it was so fun smashing those guys LOL. only thing is, i hate when ppl act like others suck because of low gamerscore(like i said i was fine with ppl judging me because i worked it in my favor but im talking about others). to me if your into gamerscore thats cool but if your not thats fine too.

    if your into gears add me sometime before gears 2. ill be getting another xbox with that game comes since i cant resist(RROD sux). my tag is XdaKing and ill check on a pc later(i can add you on a pc right?) i must warn you though. im a god when it comes to Gears<<<(irony)
    i tried to add you and it says ur gamer tag doesnt exist.... my gamer tag is: Shahan14

    60 Gig PS3: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Motorstorm
    Premium Xbox 360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Rock Band, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed, GTAIV

  20. #45
    Elite Member
    Don G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,869
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    131 (0 Banked)
    wow...first time i've seen perfect scores....i can't freakin wait. i need this game to keep me occupied from a bunch of crappy stuff going on...it'll be a nice diversion of my attention. couldn't be coming at a better time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]



  21. #46
    Super Elite
    TheMadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    PSN ID
    EcksMane
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    349 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan14 View Post
    i tried to add you and it says ur gamer tag doesnt exist.... my gamer tag is: Shahan14
    aww........ well guess i have to create another gamertag. im sure ill see you in the 360 when gears2 drops so ill add you then. more than likely thats when ill be getting another 360.
    KILLZONE vs. RESISTANCE RTS DO IT!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.