Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MavSkipper View Post
    Sure no problem, hope you had an even better deal than me.
    I'm an impatient buyer myself but if I'm spending more than 1000, I gotta think it through... that's a lot of money for me.

Well, I have the TV since last Saturday and it's just awesome and huge(mind you, I've been using a 24" monitor before this). I can't believe how thin it is as well.

Out of the box, the picture quality is quite good and the auto-dimming feature isn't as bad as what some people were saying... for an average person like me at least anyway. I'm also using different picture settings if I'm watching a movie, anime or playing games(especially for gaming, I always set it to game mode to pretty much eliminate the lag).

I have my PC and PS3 plugged to the TV and both were displaying it fine(both are set to 1:1 pixel mapping which is a HUGE plus for me). The sound is what most people say, total rubbish but enabling the SRS TS HD makes it a bit better though not so much... I'd say get a receiver/audio system(I'm using my PC speakers so I'm good ).

oh nice , thanks for the review mate +rep

and gratz on ur new led tv

cheers

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I have ordered the same tv as MavSKipper and I'd like to say my thoughts on it.

First of all the aesthetics of the TV are amazing, it's shiny and black (attracts dust like the plague) and amazingly thin.
    As Mav said, out of the box the picture is fine but after I used a few calibration setups I discovered that there was much more to gain from the TV.
    It really excels when connected to the PS3 and playing a few games on full 1080p although I'm aware there are not many and most games would make my tv reduce itself to 720p automatically.
    The sound is rather tinnny but I use speakers with my PS3 and I only watch TV late at night on low volume or with headphones so not an issue for me personally.
    I can't comment on "lag" because I have no idea what it is and I haven't noticed any difference in my games than when I was playing on my previous LG TV so stalemate there.
    Overall I think it's a great TV but at 1200 I think if you aren't fussed about the super slimness and the general aesthetics then there are plenty cheaper TV's to be had elsewhere.

These are the hdtvs im thinking about getting. Which one would be the best for using my ps3, wii, and laptop on. I game on my laptop, crysis, nwn2, and orange box. My laptop has hdmi port also.

sony:
    Sony Bravia S-Series KDL-40S5100 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black - 855.00

samsung:
    Samsung LN40B530 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV - 829.99

panasonic:
    EDITED: Took out 42 in 720p replaced with 50 in.
    Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P50X1 50-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV - 861.00
    Panasonic VIERA U1 Series TC-P42U1 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV - 881.04

LG:
    LG 42LH30 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Gloss Black - $835.24

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by viciousdjoker View Post
    These are the hdtvs im thinking about getting. Which one would be the best for using my ps3, wii, and laptop on. I game on my laptop, crysis, nwn2, and orange box. My laptop has hdmi port also.

sony:
    Sony Bravia S-Series KDL-40S5100 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black - 855.00

samsung:
    Samsung LN40B530 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV - 829.99

panasonic:
    Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P42X1 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV - 653.00
    Panasonic VIERA U1 Series TC-P42U1 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV - 881.04

LG:
    LG 42LH30 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Gloss Black - $835.24
    I like the Viera U1 from just glancing at it.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Dedicated Member
    So...I've now got both a Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3.

I've had a 28" Widescreen Sharp SD TV for years.

I want to upgrade and get a better TV to make full use of the systems, but I have a budget.

It's about 330.

Since I'll only be using this one in the bedroom, I don't want to fork out too much as I'll be doing that for the living room down the line at some point.

To put it simply, I have my eyes on the following:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-32AV615DB-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B0020HR6QM/ref=amb_link_84205793_7?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=08F3PFMMVVTJJ6DK07NV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=469751873&pf_rd_i=560858"]Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview[/ame]

I don't know much about Televisions. But I do know this is supposed to be a pretty good budget LCD. And I will need to buy a stand also.

My question; would this actually run games well including Blu-ray?

It's 720p I believe, but I've heard things about sometimes there being lag and TV's not being able to keep up with fast moving images and so on.

And lastly; when I play games, it's annoying that the text of the games seems so small. I have to move in slightly to read (I only sit about 6 feet away which takes the **** even more).

This is every game I play on my old TV. Would a HD TV rectify this by making the text seem bigger? Or do I once again, know not what the hell I am saying here?

Please advise if you can, I will definitely appreciate it.

I have narrowed it down between these two awesome tvs.
    Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P42G10 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV - $808
    or
    Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P50X1 50-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV - $810

Which one should i go with? I really like the 50 inch because of how big it is. But would it be good for ps3 gaming, wii gaming, and my laptop which outputs to 1080p? Or should i sacrifice the size for 1080p? There both about the same price.. and yes i know they are plasma.

Does anyone have the new Sony led tv's?
    I'm looking at the KDL46XBR8 as my next tv, but it's expensive ($3499 here)
    Although I did pay more for the tv I have now (kdl40xbr2 almost 3 years ago at $3999)
    Any comments/suggestions much appreciated

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by newdirty View Post
    Does anyone have the new Sony led tv's?
    I'm looking at the KDL46XBR8 as my next tv, but it's expensive ($3499 here)
    Although I did pay more for the tv I have now (kdl40xbr2 almost 3 years ago at $3999)
    Any comments/suggestions much appreciated
    It would be better to save your money for a more significant upgrade.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Hey guys. I'm quite picky and have been looking into TVs for my ps3. something around 46". here are some quick specs of what i would like:

-1080p
    -easy to use PIP (also i hope i can choose which sound to output)
    -gaming mode?(what does gaming mode do exactly?)
    -Glare reduction
    -fast refresh rate, high contrast ratio (of course)

i dont know too much about other specific technologies that distinct companies have developed. my parents recently bought a samsung but i dont really like the menu or the remote interface.

I was wondering, if there any good technology that I should really look out for?
    I think im leaning more towards plasmas (i hear its better for gaming because it renders fast moving images better, yes?) but hear the burn in problem is better but still an issue (so i guess i'd like an anti burn-in feature).

Ive been looking at TVs and I hear great things about Panasonic plasmas. they are second only to pioneer Kuro but not nearly as expensive. looking for like under $1500.

Any advice would be great, thanks pals!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm quite picky and have been looking into TVs for my ps3. something around 46". here are some quick specs of what i would like:

-1080p
    -easy to use PIP (also i hope i can choose which sound to output)
    -gaming mode?(what does gaming mode do exactly?)
    -Glare reduction
    -fast refresh rate, high contrast ratio (of course)

i dont know too much about other specific technologies that distinct companies have developed. my parents recently bought a samsung but i dont really like the menu or the remote interface.

I was wondering, if there any good technology that I should really look out for?
    I think im leaning more towards plasmas (i hear its better for gaming because it renders fast moving images better, yes?) but hear the burn in problem is better but still an issue (so i guess i'd like an anti burn-in feature).

Ive been looking at TVs and I hear great things about Panasonic plasmas. they are second only to pioneer Kuro but not nearly as expensive. looking for like under $1500.

Any advice would be great, thanks pals!
    Well newegg has this 50 inch samsung plasma for $1399:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...UNG-_-89102306

They also have a 46 inch panasonic plasma for $1150:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889187122

Both are very good plasmas, you just have to decide if you want to get a 50 inch tv vs a 46 inch tv.

Samsung review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33573755.html

Pamasonic review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33497901.html

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Thanks matrix, i was actually really looking into the G10. only one issue, no PIP.

I dont know why but im very adamant about picture-in-picture. it just seems like a must for gamers. anytime there is a laod screen or if you're waiting for an online game to connect or installing some update, you can just switch to PIP mode and watch something while keeping an eye on the game screen. its also great for watching two sports games at the same time.

Unfortunately, i've kind of figured out that panasonic plasma's dont have PIP(except one 65") and i may have to sacrifice something. but im feeling like a spoiled kid and i really do, Want It ALL!

is there any way to get PIP on a TV that doesn't have it?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Thanks matrix, i was actually really looking into the G10. only one issue, no PIP.

I dont know why but im very adamant about picture-in-picture. it just seems like a must for gamers. anytime there is a laod screen or if you're waiting for an online game to connect or installing some update, you can just switch to PIP mode and watch something while keeping an eye on the game screen. its also great for watching two sports games at the same time.

Unfortunately, i've kind of figured out that panasonic plasma's dont have PIP(except one 65") and i may have to sacrifice something. but im feeling like a spoiled kid and i really do, Want It ALL!

is there any way to get PIP on a TV that doesn't have it?
    I don't think you can get PiP on at tv without it. Does the Samsung Plasma have it?

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Well newegg has this 50 inch samsung plasma for $1399:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...UNG-_-89102306

They also have a 46 inch panasonic plasma for $1150:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889187122

Both are very good plasmas, you just have to decide if you want to get a 50 inch tv vs a 46 inch tv.

Samsung review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33573755.html

Pamasonic review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33497901.html
    ive heard great stuff about that panasonic tv. They've got some impressive features, i'd personally get that one

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a HDTV and there are two in mind but I want your opinions on both TVs.

My original choice is the Sony KDL40W5500U, it is a great TV with 100Hz Motionflow technology.

But then I saw the Sony KDL40V5500U which doesn't have Motionflow and is only 50Hz and has a lower contrast ratio than the Sony KDL40W5500U. And it is also cheaper but not by that much.

I would mainly use the TV for watching Sports in HD such as Football (Soccer) and Blu-Ray films and of course PS3 gaming.

So does the 100Hz Motionflow even work and is it even noticeable?

Cheers!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarg92 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a HDTV and there are two in mind but I want your opinions on both TVs.

My original choice is the Sony KDL40W5500U, it is a great TV with 100Hz Motionflow technology.

But then I saw the Sony KDL40V5500U which doesn't have Motionflow and is only 50Hz and has a lower contrast ratio than the Sony KDL40W5500U. And it is also cheaper but not by that much.

I would mainly use the TV for watching Sports in HD such as Football (Soccer) and Blu-Ray films and of course PS3 gaming.

So does the 100Hz Motionflow even work and is it even noticeable?

Cheers!
    yes it can have a beneficial effect on sports programming. It will reduce the motion blur, making it easier to see the fast paced action.

Hey everyone, Just bought a 2009 Samsung LN46B650! This TV has one of the nicest if not the nicest Pictures I have seen on a LCD. The black were absolutely crazy. I have read a ton of reviews on this baby and it is pretty much great reviews all around. I was a sony man but this tv has changed my opinion big time. It was between this and the Sony Bravia XBR line and for the money and Picture this was the winner hands down. I also added a swivel wall mount so I'm set. The only problem is that they were sold out in all their stores in the city so I have to wait a week or so to get mine. If you are in the market for a LCD this one is one the best out right now and is at a really good price. I got mine for $1800 canadian but in the States from amazon or best buy you can get this puppy for $1300 to $1500 dollars. You will not find a better tv for this price anywhere IMO. Has anybody else got this awesome TV?

Join this Group if you love JRPG's http://www.ps3forums.com/group.php?groupid=22
    Join This group if you love Metal
    http://www.ps3forums.com/group.php?groupid=74
    SO IT SHALL BE WRITTEN.......SO IT SHALL BE DONE

CrazyOvaBlu
    You can't go wrong with a Samsung.

C.O.B, out.

Superior Member
    I'm selling my Xbox 360 and crappy 26" Polaroid HDTV at the end of the month in order to buy a new 32" actual brand name HDTV. I'm looking at BestBuy.ca and found a few that have basically the same specs. There's an LG, Samsung, and a Sony. The dynamic contrast ratio of the Sony is significantly lower than the other two(13,000 for the Sony 30,000 for the LG, and 50,000 for the Samsung). Now I know static contrast ratio is the one to pay attention to, but I'm just wondering if that does actually make a difference. Which one should I go with?

Sig by Sn00pSta00 - Thanks!!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by imasnyper View Post
    I'm selling my Xbox 360 and crappy 26" Polaroid HDTV at the end of the month in order to buy a new 32" actual brand name HDTV. I'm looking at BestBuy.ca and found a few that have basically the same specs. There's an LG, Samsung, and a Sony. The dynamic contrast ratio of the Sony is significantly lower than the other two(13,000 for the Sony 30,000 for the LG, and 50,000 for the Samsung). Now I know static contrast ratio is the one to pay attention to, but I'm just wondering if that does actually make a difference. Which one should I go with?
    I'd go with the samsung tv. You should generally stick to sony and samsung lcd's. The samsung lcd has a better response time than the sony and has the most favorable reviews of all 3 tv's.

I will upgrade my current 32" Samsung (3 years old) to a 40" Sony Z5500 soon. The Bravia looks really sexy and is full of features (BE3, 200 Hz, DLNA, USB,...). Other candidates are the Sony Z4500 and the Samsung B750 (Z4500 very low input lag and very good IQ, B750 excellent IQ), both slightly cheaper (about 1000 € both) but I think the Z5500 has it all (or almost) and the 250-300 € extra are within reach.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by filstrup View Post
    I will upgrade my current 32" Samsung (3 years old) to a 40" Sony Z5500 soon. The Bravia looks really sexy and is full of features (BE3, 200 Hz, DLNA, USB,...). Other candidates are the Sony Z4500 and the Samsung B750 (Z4500 very low input lag and very good IQ, B750 excellent IQ), both slightly cheaper (about 1000 both) but I think the Z5500 has it all (or almost) and the 250-300 extra are within reach.
    I'd get the Samsung B750. It has the best PQ of all ccfl lcd tv's. It also has a ton of additional features. I don't think the extra $$$ for the sony is worth it. Plus I've read some reviews that mentioned the sony lcd's had a fluctuating back-light problem.

Yeah, I know the B750 is an excellent TV. I've seen it a couple of times and I was very impressed by the image quality it has. Actually it was my first choice till I began to make some research about which possibilities I had and take a look to some reviews. If I would use it only for TV-shows and DVD/Blu-Ray it would be my choice without any doubts. However I play some games and want to enjoy them without worrying about any issues with lag or picture quality (from what I heard and read, in game mode the B750 has limited capabilities to set up the image, and if game mode is not activated the lag is noticeable). The Sony Z4500 is arguably one of the last year's best LCDs and one of the best LCDs for gaming overall and although it's a bit chunky I've considered it very seriously. The new Z5500 is still lacking some in deep review (see hdtvtest.co.uk) but from what I understand it has some very good PQ and an acceptable lag, so it seems to be what I'm looking for. Also I like its design with the slim bezel and the reduced depth in comparison with the Z4500. It's a bit expensiver (1350 against 1050 ) but it's all right.

SnowHawk
    Is the LG 50ps3000 a good tv to get????

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    Is the LG 50ps3000 a good tv to get????
    You could do better. Something like this:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?...d=Shopping.com

SnowHawk
    I only have 700 to spend.

Thread Information