Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw View Post
    So would ANY 120hz TV/ Monitor work for 3D?

[active shutter tech and stereoscopic 3D]
    Its a very simple question, that apparently no website answers .

From what I'm led to believe you need at least a 120HZ monitor/tv, so that 60HZ can be streamed to each eye.

But from there I'm not entirely sure what else is needed.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    Its a very simple question, that apparently no website answers .

From what I'm led to believe you need at least a 120HZ monitor/tv, so that 60HZ can be streamed to each eye.

But from there I'm not entirely sure what else is needed.
    I know!

Searched around and cant find prove to back up that statement at all!

For PC gaming you prolly need the Nvidia card with active shutter kit.

For blurays on PS3 you can use them via an FW update coming soon.

Super Elite
    Why didn't i think of going back to PS Blog sooner.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...tation.Blog%29

Apparently all you'll need with a PS3, is the firmware update, a 3D ready TV and the 3D glasses.

I do believe your right about PCs need the nVidia 3D Vision device.

Veteran
    Guys I had a question about a JVC LT-42E488 what do you guys think about it? (reflex, metfanant I'm looking to you here lol). Someone wants to trade it for my hitachi 50vg825.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Ok, I am finally ready to get a new HDTV. I Currently have a phillips 32in 1080i tv and im really interested in getting a sony. I was looking at this 32in xbr9. What do you guys think? Is there a better sony 32in i should look at?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL-32XBR9-32-Inch-1080p/dp/B001TKJ7XQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265214217&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: Sony BRAVIA XBR KDL-32XBR9 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV: Electronics[/ame]
    PSNID: bangax2

which to buy ?

Just wondering what to pick, stuck between a samsung ln52a650, or Sharp Aquos lc-52d82u, which would you guys suggest ?

Dedicated Member
    Samsung^^

I have a 100hz samsung but turn it off for gaming (Especially MW2 online) as it introduces noticable lag from all the processing!

LE40B652 model
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No X-Game voice chat?...I'll console myself with free online, blu-ray, browser and the best games

Hey everyone, hope you can help me out. I'm finally in the market for an HDTV, as I am ready to move on from my 36" SD TV. I've done a good amount of research on the 'net, and am exhausted. I feel more lost than when I started. What I thought I was looking for was an affordable 46-50" Plasma. I'll be sitting ~12 feet away in a moderate to small sized room, with only 1 window. Mainly I though plasma would be the best option because I mostly watch sports and play games, so it will be sufficient for fast-moving objects. Also, they're good for viewing at off-angles. NOW I'm going crazy because the more I read I find that "plasmas can heat up a small room" which might be concerning for me, and the energy costs are much higher than the LCD equivalents, which is a bummer. What to do?! My budget is equal to or less than (preferably less) $1000. I thought I was interested in one of these models:

Panasonic TC-P46S1 (~$800)
    Samsung PN50B550 (~$900)

So after reading more and more of course I find out that Panasonic plasmas now supposedly have "blacks that fade over time" and the Samsungs have an "audible buzzing sound". So what the heck should I do? Should I even stick with plasmas or should I start looking at LCD models, 120Hz LCDs, or even LEDs? Maybe just stick with my ole SD tube!!

Finally, I heard that 2010 models are coming out late February and/or early March, so would it be wise to wait and see if prices on 2009 models begin dropping?

Who knew this would be so nerve-racking!
    PSN ID: modelmp30.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    well don't pay attention to BS like "plasma it can heat a room" lol. my panasonic V10 is actually MUCH more cooler then the LCD is used to own.

"audible buzzing sound" - you will hear it on most of plasma displays because of the cooling fans but later models are much more quieter and you can only hear it when is dead silence in the room. if you use any audio it's impossible to hear it.

the "blacks that fade over time" is actually reported only on the model i own and only by some owners (allegedly the 2010 models will be the same). i wouldn't worry about it because it was reported only on ONE model, but mine actually increased it's black depth....

as from choosing between the two: check the http://reviews.cnet.com site. i consider them very fair with the reviews, but BE ADVISED: they are videophiles and will nitpick every aspect of the set.

go for plasma dude! this comes from a previous LCD owner who's seen the light now

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm finally planing to get Ready for Summer ( 3D ) and i'm saving to get The samsung UN55C7000 in the next couple of months hopefully.

Should i wait for the new B9000 metal finish or should i just save for the C7000?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthroll View Post
    well don't pay attention to BS like "plasma it can heat a room" lol. my panasonic V10 is actually MUCH more cooler then the LCD is used to own.

"audible buzzing sound" - you will hear it on most of plasma displays because of the cooling fans but later models are much more quieter and you can only hear it when is dead silence in the room. if you use any audio it's impossible to hear it.

the "blacks that fade over time" is actually reported only on the model i own and only by some owners (allegedly the 2010 models will be the same). i wouldn't worry about it because it was reported only on ONE model, but mine actually increased it's black depth....

as from choosing between the two: check the http://reviews.cnet.com site. i consider them very fair with the reviews, but BE ADVISED: they are videophiles and will nitpick every aspect of the set.

go for plasma dude! this comes from a previous LCD owner who's seen the light now
    Thanks a lot for the insight.

So I go down to Best Buy (pretty much the only place to get TVs around here) and I saw 2 that I liked: the Panasonic TCP50S14 plasma and the Toshiba 46xv645u LCD. Naturally, Best Buy had neither of them in stock, and they can't even order them. So now I am basically forced to buy a TV online because there is nowhere else to buy one in my area. I feel very wary about doing this, simply because if there is any kind of problem with the TV there is no easy way to return it! What a headache!

So for anyone:

Think I should go for the Toshiba 46" 46xv645u LCD or the Panasonic TCP46S1 for equal price?

And has anyone purchased their TV online? Is it an acceptable option? Thanks

One thing to keep in mind is that the S1 and S14 are last years model. These have already been replaced with the S2 for 2010. Personally I'd go with the Plasma just because I like the more natural look of Plasma but they do tend to look crappy under the bright lights of big box stores when compared to LCD's on torch mode.

Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    roobieroo is right, but still, in the dark or controlled light room the plasma is king.
    i've bought my Panasonic form the internet, excellent delivery and warranty is 2 years, no problems what so ever, i even saved 400 euro because on the internet it was way cheaper than in the store. btw i live in Italy and the TV arrived from France !!! so don't worry about that.

i say Ebay an LG LH90

helpmeoprah
    sony bravia, all the power saving options make it so it barely uses any power and i use the tv all day!

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Hey guys, need some help. Already made a thread about it here but no one replied http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242023

Basically, I want the best TV for gaming (and sports and movies). My only real requirement is Picture-in-Picture because I think being able to play a game which doesn't require my full attention while watching a show would just be great. I hear plasmas are best for sports and gaming and I'd get a Panasonic, but they dont have PiP. In fact the only plasma that seems to feature PiP is the samsung .

does anyone have any better suggestions or tips? price range is under 1,500 (more like 1,200 max) and 46-50".

Thanks! + rep for good help.

Master Poster
    I have a Samsung Plasma with PiP. However, the only option for the other input is a coaxial, so it is not ideal. But it does work.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by grcswoosh View Post
    I have a Samsung Plasma with PiP. However, the only option for the other input is a coaxial, so it is not ideal. But it does work.
    What do you mean the only option for the other input is coax? You cant PiP the HDMI from my PS3 to whatever my cable box uses? The TV comes with a built in HDtuner right?

Do you ever use the PiP feature? I just want to be able to play games duruing like commercials but use the small screen to see when the show/sport is back on. You can do this right?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    What do you mean the only option for the other input is coax? You cant PiP the HDMI from my PS3 to whatever my cable box uses? The TV comes with a built in HDtuner right?

Do you ever use the PiP feature? I just want to be able to play games duruing like commercials but use the small screen to see when the show/sport is back on. You can do this right?
    Correct.

I think he means you can only do pip between a tv souce (cable/sat. through coax) and another input. You can't do pip with dvd through component and your ps3 through hdmi.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    oh dang. Well as long as I can watch my comcast cable and play my ps3 at the same time I should be fine (i can do that right?)

btw swoosh, what model is your samsung?

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    oh dang. Well as long as I can watch my comcast cable and play my ps3 at the same time I should be fine (i can do that right?)

btw swoosh, what model is your samsung?
    Samsung HP-T4254. It is an older 42' model at only 720p but it is very nice looking and you could probably get it dirt cheap now. They also have larger of this series.

MATRIX2 was correct. You do not get to choose between any 2 inputs. One must always be the coaxial input. You can do what you mentioned. It even allows for a split screen pip, but this isn't so great for gaming as most games are widescreen now.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I tried searching them but didn't find what I was looking for about gaming on them. Do you know which is best to game on or should I just skip out on all 3? I don't have a clue about tv's

SANYO 42" Class Plasma 720p 600Hz HDTV, DP42740

Vizio 37" Class 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV, E370VL

Vizio 37" Class Eco 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV, VO370M

edit:I'm on a $500 before tax budget
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-22-2010 at 02:08.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I tried searching them but didn't find what I was looking for about gaming on them. Do you know which is best to game on or should I just skip out on all 3? I don't have a clue about tv's

SANYO 42" Class Plasma 720p 600Hz HDTV, DP42740

Vizio 37" Class 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV, E370VL

Vizio 37" Class Eco 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV, VO370M
    I'd go for this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=9761059

or:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=9788583

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ahh crap. I left out that I'm on a $500 before tax budget. Any more recommendations? I hate to feel like a bugger.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    ahh crap. I left out that I'm on a $500 before tax budget. Any more recommendations? I hate to feel like a bugger.
    THen I'd get either that 37 inch vizio or that 42 inch panasonic you posted earlier, depending on what screen size you prefer.

Thread Information