Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Gta 4 online problem

Okay so I've played gta4 online for a pretty long time today and managed to level up, but then while customizing my character the game froze and now I'm back to where I was money wise, but the wierd thing is I still have some of the unloked items like my head says 9/8 which is wierd. Does this game not keep track of stats through a server because that seems weak, and do you think that it will fix itself like those early warhawk stat problems. Thanks for your advice feel free to post similar situations. I like playing gta online but I always hate having to redo stuff, it's not a big deal but It still bothers me.

Super Elite

can u customize ure guy completley?.. i have the lil short asian guy still

Superior Member
    I don't know what you mean kraze, I guess. After I created this thread I got back on later and leveled up again, AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN lol. If you're playing for unlockables you better be prepared for the worse, am I seriously the only one this has happened to.

Forum Elder
    i didnt even know you can level up lol but you might as well just wait for R* to fix these dam servers

Superior Member
    Lol, if you couldn't level up this game would have the worse customization options ever, but yeah you see alittle message when you do. I don't think I'm gonna wait I can deal with the guy/chick options I have now.

Forum Elder
    you might as well forget about the customisation and just have fun!!!!

Superior Member
    At least you can get online at all...
    R.I.P. Tom Clancy.

May you have many Commies to wage war upon in Valhalla.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by kalishnikov View Post
    At least you can get online at all...
    why cant you. have you ever played online

Superior Member
    Yeah I feel bad for you all having online problems, tis a sucky problem. Hopefully you can soon. Also I CAN'T FORGET, I'm the type of a-hole who loves to customize in games but that's good advice, I'm trying to just play for fun but I lost my headphones and that keeps reminding me of better days *sniff*.

Hey guys. i had the freezing problem but today i signed up with the social club and linked my psn id. so far i haven't had the freezing issue. Anzong, did you link your psn id and stuff. i don't want to think i have the problem fixed on one end just to run into to this down the line.

Superior Member
    No I didn't I'll try that It sounds like good advice. Also It happened again but this time I leveled up TWICE and it went back down to where it was, so I'm gonna take a break from gta online for acouple days since I've burnt myself out (especially on the co-op missions which I did to re-rank up). Thanks for the advice that sounds like it will work, hopefully I don't lose my stats again and can let this thread die, for me at least.

Catch it and W*nk
    whats the social club?????????
    PS360 owner
    Please feel free to visit my blog: http://gamersgaloreram.blogspot.com/ . It will contain numerous reviews to do with games, hardware and other fitting things. Thanks.

Superior Member
    It's a website that keeps track of all the registered gta players stats and has leaderboards. I just signed up a while ago, it's kinda cool but they don't have everything up yet. They do have best times for beating the game which were pretty crazy.

yea i beem having the same problem
    last night i had lvled up to lvl 2
    but then i tried to play this morning but i was back to 1
    as for the customization, in hangman's noose, deal breaker, and bomb da base u get random characters
    Life is like a conveyor belt...

bobTom37
    imy stats also reset, but my bigger problem is i cant get into any ****ing games. you have lost connection with one or more players.....

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by bobTom37 View Post
    imy stats also reset, but my bigger problem is i cant get into any ****ing games. you have lost connection with one or more players.....
    I have the same problem but i still get into games but R* need to fix it

Superior Member
    I sent an email to R* (social club) and they responded extremely quickly. It seems they are aware of the problem and are trying now to fix it (tirelessly as they put it), so after my hiatus hopefully it'll be fixed. It was nice they responded so quickly, I feel I was sent a cookie cutter response but it was still cool. They didn't say anything about the other problem but they're probably trying to fix that too. Still bothered though hopefully they fix it soon, I may just go back to cod4 anyways; I feel like until my friends get this game online won't be that great.

Forum Elder
    why dont you play story mode instead

Superior Member
    Believe it or not I already beat story mode, took a really long time and I enjoyed it thoroughly so I probably won't re-do it for at least some months, though I always keep save files to replay the fun missions. So I might I guess.

Anyone having trouble playing online for gta4? I keep getting this message when I join a game. " The connection to one or more players has been lost. Returning to single player press x." This happens 99% of the time. The odd thing is that all my other games work great. Had zero problems with call of duty 4 or even madden 08. Mlb the show works great also. Any suggestions......

Thread Information