Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

I would probably buy BioShock of it came out on the PS3. Maybe not right away but eventually I would pick it up! I tried to play it on my PC but I needed to upgrade my graphics card first, which I never did! I did play it at my brothers house, and from what I played and watched it seemed good!

I wont beleive it (or beleive it) until I hear something official though!

Do you guys think this would be a blow to MS? I know it wont be effecting their sales now but if the PS3 gets Bioshock 1 then there is a possibily Bioshock 2 will be muilti plat on launch date!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SerinousTSE View Post
    This game has so many good ratings and won many gaming awards. But i played it on 360 (although not through the whole game), but i personally disliked it. Hopefully they will make the PS3 version better? However, that's very unlikely. lol.
    I didnt like it much on the PC,but i loved it on my 360,i guess it might depend on the mood your in aswell.
    doubt there will be a big noticable difference betwen the 360 and ps3 version though.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfyre View Post
    I really doubt that Bioshock is coming to the PS3, didn't 2K games flat out deny that it was coming to the PS3? Seriously, this is almost as bad as the rumors about MGS4 going to the 360.
    Yup. I think the Bioshock team is tired of coming out and dispelling this rumor every other week, lol.

Calis
    I'd get it first day if it came to the PS3. Mass Effect as well.

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Bioshock 2 has been moved to 2K Austin from 2K Boston, from what I hear, so I'm thrilled the PS3 version has landed there as well. Bioshock did some great stuff on 360, but suffered from some graphical, control, story, puzzle and design issues everyone was too flipping ga-ga -- possibly thanks to MS promotional effort -- to note in reviews. I expect to see much of this addressed and will gladly play this one all all over again, as Irrational/2K Austin gets ups to speed for dual-platform development of Bioshock 2 by porting the original Bioshock to PS3.
    So you've pretty much listed every aspect of the game as having issues. Care to elaborate?

But you know, enhanced visuals on an inferior graphics box like PS3? Wow. What magic will they perform to manage that?
    An extra year of development to yield possibly better results? Shocking.

p.s. Mass Effect. Follow the money. If MS paid for development and therefore owns the brand/IP, you will never see it on PS3. Like Gears of War, the original and Gears of War 2 (I have no idea where the IP goes after the original 2-game agreement, which MS financed, but I expect they at least hold the "Gears of War" brand name). If it was just one of these "Only on Xbox 360 and Windows PC" titles, it could easily turn up, if the dev and publisher see money in it. Believe, when MS gets and an exclusive they scream EXCLUSIVE!!!! Not some marketing speak. Mass Effect, I was busy with the other three quarters of my life, so I haven't been chasing the money, so I don't know. Also, it is MMO. So it's online multi, which puts a faster lifespan clock on it, but it's massively multiple, which creates a whole world or universe for the intrepid, avid player, extending that shorter lifespan somewhat to a lot. But if there's no MS money claw sunk in the IP, then right now, offhand, I'll call it 50/50 we see a PS3 version of Mass Effect.

What on earth are you going on about in this paragraph?

Superior Member
    I think it could be a good move, the game was one of those that everyone highly rated, but it didn't sell as well as other such games, and being on another console could give it a deserved sales boost. I do not think this will happen though as it's probably quite difficult to port.

What on earth are you going on about in this paragraph?
    Yeah he seems to contradict himself saying that Microsoft scream exclusive but then it's 50/50 to not be.

Super Elite
    Wow...This would be late if they did plan to release it, I just recently finish the game on pc. Man was the game scary.

Superior Member
    I'd prefer not have overrated crap actually. If you actually want a compelling story wait for Team ICO to produce.

But I would like Mass Effect, that at least has depth to it, and has taken some effort. Bioshock seems to be a steampunk faux emotional experience.

Wow you have to watch one cut scene... how revolutionary and artistic.... Yes please note the sarcasm.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Dedicated Member
    awesome game on the 360, a game PS3 FPS fans should definetly try.

I am on the fence with this, I don't see it happening right now. That being said as user bases grow for both consoles, devs without set in stone contracts would be crazy not to expand the sales for their IP's...

Tekken Elder
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Nunalho View Post
    It has been confirmed, check it out: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-148348.aspx
    It is not confirmed till it comes from Take Two. Magazines have done things in a similar fashion before and being wrong.

Tekken Elder
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Gotmilk
    posted this 3 months ago was in the offical ps3 mag for the uk

Veteran
    This was the game that made me buy a 360. Glad to hear that some of the more stubborn PS fans will be able to enjoy it now.

The game was ok the graphics are awsome but the game play gets real repetitive in a way that makes you wish the game ended faster. It's usually the other way around for a game that looks as good as bioshock does. I did play it on the pc so the graphics were top notch.

Superior Member
    Great game, loved the story and the RPGish elements it had, as well as the whole setting and environment. Probably just a rental though because you can easily finish this game in one weekend, and there isn't a whole lot that makes you want to play it through again.

Still, it's good news if it does come to the PS3, I think it's a game that every FPS fan should experience.

Superior Member
    I played Bioschock on PC and it definitely was one of best games I ever played... it's great that is coming to PS3, even if it's over a year late.

This is certainly done to get PS3 users ready for Bioschock 2 that is coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    I didn't like this game at all. The graphics were nice though. Too basic to be called an RPG IMO.

Played it on a PC.

Elite Guru
    Ahhh the fun I just had reading all those posts going on about "It is NOT coming to PS3 -this is teh liezzzzz!!!"

Apprentice
    If itagaki was't so stubborn and would bring NG2 to the ps3, I'd probably seriously consider getting rid of my 360 right now.

Elite Guru
    Nahh... the 360 Still has some good games that will probably never see the light of day on the PS3. Stuff like Gears of War, Halo, PGR spring to mind as reasons to own a 360 still. Now if only they could sort out that bloody noisy fan!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    Nahh... the 360 Still has some good games that will probably never see the light of day on the PS3. Stuff like Gears of War, Halo, PGR spring to mind as reasons to own a 360 still. Now if only they could sort out that bloody noisy fan!
    That is very true for some. But those games don't really appeal to me any more. Halo 3 was a huge letdown for myself. Halo wars and probably Banjo 3 are the only other things that I really can see myself wanting right now.

Superior Member
    I've really wanted to play this, awesome. I'll probably rent it first though, I need games with good replay value (don't get me wrong I loved assassin's creed and drakes fortune but I don't have the money to buy every cool game).

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Ivan View Post
    I played Bioschock on PC and it definitely was one of best games I ever played... it's great that is coming to PS3, even if it's over a year late.

This is certainly done to get PS3 users ready for Bioschock 2 that is coming.
    I've said the same thing foe ninja Gaiden Sigma!!!!

Thread Information