Apprentice

The X-Files Complete Series - Blu-Ray??

I love the X-Files, and I am looking into buying the complete series, but I do not want to buy them on DVD if the Blu-Ray version of the series will be coming out.

I've done a Google search, and I've quasi-searched the forums, so if it's been posted I apologize, but does anyone have any information on a Blu-Ray version of the X-Files series?

Please let me know! I've already purchased the first 2 seasons on DVD, and I want to hold off buying the rest of them until I know.

Thanks!
    Member of The Electrons!

Superior Member

You can expect the first X-Files movie to be released alongside its sequel during the holiday season, but as for a TV Season its possible...but unlikely. I'd wait it out a little longer though, because they might announce maybe the first season for the holidays, but that's about it.

Master Guru
    It won't be for sometime, do you know how much that thing would cost on Blu-Ray? Season 3 of Lost costs $79.99, could you image how much 9 seasons of the X-Files will cost? It won't be for sometime, I'd get them on DVD. Each season is $19.99, my Dad has almost all of them.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Apprentice
    I figure it will be expensive, but I think it would be worth it. The reason I ask is because I am considering buying this:

http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Comple...2602350&sr=1-1

I have purchased the first 2 seasons, but I found that the second season is missing an episode. The one I bought was the "slim-case" version of the season, and it is 6 discs, but it only has 24 of the 25 episodes. The box says that it contains 25 episodes, and the slim-case says that the 25th episode is on the disc. However, the disc label only has 4 episodes listed, and when I put the dvd in, there are only 4 episodes to view. It is missing the season finale! I heard that's not an issue with the regular box set.

Also, as I'm sure most of you feel the same way, I am trying to avoid buying anything on DVD, especially something that I like as much as the X-Files.
    Member of The Electrons!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by quickshot56 View Post
    I figure it will be expensive, but I think it would be worth it. The reason I ask is because I am considering buying this:

http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Comple...2602350&sr=1-1

I have purchased the first 2 seasons, but I found that the second season is missing an episode. The one I bought was the "slim-case" version of the season, and it is 6 discs, but it only has 24 of the 25 episodes. The box says that it contains 25 episodes, and the slim-case says that the 25th episode is on the disc. However, the disc label only has 4 episodes listed, and when I put the dvd in, there are only 4 episodes to view. It is missing the season finale! I heard that's not an issue with the regular box set.

Also, as I'm sure most of you feel the same way, I am trying to avoid buying anything on DVD, especially something that I like as much as the X-Files.

I'm the same way. I can't buy anything on dvd anymore.

I haven't heard anything, but I've been keeping my eyes out for something. I'm a huge x-files fan. Lol, I actually took a college course on the x-files. One of the best classes I've ever had.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow880 View Post
    I'm the same way. I can't buy anything on dvd anymore.

I haven't heard anything, but I've been keeping my eyes out for something. I'm a huge x-files fan. Lol, I actually took a college course on the x-files. One of the best classes I've ever had.
    THAT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME! I would have totally taken a class on the X-Files. I used to watch that show with my dad every week. It was the main reason I have always wanted to be an FBI agent. That and Scully was my first crush, but that's another story....

If you find any info on the series on Blu-Ray, please let me know (here or via PM)!
    Member of The Electrons!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by the_End View Post
    It won't be for sometime, do you know how much that thing would cost on Blu-Ray? Season 3 of Lost costs $79.99, could you image how much 9 seasons of the X-Files will cost? It won't be for sometime, I'd get them on DVD. Each season is $19.99, my Dad has almost all of them.
    :O where can I get them for 19.99?

I do not own all of them since I do have some other stuff to spend my money on but 20 bucks is pretty cheap for them, but I am a huge fan as well.

By the way I doubt they release the seasons on Blu-Ray but I'm pretty sure we might see The X-Files I Want To Believe movie on Blu-Ray.

Elite Guru
    It is unlikely that the first 4 seasons of x files will ever be shown in high definition as they were produced using a "broadcast quality" video tape. Presumably beta. Also it was shot in 4:3 aspect ratio.

The movie (and the sequel ) ought to get the high definition treatment and it would be possible to create full high definition renders of seasons 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

So maybe we'll get re mastered standard def versions of the first 4 seasons with a couple of discs per season, then full on high definition blu ray editions of seasons 5 to 9.

And both movies of course.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Man I would love to have the X-Files on Blu-ray, at the moment I have the whole series on DVD but have not watched it for some time. Now that HD has come along, it just makes everything else seem like a waste, even with upscaling, you won't get that true HD picture. But as someone has already stated, when it does come out, it will be very pricey...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    They should at least release a package with both movies on blu-ray.

By the way I haven't heard about The X-Files: The Revelations coming out on Blu-Ray.

Elite Guru
    http://www.xfiles.com/

I am officially excited!!!!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    :O where can I get them for 19.99?

I do not own all of them since I do have some other stuff to spend my money on but 20 bucks is pretty cheap for them, but I am a huge fan as well.

By the way I doubt they release the seasons on Blu-Ray but I'm pretty sure we might see The X-Files I Want To Believe movie on Blu-Ray.
    My Dad was picking them up at Best Buy/Future Shop here in Canada. Now Best Buy's website is ****ed up and showing seasons fro $113.99 o_O.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Thread Information