Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

error code 10080009

my ps3 wont connect to my headset even though it is registered and the ps3 can detect it. it keeps saying error code 10080009.

any suggestions?
    thanx

PSN id:Its-Shane

i hope someone can help me before i smash my ps3 into little pieces.

I bought a cheap motorola BT headset and it worked once b4 an update. I thought the headset went bad so today i bout a logitic usb headset and it worked for a few minutes on GTA4.......NOW it wont work at all.:gta:

In watching the screen where you set what input device to use and the logitic headset comes on and off and wont work at all(goes grey and then white constinaly)

Apprentice

Click on OK once it connects, it should hold then.

Quote Originally Posted by Live25 View Post
    Click on OK once it connects, it should hold then.
    thats not it.......the ps3 sees the headset and then doesnt then does then doesnt then does then doesnt

im trying to show that the ps3 is playing pika-boo with whatever headset i have....the logitech says on box that its FOR A PS3!

i just want to be able to talk to my buddies online

Apprentice

Are you setting the headphones to pair before or after you set the PS3 to scan? Try it both ways, maybe that will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Live25 View Post
    Are you setting the headphones to pair before or after you set the PS3 to scan? Try it both ways, maybe that will solve the problem.
    ive tried everything for the BT.....then i bought the LOGITECH thats corded due to it saying on box that its for a PS3. Now its doing same thing as the BT

its blinking on and off like im unplugging it and replugging it in(but im not):2gun:

ok, welp i plugged the logitech usb headset into my computer ans its doing the same thing as it was doing on the ps3........leading me to believe the new headset is junk. I feel like a dumbass because i threw my recipt away at buddies apts so i cant take the headsets back to store.:gta:

Apprentice

The store didn't log any info on you during the purchase? Do you not still have the box it came with? I'll bet you could still exchange it, or at least send it back to Logitech. Logi makes very high-quality peripherals, probably just a faulty unit that can easily be replaced.

BADTWR

motorola S9

how well does the motorola S9 bluetooth headset work with the ps3 i might pick one up today

Apprentice

I use the Motorola HT820 and have no problems. The S9 was released right about the same time and has the same profiles, shouldn't be a problem.

Ok I bought my brother a bluetooth headset for his bday and for some reason I cant get it to work with his ps3. Does bluetooth not work with optical audio or something? besides my ps3 being 60g and his being 40gb thats the only thing that is really different, he uses optical audio and I use hdmi.

The headset I bought him was a jabra bt4051 or something like that, it pairs fine but when I go into the settings to test mic and change volume it acts like it is muted and no sound shows up. I have his headset selected as the input device and everything. At first I thought maybe the headset was bad but when I brought it back to my house it fired up and worked fine.

Is there some sort of setting that he needs to turn on for it to work? I looked everywhere and couldnt find one. I dont see how having optical audio would make it not work but I dont know what else it could be.

Any Advise?

cant hear nothing!!

Hope someone out there can help...

I have successfully paired up a blutooth headset to my ps3. The mic works fine but i have nothing coming through on my ear piece. The headset works ok on a phone. And before you ask...yes the volume is on.

I am naturally short tempered when things dont go my way. last night the neighbours complained about my language!!!

please someone

Mark

I have a Jabra bluetooth device which I got with Warhawk and it worked fine with that game. I have been trying the same device with COD4 online but it seems not to work? I pair it with my PS3 and it's connected but when I go to join an online game on COD it doesn't find any games... When I turn it on once the game has started my game freezes and when I try to move it sort of judders back and forth but it's completely unplayable. It worked once but I've tried countless times since with no luck has anyone else had the same problem or know how to help me get it working?

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing that this is the right place to put this. If not I'm sorry.

Right, my headset stopped working. It was working fine a few hours prior, but when I go on Call of Duty, or a chat, my mates can hear me fine, but I can't hear them until I set my output to the default, which is the TV. Assuming my headset was a problem, I bought a new one, but It's done the same thing.

I'm annoyed about this, becuase I've no clue how to fix it. HELP!

EDIT: Also, I saw someone else saying that theirs stopped working after plugging it into a PC, which I believe mine did too. There's was also a Logitech...

Dedicated Member
    I Use a Motorola H375 it works perfectly.
    Easy access. Easy to pair.

PSN --> DahrkKill
    XBL GT --> DahrkKill Add me on xbox/ps3 if you can

Thank you very much, when I get a headset I can finally teach Metal Gear Online rookies more easily.

....Even if I am just level 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    OK, so not alot of people know how to do this, so i thought id share this with you. There are two types of headsets that can be used on the PS3. USB headsets, and Bluetooth headsets. Nearly all are compatable.

There are two ways a headset can be connected for use on the PLAYSTATIONŽ3 computer entertainment system.

Bluetooth

The PLAYSTATION 3 system is enabled with Bluetooth technology, which will accept Bluetooth wireless headsets. Sony Computer Entertainment Australia, Inc (SCEA) cannot guarantee every Bluetooth headset will register (or "pair") with the PLAYSTATION 3 system. We recommend contacting the manufacturer of the Bluetooth device to determine if it is compatible with the PLAYSTATION 3.

To enable the Bluetooth wireless headset on the PLAYSTATION 3, use the XMB on the PLAYSTATION 3's main menu to navigate to the Settings icon and then scroll down to the Accessory Settings. Select the Register Bluetooth Device option to register (or "pair") the Bluetooth-compatible headset with the PLAYSTATION 3.

Once the headset is registered you will have to make adjustments in the Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings option before you can use the headset with compatible PLAYSTATION 3 format software.

NOTE: Bluetooth-compatible headsets will not work with PlayStationŽ2 format software titles. They will only work with compatible PLAYSTATION 3 format software titles and with the online Chat feature that is available to PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork users.

USB

Through the USB ports on the front of the PLAYSTATION 3 system, you may utilize a USB certified headset. Devices that are approved for use with the USB ports of the PLAYSTATION 3 system must either be made by SCEA or be USB certified. Typically, a USB certified product will have the official USB logo on the package, manual or on the "belly" label of the product itself.

The USB headset (for the PlayStationŽ2) that was released by SCEA is compatible for use with the PLAYSTATION 3 system. Other PlayStation released items that can be used range from the Eyetoy Camera, Singstar Microphones and 3rd party USB headsets will also work (Please refer to the manufacturer or manual for this information).

To enable the USB headset on the PLAYSTATION 3, use the XMB on the PLAYSTATION 3's main menu to navigate to the Settings icon and then scroll down to the Accessory Settings and select the Audio Device Settings. Once the USB headset has been connected you will be able to select your Input Device as the name of the headset and the Output Device will then mirror this as the name of the Headset.

Hope this helps you to get your headset working, so you can flame and talk over the next to your other friends!
    So did the thing with the output and input (USB Headset Btw, Vantage (Logitech)). But the sound still comes from my TV. The talking works tho. Can anyone help? (I want the sound through my headset, not my tv)

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoenNL View Post
    So did the thing with the output and input (USB Headset Btw, Vantage (Logitech)). But the sound still comes from my TV. The talking works tho. Can anyone help? (I want the sound through my headset, not my tv)
    Delete the Logitech Vantage from your BT device list and reset the headset, re-pair the headset and check that the headset is selected as both output and input device, you should now be paired properly and you should be able to hear people on your headset hear piece and not your TV.
    Now if you are talking about game audio, you are out of luck my friend, that is just not possible.

• [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Producer, cameraman and Video/Audio Editor of Black Hawk Down Socom3 style.
    Voted Best Socom video on (the now closed) socomvideos.com.
    Ah, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodia View Post
    Delete the Logitech Vantage from your BT device list and reset the headset, re-pair the headset and check that the headset is selected as both output and input device, you should now be paired properly and you should be able to hear people on your headset hear piece and not your TV.
    Now if you are talking about game audio, you are out of luck my friend, that is just not possible.
    Oh thanks, I was trying to get the game audio through my headset :') Thanks

So from what I understand if I got the Sennheiser PC166, I would be able to use the mic but no sound from the headphones correct? Any idea if Sony plans to change this. I would like a stereo headset to use when the wife and kids are asleep. I would prefer not to need my stereo on to use the headphones. My LCD TV uses DVI, so the TOSLink is used for the surround sound. From what I'm hearing with the SOCOM headset, I should be able to use my stereo for the headphones and use the bluetooth as a wireless mic basically. This works for me but not ideal. Is this correct?

i bought a jabra bt3010 for ps3. I paired it or registered and tried going into settings to test, but nothing happens there. I can see the bar for the mic sensitivity go up when i talk, and i can't hear anything, the sound comes from tv. I put it to bluetooth for output and input. Any help guys?

thank you

i have a 220 plantronics headset, it paired fine but when i start cod4 it wont work. there is no speaker next to my name. then when i check it, it says is is connected.
    i had a motorola 500 that worked ok but it got stept on.

headsetq

thanks dude, will look at this in detail later

head sets

i have a question...i have a head set that works on all my ps3 games. but if i got linux and loaded world of war craft [ if thats even possible] woulod the headset work on wow

Apprentice
    it took me ages to work out how to use my bluetooth headset, i got the instructions from the internet lol
    PS360 OWNER
    XBL: Iio Raz oiI
    PSN:Raz1986

Thread Information