Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

I just bought the Gio Tech Bluetooth Headset and I can't get it to work. My 60GB Playstation 3 doesn't say "register bluetooth devices", it says "manage bluetooth devices" and it goes straight to the scanning screen not the screen that gives you three things to choose from for example the "register headset option." What am I doing wrong. I've followed all of the instructions in the quick set up guide.

official Sony headest

I have the headset that comes with Socom and it will not work with my computer. I have a bluetooth adapter for my computer and I tried it with both Vista and XP. It simply won't find the headset when I am searching for devices.

Provehito in Altum
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingus12 View Post
    I have the headset that comes with Socom and it will not work with my computer. I have a bluetooth adapter for my computer and I tried it with both Vista and XP. It simply won't find the headset when I am searching for devices.
    Are u sure that the headset is in "Pairing Mode" because it won't be found if it isnt!

:2gun:
    Rangers - Arsenal - Real Madrid - Loyal

Dedicated Member
    IF it helps, the headset i bought works PERFECT with the ps3, really easy to pair with ps3 and easy to use

Motorola H375

PSN --> DahrkKill
    XBL GT --> DahrkKill Add me on xbox/ps3 if you can

i bought a MAX ( i think, some thing like that with MAX in its name any way) blue tooth headset which is designed for the ps3 it paired fine but i can hardly make out a thing people say. Is this a common problem or something im doing wrong.

i have a fast broadband connection 8mg down 1mg up, ps3 connected to a belkin wireless router wirelessly.

if some one can tell me if im doing something wrong or if give me a pointer in the wright direction i would be really greatfull.

thanks rich

I just got a ps3 and i plugged in an hdmi chord, and the screen comes up and says "an hdmi device has been detected, would you like to play audio and video using hdmi?" and it says yes or no. i chose yes, but then the screen went black and the system did nothing. what do i do? what is hapening?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by McNiggle View Post
    I just got a ps3 and i plugged in an hdmi chord, and the screen comes up and says "an hdmi device has been detected, would you like to play audio and video using hdmi?" and it says yes or no. i chose yes, but then the screen went black and the system did nothing. what do i do? what is hapening?
    You could try resetting your ps3 picture by when you switch your ps3 on on the console keep your finger down until it beeps a second time, usually between 5 and 10 seconds, let go and see what happens. If it doesn't work post again.

You know, you're posting this in the headset thread, right above this thread is another thread called PS3:Ask a question thread which might be a more appropriate place to post this question.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Superior Member

hey guys, i purchased a motorola h500 bluetooth headset... i'm waintg for it to be delivered... i have a question..
    can i hear the whole game sound on it, or just the other people witch have microphone speaking?

Charging on a regular usb 2.0 port??

I just picked up the so-com/bluetooth headset combo, and I'm wondering if I can do the initial charge on the headset using my laptops usb port, or possible even my iPods a/c adapter?

The reason being that both usb ports on the ps3 are doing the initial charge on my 2 dual shock controllers.

Also, how long do I need to charge for, and how long does the charge last. I think I read on here somewhere that the controllers will run for 30 hours, is that right... I hope so, that's awesome!

Anyways great forum, I've been reading on here for a couple weeks and just signed up today when i bought my ps3 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by toyota h8r View Post
    thats not it.......the ps3 sees the headset and then doesnt then does then doesnt then does then doesnt

im trying to show that the ps3 is playing pika-boo with whatever headset i have....the logitech says on box that its FOR A PS3!

i just want to be able to talk to my buddies online

Thats exactly the problem that I'm having. I have a samsung wep200. It pairs up sometimes....sometimes it doesnt. I have to re-pair it (holding down on it till the light goes solid while searching)....then sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont. Sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times.

Heres a question i havent seen answered. Are there any BT headsets that dont do this? Are there any BT headsets that have worked flawlessly with the ps3? Do I need to go buy the ps3 brand headset? Cause this is super annoying.

Yo guys im new hear so still tryin to find ma way round... Ive been having problems with my headset recently, it was fine a few days ago but now it doesn't work with Cod5. I checked my internet connection to check it wasnt that an it says that I may have problems with communication with some games. I don't understand why one day it was working next day it wasn't. If someone could mail me with some help that'd be gr8, oh good furum by the way im very impressed....probably be even more impressed when i know my way round
    CHESTER CITY
    FOOTBALL CLUB

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FOL3YF3LLA View Post
    Yo guys im new hear so still tryin to find ma way round... Ive been having problems with my headset recently, it was fine a few days ago but now it doesn't work with Cod5. I checked my internet connection to check it wasnt that an it says that I may have problems with communication with some games. I don't understand why one day it was working next day it wasn't. If someone could mail me with some help that'd be gr8, oh good furum by the way im very impressed....probably be even more impressed when i know my way round
    Did you make sure the headset was on and workign before you entered the game? Sometimes if I just turn on my PS3, my headset won't connect so I have to manually connect it via 'Accessories.' Even then sometimes I enter a game (eg - COD:WAW) and it still doesn't work. So I quit game, return to 'Accessories' and start again until I get it to work thus concluding my 'lay-man's guide to getting your headset to work.'

On a slightly unrelated note, I miss Jack. This thread is just one example of how amazing that boy was, yet we drove him to N4G. Legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysivich View Post
    Did you make sure the headset was on and workign before you entered the game? Sometimes if I just turn on my PS3, my headset won't connect so I have to manually connect it via 'Accessories.' Even then sometimes I enter a game (eg - COD:WAW) and it still doesn't work. So I quit game, return to 'Accessories' and start again until I get it to work thus concluding my 'lay-man's guide to getting your headset to work.'
    soz didn't explain the problem very well. It works fine on all my other games, I can hear people and they can hear me, but on CoD5 people can hear me but I cant hear them, even if my headset is disconnected no sound comes through the TV. Ive also tryed maually reconnecting my headset already.
    CHESTER CITY
    FOOTBALL CLUB

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FOL3YF3LLA View Post
    soz didn't explain the problem very well. It works fine on all my other games, I can hear people and they can hear me, but on CoD5 people can hear me but I cant hear them, even if my headset is disconnected no sound comes through the TV. Ive also tryed maually reconnecting my headset already.
    Then I have no idea haha. Maybe it's something to do with the COD output device? Aside from that, I'm sort of out of my depth. Sorry bud, I hope somebody else can be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysivich View Post
    Then I have no idea haha. Maybe it's something to do with the COD output device? Aside from that, I'm sort of out of my depth. Sorry bud, I hope somebody else can be more helpful.
    Thanks anyway
    CHESTER CITY
    FOOTBALL CLUB

aaronbudgell
    I'm on my third "official PS3 headset" that came with Socom confrontation. They work fine for a few days and then they will not turn on. The red light flashes to show that it is charging, but when the flashing stops and I try to use it (by holding in the power button to turn on) it never turns on. This ismy third one. Ive returned the game+headset 2 times before and yet again it doesn't work. Any body know why?

Can't hear own voice. Intentional behavior?

Just got the official Sony headset. I noticed I am unable to hear myself in-game (with two sudden and short lived exceptions) in World at War.

Although I wouldn't want to hear myself rant all day, it would be nice to hear my own voice so that I'd be able to check the settings. I.e. is the mic too loud/sensitive so other players hear my shots fired, which I personally find annoying.

My question: does anybody know whether your own voice intentionally gets blocked out or whether this is something strange? On PC with all the sets I had, you could hear yourself in COD. Which allowed for changing settings on the fly. If this behavior is intentional, this might just be the reason why voice chat on WaW gets so irritating at times; no-one realizes their mics are actually configured wrong and picking up lots of noise!

Thanks.

Superior Member
    Nice Guide really helped me.

Superior Member
    Thank you, I'm tired of using the USB headset. Im going to see if my Mom's bluetooth works, and if it does, my headset is going straight to Play&Trade.
    Platinum/100%: -Fallout 3- -Call of Duty: World at War- -Bioshock- -Modern Warfare 2- -Bioshock 2- -Bioshock: Infinite- -Call of Duty: Black Ops-

A guy in GameTraders told me that the last update removed the ability to use any blue tooth headset so that only the official PS version will work.

Is there any truth to this rumour?

Found out myself by buying a BT headset Motorola HS350. Works pefectly.

Bloke in shop must have been trying to sell me one of the two battered old warhawk packs he had.

Apprentice
    very useful piece of information ! thanks

I'ved Been Wondering For A While, Is There Anyway Of Getting Sound From TV Speaker To Play Through The Bluetooth Headset, Because I Want To Be Able To Hear The Game, But Not Bug Anyone With Shooting, Shouting, Explosions And Other General Gaming Sounds

Headset wont work in COD4 private match

My friend and I have bought headsets for the PS3. Mine is a PS headset, his is a cheaper headset. When we are in the private match lobby we can hear one another ok, however, when we start the game I can not hear him and he can not hear me. I am finding this really annoying. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    My friend and I have bought headsets for the PS3. Mine is a PS headset, his is a cheaper headset. When we are in the private match lobby we can hear one another ok, however, when we start the game I can not hear him and he can not hear me. I am finding this really annoying. Any suggestions?
    it might be your mates headset that happend to mehe might have to take it back to were he got it and tell them the problem thnks

Thread Information