Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Jack007

A guide on How To Use Headsets on PS3

OK, so not alot of people know how to do this, so i thought id share this with you. There are two types of headsets that can be used on the PS3. USB headsets, and Bluetooth headsets. Nearly all are compatable.

There are two ways a headset can be connected for use on the PLAYSTATIONŽ3 computer entertainment system.

Bluetooth

The PLAYSTATION 3 system is enabled with Bluetooth technology, which will accept Bluetooth wireless headsets. Sony Computer Entertainment Australia, Inc (SCEA) cannot guarantee every Bluetooth headset will register (or "pair") with the PLAYSTATION 3 system. We recommend contacting the manufacturer of the Bluetooth device to determine if it is compatible with the PLAYSTATION 3.

To enable the Bluetooth wireless headset on the PLAYSTATION 3, use the XMB on the PLAYSTATION 3's main menu to navigate to the Settings icon and then scroll down to the Accessory Settings. Select the Register Bluetooth Device option to register (or "pair") the Bluetooth-compatible headset with the PLAYSTATION 3.

Once the headset is registered you will have to make adjustments in the Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings option before you can use the headset with compatible PLAYSTATION 3 format software.

NOTE: Bluetooth-compatible headsets will not work with PlayStationŽ2 format software titles. They will only work with compatible PLAYSTATION 3 format software titles and with the online Chat feature that is available to PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork users.

USB

Through the USB ports on the front of the PLAYSTATION 3 system, you may utilize a USB certified headset. Devices that are approved for use with the USB ports of the PLAYSTATION 3 system must either be made by SCEA or be USB certified. Typically, a USB certified product will have the official USB logo on the package, manual or on the "belly" label of the product itself.

The USB headset (for the PlayStationŽ2) that was released by SCEA is compatible for use with the PLAYSTATION 3 system. Other PlayStation released items that can be used range from the Eyetoy Camera, Singstar Microphones and 3rd party USB headsets will also work (Please refer to the manufacturer or manual for this information).

To enable the USB headset on the PLAYSTATION 3, use the XMB on the PLAYSTATION 3's main menu to navigate to the Settings icon and then scroll down to the Accessory Settings and select the Audio Device Settings. Once the USB headset has been connected you will be able to select your Input Device as the name of the headset and the Output Device will then mirror this as the name of the Headset.

Hope this helps you to get your headset working, so you can flame and talk over the next to your other friends!

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice one, mate, should help out a fair few people.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Apprentice
    Thanks Jack for making this. I was asking around about this, but was being ignore by a lot of people in here. I gave you a + rep.

Master Sage
    I moved this to the right section and found it as a helpful guide so i stickied it.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Jack007
    Thanks alot soldier one, no problem at all guys

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Thank you, and + rep.

I have never used headsets for PS3, because I was never in a clan, until recently. I am planning to play MGO with my clan, and will be using a headset. This thread is definitely helpful.

Apprentice

I take it since my Optical Cable is still plugged in, it overrides my USB headset?

I changed these settings to Logitech USB Headset and I see no change at all. Do I need to reboot or reset the system?
    Current predictions: Gas Prices going up soon - Taxes going up - Price of energy UP - Summer '09 -
    End Result: Chaos - Typed 01-04-2009
    Games:
    - GTA4 - FC2 - Vegas2 - Fallout 3 - COD5 -

What is confusing about this info (which is exactly word for word what I get from Sony Customer Support on the issue) is that headset only VOICE audio is available through the headset. No in game, music or other things can be audible when using Bluetooth or USB headset.

For us that want sound from our PS3 directly to our headsets are out of luck.

Superior Member
    Is there anyway to register your bluetooth headset so that if you are in the middle of cod4 or any game that you can just switch it on and it will connect. My mates jabra one does it, i have a Motorolla one
    "You'll Never Walk Alone"
    Celtic F.C 1888

I just wanna know what the best headphones are dependant on reliance and Quality?

i have the saitek GH20 vibration headset and it has 2 jacks which i plug into my tv and i can hear the sound from my ps3 in my headphones but i also plug the usb into the ps3 but my headset is not picked up so i cant use the mic. can anyone help me?

Does PS3 support A2DP??anybody know?

Josh.H

im looking for a bluetooth headset. ive never had one before so i dont know which to buy can you help me please. its between the MGS4 limited edition headset or GioTeck Bluetooth Wireless Headset.

I bought a cheap one on buy.com for less than $15, it works great. I don't think that a fancy one is needed but if you want to get one I'm not going to stop you.

Josh.H

i just bought the giotech wirless bluetooth headset, i havent tried it yet but it doesnt feel right when i put it on its too loose. but hopefully the sound will be good and thats all i need.

BattleAxe
    Thanks for the info, But can anybody tell me which is the best headset to buy for reliability/performance, Been told any bluetooth device will work but i want to know like i have already stated as i have heard some bad feedback regarding crackling,etc!!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    Once the headset is registered you will have to make adjustments in the Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings option before you can use the headset with compatible PLAYSTATION 3 format software.
    Explain what kind of adjustments need to be made please.

RIP Oculus Rift

aaronbudgell
    does bluetooth 2.0 work with PS3?.....btk 200? I start scan, and it doesn't stop...

@ aaronbudgell

I bought a Motorola H375 and I was having the same problem to.
    It would begin to scan and never stop. Then I realized I had registered the headset first on my cell phone. So I had to turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, then the PS3 detected it.

So maybe you registered the headset on another device first.
    I guess it can only be registered on one device at any single time.

Thanx for info.. now I don't have to make any post about this.

This may be silly but I was wondering if I can use a Bluetooth Headset for 2 devices............?

I just recently bought an iphone and will be purchasing a Bluetooth headset for it: can I use the headset for both the PS3 and the iphone (not at the same time though)? Or is that NOT even a possibility?

Just trying to save a few bucks and NOT buy 2 of them when I can only use one of them at a time anyways..........

Thanks for the feedback gang!
    It is much harder to think about doing something then it is actually doing it!

My Bluetooth Giotek EX-01 sux bigtime, once i paired it i couldnt connect to it and now i have sorted that out im dissapointed with the build, it doesnt fit comfortably and sound is awfull.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by radic202 View Post
    This may be silly but I was wondering if I can use a Bluetooth Headset for 2 devices............?

I just recently bought an iphone and will be purchasing a Bluetooth headset for it: can I use the headset for both the PS3 and the iphone (not at the same time though)? Or is that NOT even a possibility?

Just trying to save a few bucks and NOT buy 2 of them when I can only use one of them at a time anyways..........

Thanks for the feedback gang!
    Yes, it's possible. Check compatibility before you purchase though. I use the Motorola HT820.

Quote Originally Posted by Live25 View Post
    Yes, it's possible. Check compatibility before you purchase though. I use the Motorola HT820.

Thanks I will check it out!

I did look at the one that Apple sells for eh IPhone3G but I was told is it ONLY made for the iPhone3G and will NOT work in anything else! So not sure if this is true or not! And at $159.99 Canadian, it does not come cheap to have to buy 2. But will check yours out this weekend.

Thanks again my Friend!
    It is much harder to think about doing something then it is actually doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMartin1967 View Post
    Is there anyway to register your bluetooth headset so that if you are in the middle of cod4 or any game that you can just switch it on and it will connect. My mates jabra one does it, i have a Motorolla one
    Hi i have a GioTeck Bluetooth Wireless Headset and once registered and set up on the 'Audio Devices' settings bit, it can ALWAYS be switched on mid game when playing COD 4 etc.

Hope yours can do the same!

Thread Information