Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would have to say that Red Faction 1 was much better than the 2nd one, mainly because of a longer and better single player, the destructable terrain was better than the 2nd, and the weapons were much more developed and cool than the 2nd. Second of all, I have not played Black yet, but I still want to and from what I have seen, it looks a little more destructable than Red Faction 1, but I doubt that in Black, hey used the ability to blow the crap out of things to achieve an objective or to get to an area/objective. So from what I have said and from my experience, Red Faction 1 is better than Red Faction 2 and Black.

Thanks VENGEFUL_BLUR for the avatar and spyrde for the sig!

Cogito ergo sum. - "I think, therefore I am."

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS
    I would have to say that Red Faction 1 was much better than the 2nd one, mainly because of a longer and better single player, the destructable terrain was better than the 2nd, and the weapons were much more developed and cool than the 2nd. Second of all, I have not played Black yet, but I still want to and from what I have seen, it looks a little more destructable than Red Faction 1, but I doubt that in Black, hey used the ability to blow the crap out of things to achieve an objective or to get to an area/objective. So from what I have said and from my experience, Red Faction 1 is better than Red Faction 2 and Black.
    Black holds a place on it's own. You shouldn't compare it with the Red Faction series. Because, RF is old, Black is new. No just kidding, they're totally different games. Black is pretty much for newbies. If you have a bad aim and like to see movie-like shootings then that game is definitely for you. It wasn't fun for me because I just shot everyone in their head, but when I saw my brother (<<<newbie) play that game, I realized that it was a newbie heaven.

The game made perfect sense and was actually fun to watch when he was playing because he kinda sucked but the game made HIS SUCKAGE really cool because he destroyed a lot of things and so it wasn't that he was "missing", it was "Hollywood-style" missing-the-bullets just like in Matrix. Even though neo and everyone else "missed" a lot, it still looked cool because there was all that smoke, destruction, and the sound of debris falling. Capishe?

Red Faction 2 is better... black is this short and repetative good looking FPS with no multiplayer.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PS3_Freak
    Red Faction 2 is better... black is this short and repetative good looking FPS with no multiplayer.
    Have you played black yet?

Killerbee
    I've played Black, and I liked it, but its not as good as Red Faction 2. Red Faction 2's story was cool. It really felt like you were in a Soviet style dictatorship which you were collapsing. And the shooting was super fun.

Dedicated Member
    I didn't like Black at all. I rented it wasn't impressed. The Graphics are nice, but the gameplay got terribly repetitive. I say Red Faction 2.

Legalize

I loved both games, but I want to see more Geo-Mod, so I'm pushing RF2 for my agenda, but also because I love it.
    Xbox 360 What? PS3 for life, or until PS4 comes out, whichever comes first. My PS2 is still my baby, though. Oh yea, go and listen to Soundgarden, Korn, Tool, Mudvayne, Godsmack, or Metal Church

Dedicated Member

I've played Black for a while and than just got bored. It added nothing new that would help the FPS genre. May vote goes to Red Faction

Elite Guru
    I played the demo of black on my xbox and definitely not impress with it. My vote go to Red Faction 2.

Super Elite

Personal matter -- please help in spare time :)

So my PS3 died. 2006 60g. it has something called "the yellow light of death" if you wanna look it up. it basically just shuts off right after booting, flashes a yellow light from the power indicator, then pulses red until you press the power button. either one peice of hardware is fried, or I'm gonna need an entirely new one.

either way, I was wondering how to go about this. My Prince of Persia disc is stuck inside (awesome game ), and I want to keep the hard drive. no warranty. I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone has. thanks in advance.

curryking1

Re: Personal matter -- please help in spare time :)

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. I'll send out an email on Monday along with some other issues that need to be dealt with to our Sony hardware contact. See if we can have this fixed for free.

Super Elite

Dude, I love you Thank you so much!

Sorry to hear it, I think my 2006 launch PS3 is on it's way out as well, It's been acting pretty strange lately and keeps freezing on RE5 loading screens.
    Dance Bunny Dance

Super Elite

Mine did that on the demo fairly often; probably just the hardware of the older versions.

Hmmmm perhaps it's a problem specific to RE5 and the older units, because it has never done this (and still doesn't) with any other game on my PS3.
    Dance Bunny Dance

Super Elite

The actual crash happened probably two weeks after I had deleted the RE5 demo, so it's most likely unrelated. I never dusted or moved it, so that definitely didn't help. At any rate, some hardware is fried and needs to be replaced. Kind of happy it's gone right now -- it makes me do so many more productive things with my time. I used it for a lot of media viewing, so that's where it stings the most right now...besides the fact that my HDD and Prince of Persia disc may be gone.

Hmmmm well I'll see what happens, supposedly this is a problem for a few people.
    Dance Bunny Dance

Dedicated Member

Unlucky that is, you expect this to happen with the Xbox 360, but not the PS3.

Super Elite

Yeah...hopefully Sony will pull through, otherwise I don't know if I'll ever get around to fixing it.

Doesn't the refurbished PS3 cost about 200 dollars? You send yours in and you get someone's PS3 that sent theirs in to get fixed before. At least that's how I understand it, it's a shame really.
    Dance Bunny Dance

Super Elite

Yeah, 170 bucks at least. It's a mad long process, too. The 2006 models are the best by far -- the newer versions cut corners like nobody's business: no extra card slots, only 2 USB slots, cheap gray plastic instead of silver, different hardware configuration, no PS2 compatibility, etc..
    I just want my hard drive and Prince of Persia disc...maybe they have an old 2006 model in cold storage somewhere, eh? Here's to wishful thinking

I'm sure it IS wishful thinking my friend, I love my 2006 model too, the chrome finish, all those USB ports, PS2 compatibility, SACD support! (thats big for me), it's just the best there is for the PS3.

I'm going through some troubleshooting steps right now to try and remedy my situation with my PS3 and Resident Evil 5, a real pain in the ass but I might have it fixed, seems it may have been the 160GB hard drive I put in it last year, I switched back the old 60GB hard drive and reformatted it, gonna test it out this evening.
    Dance Bunny Dance

Super Elite

Any info on this, Dave? Just wondering -- I'm not in any big hurry.

Thread Information