Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Is PS3 forums objective?

After being on this forum for a short period of time it seems to me that this forum and most people that participate must be on Sony payroll.

Am not trying to be disrespectfull or anything but its clearly obvious that any critism of Sony if even its constructive is oppossed. All such post are immediately locked which am very sure this post will be very soon.

Why can't anybody question Sony's strategies here. It's a bit suprising to see Americans rally strongly behind a Japanese company. Why are we doing this?

Am not a Sony, Microsoft or even Nintendo fan. Am a gaming fan. I like gaming plain and simple. And i think the competition between all these companies will benefit gaming as a whole no matter what company you follow.

If it wasn't for Sony playstation there would be no xbox and if it wasn't for xbox live Sony wouldn't be giving any thought to building an online service.

As all companies inovate the competition between them and the drive to make better products results in great gaming experience for all of us.

I just want to see Sony deliver. It will be very disappointing and will be a big blow to the ps fan base especially this site to have the ps3 comeout and not look and perform as hyped. Imagine seeing graphics that are not even remotely close to the killzone trailer. That will be a huge disappointmet.

I think its fair to demand that sony gives us information especially release dates, price etc so people could plan/save up. Personally am buying an xbox and plan on buying the ps3 when it comes out.

Unless PS3 forums is on Sony payroll it makes no sense to lock post that just question sony's strategy. We spend money and these consoles and games, we have the right to ask questions and hold these companies accountable.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I read half of your politically correct post. I think why sometimes things get locked is because they may be flame baits, even if they are constructive opinions or critisims. The idea that I've gotten so far is that, you don't wanna start anything. If it gets heated, it might get locked. Depending on the credibility of the original topic post or the current circumstances.

Superior Member

Funny, there was a post just before this,which said that this forum was secretly owned by MS.

Veteran
    Eh, let me break it down to you.

They broke rules themselves. Then the mods got mad. Now when a new comer does it. They start flaming like, " YOU BROKE THE RULESS!!!" and "OMG
    Geez people, let the mods and SMC do their own work. I don't think we need you. You just make the problem bigger.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Frustration

I think people are just frustrated with Sony hence all the bashing. Human beings have a very limited attention span and sony has been making all the waiting very hard by not releasing any information.

If the people that run this forum truly like sony they would tell them the truth and not behave like everything that sony does is right

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    If the people that run this forum truly like sony they would tell them the truth and not behave like everything that sony does is right
    We don't think and/or behave like that. When conversations turn to bitter insults and flame wars, the thread will be locked, regardless of people's views. You only have 3 posts and haven't been here long enough to even make a statement like that.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Question

Quick question moderators and everybody else.

If after all the hype the ps3 launches this spring and the graphics are not nearly as remarkable as the killzone trailer, and suppose they drop some features, wouldn't that be a huge disappointment and a failure on the path of sony.

Would you still beleive in sony if after all the promises they fail to deliver?

Forum Guru

Well, some people try to be objective.

If people didn't have to resort to making pointless replies about how pointless a thread is (oh, the irony ) or have vocabulary problems when debating, threads would stay open a lot longer. Threads don't get closed because they bash Sony; threads get closed because people in it don't seem capable of carrying on a civil conversation.

And shouldn't this be in Suggestions/Comments?
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian.

Elite Guru
    I don't know about everybody else, I for one will still believe in Sony. I have no reason not to and I believe Sony will deliver.

Administrator
    If after all the hype the ps3 launches this spring and the graphics are not nearly as remarkable as the killzone trailer
    This sentence right here bothers me greatly. I really don't care about the Killzone trailer. That was a year ago and that has been proven to pre-rendered "to spec", which means absolutely nothing for the PS3. There are games that look absolutely stunning that are coming out for both 360 and PS3. I still can't believe people are talking about Killzone. That's just one game. Move on.

and suppose they drop some features, wouldn't that be a huge disappointment and a failure on the path of sony.
    There are a lot of Sony fans that will stick with them no matter what happens and they have that right as gamers. There's no need to insult other people for their console choice. It is a free world, after all and life would be boring if there was only one console with no competition.

Would you still beleive in sony if after all the promises they fail to deliver?
    Every gaming company has created hype for their system to get people going. That's the nature of the business. There isn't one company that can be singled out for doing this and it's silly to believe otherwise.

Just sit back and relax. It's just games, nothing more. Enjoy them and stop worrying about all the details. There were days when consoles only played games. Now everyone is worried about which console has the most features. WHO CARES? It's still about the games, in my opinion.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Questions

And how do you guys feel about the fact that sony wont even give out a launch date or prices ate the very least so that die hard fans could start planning.

I mean if the console is say $700 a lot of people would have to save up that kind of money. If people knew that it would be $700 and it would launch in 4months they could start saving know.

This seems to me to be smart information to give out. If sony cant even tell their fans this information, then they are having problems which is putting the launch dates in jeopardy.

Also why does Japan has to be the first to launch. Why is the Japanese market so important. Am American and the US market is way more important that the Japanese market for any product. Japan is a small islan for crying out loud with less than 15million people if am correct. Why is a small island so important over the US doesnt make sense

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Hey there:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cera
    Well, some people try to be objective.

If people didn't have to resort to making pointless replies about how pointless a thread is (oh, the irony ) or have vocabulary problems when debating, threads would stay open a lot longer. Threads don't get closed because they bash Sony; threads get closed because people in it don't seem capable of carrying on a civil conversation.
    Yeah cera, you hit it right in the nail.
    People cant just help others when they do something wrong, for example:
    You post something already posted.
    Then someone instead of teling you where else to post, or how to make a search they say only pointless things like "this is going to be closed" or "this topic is pointless".

Come on, this is only a flame. If you really want the topic closed the best way possible without getting the poster mad or sad, you have to help him. Tell him where it was posted before, where to search and AFTER that, you SHOULD report it to the MODS, because many people say that MODS are not here and dont do anything.

We have 11 MODS, and we have 15 open forums. Inside every single forum, there are at least 3 or 4 popular topics, where people post every second.

MODS obviously cannot attend to such a big ammount of posts, so instead of flaming, help others explaining their mistakes, and then report the post.
    OVER.

See ya!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nextGen2k6
    And how do you guys feel about the fact that sony wont even give out a launch date or prices ate the very least so that die hard fans could start planning.

I mean if the console is say $700 a lot of people would have to save up that kind of money. If people knew that it would be $700 and it would launch in 4months they could start saving know.

This seems to me to be smart information to give out. If sony cant even tell their fans this information, then they are having problems which is putting the launch dates in jeopardy.

Also why does Japan has to be the first to launch. Why is the Japanese market so important. Am American and the US market is way more important that the Japanese market for any product. Japan is a small islan for crying out loud with less than 15million people if am correct. Why is a small island so important over the US doesnt make sense
    Heh, so to you, population and size makes a country important? If that's a case, MS and Sony should just launch their consoles in India and China.

Did you know that Japan alone bumped the Gamecube's sales to close to the Xbox?

Even Microsoft thinks Japan is important- for starters, it was one of the first countries to see a launch and Microsoft managed to get Mistwalker to make exclusive games. The 360 comes with a Harddrive as standard there.

And you have to be an idiot to think the PS3 is going to retail close to 700.
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian.

Japan

I just dont see why Sony plans on launching first in Japan. Sure the japs make good tv's, walkmans etc but the USA is the greatest country in the world and I make no apologies for saying that.

Sony should worry about launching first in the USA not Japan. We can make and umake Sony.

Administrator
    I don't feel anything. Some people are disappointed and others don't have such strong feelings about the situation.

If the console is $700 or more, Sony is going to do very poor come this generation. People buy consoles because they can't afford high end PCs. I'd still buy one because I have a job, but a large majority of PS owners are kids who have their parents buy them one...and if a kids asks for something that's $700 or more, that probably won't go over well.

Also why does Japan has to be the first to launch. Why is the Japanese market so important.
    Because it's a Japanese product...

Am American and the US market is way more important that the Japanese market for any product. Japan is a small islan for crying out loud with less than 15million people if am correct.
    You are very incorrect and their own economy is almost equivalent to ours. They are a multi-trillion dollar country. A lot of products come out of that "small island".

Why is a small island so important over the US doesnt make sense
    It's not that it's more important...it's because it's a Japanese product, so naturally it'll be released there first. Xbox is an American product which is why it was released here first.

Veteran

Re: Questions

All gamers want to know everything, unfortunately that is not always in the best interest of the game console maker or publishers.

Honestly, anyone who though Sony would reveal anything prior to E3 shouldn't have. It just wouldn't make sense to do so. Doing so would have ment showing off content on potentially Alpha development kits.

Any annoucements outside of E3 would not get nearly the press covereage of an annoucement at E3. Even MS didn't announce their release date or price at E3 2005, 8 months before the console released. They waited till roughly 4 months before launch to make those annoucements.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Forum Guru

Re: Japan

I just dont see why Sony plans on launching first in Japan. Sure the *expletive deleted* make good tv's, walkmans etc but the USA is the greatest country in the world and I make no apologies for saying that.

Sony should worry about launching first in the USA not Japan. We can make and umake Sony.
    I admire your patriotism, but the way it's clouding your judgement is laughable- along with the fact that you accuse a forum of not being objective but then go on to post biased/narrow-minded opinions yourself

Administrator
    I don't think he realizes just large and important a role Japan has played in the video game industry.

40s
    It's as objective as I expect a PS3 forum to be, and as objective as a PS3 forum should be.

Anonymous
    This post is not constructive. ~ PBM ~

Extreme Poster

Re: Japan

I just dont see why Sony plans on launching first in Japan. Sure the *expletive deleted* make good tv's, walkmans etc but the USA is the greatest country in the world and I make no apologies for saying that.

I think your extreme views are in the minority, that's why Sony doesn't care about releasing it first in US. Actually I really don't know why they don't release it first in US generally but they are ultimately a japanese company and they know more about the Japanese public than the American public (even though they're still better than the competitors in knowing the american public).

Also, this is a free market, you don't make or unmake something. You can't stop people from enjoying something that they truly like. If Sony keeps making great products and giving us great games on their console then I don't think anyone can stop them from being successful. It doesn't work like that brother. Otherwise countries wouldn't have quotas and tariffs on import products.

No Offense

No offense to any Japanese on this forum. I have a lot of respect for what you guys have done as far as tech wise.

Extreme Poster

Re: No Offense

No offense to any Japanese on this forum. I have a lot of respect for what you guys have done as far as tech wise.
    I'm sure they appreciate your respects.

Anonymous
    Listen, this is a useless post, with no ending. We can go on forever discussing this issue! I am going to get a Mod to inspect this topic!

I learned my lesson I dont fool around, I am a Admin at a site, and I know what it is to keep the forums clean, and mine is not even close to the size of PS3 forums! Please stop making useless posts!

Addresed to --- nextGen2k6

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephancelmare360
    Listen, this is a useless post, with no ending. We can go on forever discussing this issue! I am going to get a Mod to inspect this topic!

I learned my lesson I dont fool around, I am a Admin at a site, and I know what it is to keep the forums clean, and mine is not even close to the size of PS3 forums! Please stop making useless posts!

Addresed to --- nextGen2k6
    I don't know if you noticed but a couple of mods have already "posted" in this topic...so I'm sure they inspected it while posting.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the topic, the guy had some concerns and we're here to help.

Thread Information