Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

I had to laugh :)

I have been toying with the idea of getting a xbox 360 for a while, and last week i decided to put my PS3 up on ebay so i could get one.

Everything went great, i sold my PS3 for 380 , i was well chuffed. Some bloke came around to pick it up and give me some cash while I was having my dinner , i had the cash in my hand and I was itching to go down town and get a 360. I even stopped my two son's from finishing their dinner so we could all rush down to tesco and pick one up. We were all excited in the car lol.

We rushed up to the electrical desk and picked one up with a few bits and peices ( Vision camera + extra battery/charger ) my wife got me a 30 quid discount BARGAIN, I was getting well excited.

So we rushed home pulled the box apart set it all up ................ pushed the button and waited...........waited some more........bit more then BAM RROD straight out of the box, i could not F*%@ing belive it , now im pissed.

I stomp back down to tesco and shove it under the customer service assistant's nose and explained.
    She then prompted me to the Microsoft helpline and said to give them a call , they would replace it. REPLACE IT the ruddy thing isnt even an hour old.

Eventually i get my exchange , so slightly less excited me and my two boys go home and set it up again................ guess what BAM RROD again.
    WTF have i sold my PS3 for .

The assistant at tesco wouldnt belive me so I got the section manager over and told him to set it up on one of the TV's they had on display. He did and eventually I got another exchange.

This one I have now is working fine , ive been told that it has the newer chip ? in it and the power supply is rated lower which is better.
    Now it is working and I have been able to use xblive, im well chuffed with my purchase and dont regret one minute of it.

Anyway sorry for rambling on I just thought I would share my first experience of a xbox 360 lol.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Congrats on your purchase of the 360 and your family is enjoying it. Things like that happens in the electronics industry. I sold a brand new pioneer elite plasma to a customer and it was dead out of the box.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck, what angers me though is that the Tesco rep telling to go to MS about it. Anyway, glad this one is working fine and that you are enjoying it...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ReePa View Post
    I have been toying with the idea of getting a xbox 360 for a while, and last week i decided to put my PS3 up on ebay so i could get one.

Everything went great, i sold my PS3 for 380 , i was well chuffed. Some bloke came around to pick it up and give me some cash while I was having my dinner , i had the cash in my hand and I was itching to go down town and get a 360. I even stopped my two son's from finishing their dinner so we could all rush down to tesco and pick one up. We were all excited in the car lol.

We rushed up to the electrical desk and picked one up with a few bits and peices ( Vision camera + extra battery/charger ) my wife got me a 30 quid discount BARGAIN, I was getting well excited.

So we rushed home pulled the box apart set it all up ................ pushed the button and waited...........waited some more........bit more then BAM RROD straight out of the box, i could not F*%@ing belive it , now im pissed.

I stomp back down to tesco and shove it under the customer service assistant's nose and explained.
    She then prompted me to the Microsoft helpline and said to give them a call , they would replace it. REPLACE IT the ruddy thing isnt even an hour old.

Eventually i get my exchange , so slightly less excited me and my two boys go home and set it up again................ guess what BAM RROD again.

The assistant at tesco wouldnt belive me so I got the section manager over and told him to set it up on one of the TV's they had on display. He did and eventually I got another exchange.

This one I have now is working fine , ive been told that it has the newer chip ? in it and the power supply is rated lower which is better.
    Now it is working and I have been able to use xblive, im well chuffed with my purchase and dont regret one minute of it.

Anyway sorry for rambling on I just thought I would share my first experience of a xbox 360 lol.
    if she knew better about the sales of goods act she shouldnt have even mutterd the first word of ms support.

hope you enjoy your new console

Superior Member
    You should blame your self . I am sorry but ! becuse you did something stupid when you bought Xbox without making sure it's good in the shop you then exposed your slef to get over the shop for more one time .
    believe me , if you tried the console on the shop's TVs to see it works or not you would safe more time, unless they prohibit trying the console before buying it ... it's something shameful :2gun:
    he was obliged to depart. He put his burial clothes in his wallet; but when he came to bid his wife and children adieu, their grief surpassed description. They could not reconcile their minds to the separation, but resolved to go and die with him. When,however, (what will happen to thee?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Congrats on your purchase of the 360 and your family is enjoying it. Things like that happens in the electronics industry. I sold a brand new pioneer elite plasma to a customer and it was dead out of the box.

Things dont happen that much in the electronics industry. Dude got 3 xboxes 2 of them rrod thats not impressive at all. Just when I was coming around the idea of getting one.

All these good games coming out that I want, but the ****ing console cant play'em.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Its a funny story. Its kinda hard to believe, but funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-SKy View Post
    You should blame your self . I am sorry but ! becuse you did something stupid when you bought Xbox without making sure it's good in the shop you then exposed your slef to get over the shop for more one time .
    believe me , if you tried the console on the shop's TVs to see it works or not you would safe more time, unless they prohibit trying the console before buying it ... it's something shameful :2gun:

Are you serious

In this day and age you shouldnt have to try everything to see if it works before you take it home .

Its a funny story. Its kinda hard to believe, but funny.
    I know its crazy, but entirly true ,ill post a piccy of the reciept ( with returns on it ) if you want

The Game. You lost it.
    That blows dude, I hope you are enjoying it now though! The Falcon chipset shouldn't give you any problems, I guess you were unlucky with the Xenon ones. Good Luck.

I love it, just been playing street fighter 2 and Golden axe from XBLA .Old skOOl gaming at it's best.

If anyone wants to add me my id is "farmer Kwok"

Elite Sage

Out of all of the cases out there, there was bound to be one where 2 consoles came DoA. At least it got to be you so we got to hear the story. Nah, sorry it was you, but glad to hear it's over and done with and that you are having a good experience now.

The Game. You lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoko View Post
    Out of all of the cases out there, there was bound to be one where 2 consoles came DoA. At least it got to be you so we got to hear the story. Nah, sorry it was you, but glad to hear it's over and done with and that you are having a good experience now.
    The guy in the NeoGaf RRoD master thread got 3 360s (all falcon) with faulty DVD drives. No RRoD, just bad drives.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Are you serious

In this day and age you shouldnt have to try everything to see if it works before you take it home .

I know its crazy, but entirly true ,ill post a piccy of the reciept ( with returns on it ) if you want
    So you got 3 red lights 2 times in a row? You sure it wasn't the full Red ring?
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    it was the gaming gods kicking you in the gut for dumping your PS3 for a 360
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Are you sure you didn't get FOUR red lights? That would signify that you haven't connected everything up correctly. Three red lights, twice, out of the box, pretty rare.

I have to say though....you dumped your PS3 the month MGS 4 came out?? Are you clinically insane?

Superior Member
    Wait.. You sold your PS3 to get a 360?
    I'm probably going to get banned by some ban-'appy mod but.. Why? Seriously, WHY!!?
    A good friend once said to me...
    "Give a man a copy of the sims and within a few minutes he's trying to make two girls kiss. Give a man an online shooter and before u know it there is more tea bagging than actual shooting..."

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Are you sure you didn't get FOUR red lights? That would signify that you haven't connected everything up correctly. Three red lights, twice, out of the box, pretty rare.

I have to say though....you dumped your PS3 the month MGS 4 came out?? Are you clinically insane?
    Thats what I was thinking.

People hear RRoD and asume it's actually a ring.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Rapture
    I find this story a bit unbelievable. The 360 overheated in a few minutes? Alright then. Hope you enjoy it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I cant believe you sold your PS3 for a 360. The future looks amazing for the PS3 while the 360 has already peaked and will start to go downhill in 2009.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I find this story a bit unbelievable. The 360 overheated in a few minutes? Alright then. Hope you enjoy it.
    Could of just been a ****ty harddrive. RROD doesn't always mean overheating.

Anyway, congrats on the buy man.

I cant believe you sold your PS3 for a 360. The future looks amazing for the PS3 while the 360 has already peaked and will start to go downhill in 2009.
    It's amusing to see how some people believe they know how to spend your money better than you do. Heh.
    CAN I HAZ SOME MOAR GRAVY PWEEZ
    xbl: excentric killa PLAY GAMES

Rapture
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Says who, you? Very reliable my friend. Because it's just plain silly for someone to think differently from you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Says who, you? Very reliable my friend. Because it's just plain silly for someone to think differently from you.

Says the industry buddy. 2009 will be the consoles worst year and 2009 will be the PS3's best. Performance wise the 360 has just reached its max with Mass Effect. It actually pushed the console to far resulting in tearing and pop ups. If companies decided not to go multi disc then the 360's future is looking very bland. So yes says I.

Oh and you do not know me and you have no idea how reliable I really am.

To save yourself from replying with an attempt to start an arguement I will end this with "Its my opinion". Funny thing is that Microsoft knows this and is currently working on their next console already....

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Says the industry buddy. 2009 will be the consoles worst year and 2009 will be the PS3's best. Performance wise the 360 has just reached its max with Mass Effect. It actually pushed the console to far resulting in tearing and pop ups. If companies decided not to go multi disc then the 360's future is looking very bland. So yes says I.

Wait, wasnt that supposed ot be 2008?

As for the OP, now that youve got it running, go get yourself, Bioshock, Gears, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Forza 2, PGR 3, PGR 4, GRAW 1, Rianbow Six Vegas, Crackdown, Saints Row, Kameo, Lost Odeyseey, Blue Dragon, and Viva Piniata (if you like sims).

Any or all off these games will knock you socks off. Quickly, before the games "reach their peak".

Soldier 95B

To save yourself from replying with an attempt to start an arguement I will end this with "Its my opinion". Funny thing is that Microsoft knows this and is currently working on their next console already....
    Now that is the funniest thing I have read today. Crazy stuff there....crazy.

Dedicated Member

Says the industry buddy. 2009 will be the consoles worst year and 2009 will be the PS3's best.
    wait......i thought 2008 was the year of Sony..Not anymore? My industry buddy tells me that the wii is goin to eat the 360 and the PS3 and i mean literally eat them and get rid of HD consoles from the face of the earth..

Thread Information