Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 213141 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    HC only for me.

2. Likes Nuvian likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    The people that i planned on playing with bailed on me and wont even get the game so i gotta find some people to play with before the game comes out. Me = Sad Panda
    -I will be playing a Demon Hunter
    -Softcore only please
    -Im a team player and willing to listen
    -Im the type of gamer that likes to explore every inch of the map before moving on
    -Im willing to give and/or trade any items i am not using
    -I have a headset and mic
    -Time Zone - PST
    -If anyone is interested PM me
    Ill play iwth you

anyone else wants to join a playing group?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Gant View Post
    Ill play iwth you

anyone else wants to join a playing group?
    Most definitely I've already PM'd Hellsjester too

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    I would have loved playing HC with you F34R, shame we will be playing on different servers.

We had one of the better Diablo 3 related April fools jokes this year in my opinion over at Diablofans.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Bashiok replied on the official forums with some more info about the Inferno change. As well as a little bit of info on twitter.

First post that was made a few days ago:
    This is may be a good a time as any to REVEAL TEH SEKRITS! that Inferno monster levels aren't linear any longer. They get progressively more difficult. This was really a reaction to Inferno playtesting. Our original intent was to have a flat difficulty level where you could go wherever you want, farm for items, and it'd be no more or less difficult than any other area in Inferno. This caused a few inherent issues for us, though:

• It just felt wrong. It didn't feel right to be progressing through the game and have it stay pretty much the same difficulty the whole time. It felt like a letdown to get to the final boss of the game and it be no more difficult than the first.

• There’s a wide variety of players out there and we wanted to make sure everybody had something to sink their teeth into. We expect that anybody with enough time and dedication will reach level 60. But the jump in difficulty to Inferno needed to be different amounts for different people. For the crazy people they need a HUGE ramp in difficulty, for a more “casual but still hardcore” audience you want an obvious but milder increase in difficulty. So for the crazy people who play non-stop they’ll hit Act I and get a challenge, but 1 month later they’ll still have something to work on (Acts II, III and IV). For the “hardcore-casual” they will reach level 60 later and not get brick walled when they reach Inferno. They can experience some “small victories” working on Act I with the dream of maybe someday reaching the later acts.

• Longevity. We know people really want goals to work towards and challenges to overcome. We made Act III and Act IV really, really brutally hard, for the most elite players only. It felt wrong to make ALL of Inferno that brutally hard.Now, you may be saying “I thought you wanted us to be able to farm anywhere we wanted. Now we only have half as much area in the game to farm in? What gives?” Our goal is to make the loot mathematically better in the later acts without making the earlier gear completely obsolete. We feel Diablo II actually did a very good job with this and we expect Diablo III to perform similarly.

Specifically, people in D2 did Diablo runs, Mephisto runs, Pindleskin runs, Pit runs, Baal runs, etc. because the loot in Diablo is extremely random. Even though the theoretical best items might come from the later Acts, well-rolled items from earlier acts will still be better.
    Internally we find sometimes after an intense session of brutally hard Inferno it can be really fun to cruise through Hell Act III or IV and it’s not too uncommon surprise when an upgrade drops. We expect this to carry through to Inferno difficulty where somebody who can theoretically farm Act IV will likely still enjoy romping through Act I simply because the drop potential is still there. It’s all because of the highly random items having lots of overlap in their power distribution curves.
    It created a bit of confusion, so he made this post yesterday:
    I just wrote like three pages of a reply and the forums lost it when I clicked Preview. ... *cry*
    Ok what it boiled down to was:
    Read my previous post. It seems like some people glossed over it.

I'm happy most of you are happy about the change, and I know you're going to love the game.

Those few of you who don't like it, you'll love the game too because you're wrong.

Item pools are not limited by Act, or Boss, or anything like that. While you'll have a better chance to get better items in Act IV Inferno, you could get those same items in Act I, or even Hell.

Our item pool philosophy is that you can break an urn and get the best item in the game - it's all a matter of chance. Running more difficult areas and taking on more difficult enemies will not always be the most efficient way to find upgrades.

Previously, Inferno difficulty was mlvl 61 across all of Inferno, and now it starts at mlvl 61 and ramps up quickly in Act I and ends somewhere around 65 (?) in Act IV. We've only increased the difficulty.

I'm aware of internal bets on how many months it will take someone to beat Inferno.

A flat Inferno of mlvl 61 had a small curb of difficulty, and once that was over you had nowhere else to progress and no reason to. That's boredom.

Boredom doesn't generally come from content repetition, it comes from lack of ability to progress, or ease of progression.

By having a sharp increase in difficulty in Inferno we can encourage progression without having a brick wall of difficulty.
    I think that was about it. In any case, as I said, I know the vast majority of you are excited about the game, the change we made, and trying to progress in Inferno. Just don't feel bad when you have to go back to Hell.

With the recent revelation of the beginning of Inferno becoming slightly easier, did the rest become harder in compensation?

Yes, the Acts each get significantly more difficult than they were before when it was all one level.
    Sorry, to clarify, the beginning of Inferno is not any easier than it was before. We've only made Inferno harder. (Source)

So, what is the incentive for players to fight their butt off in order to get to later Act in inferno? Just to prove because they can?
    Achievements. Banner decoration. Bragging rights. ... Fun?

I mean it's like asking "Why do you play video games?", right? Most of the time the answer is "Because I enjoy it." and that's going to mean something different to everyone. When you hit 60 in Diablo III, you have everything available to you in the game as far as game systems go, you've beaten the game at least three times already on previous difficulties... why are you still playing?

If you want to hit Inferno and then be happy to just try to farm up a perfect gear set in Act I and never progress, and never want to try to test yourself against more difficult content ... well I might ask why you're building a perfect set, but whatever, if you're having fun more power to you.

Someone working hard to progress all the way to Inferno (Nightmare and Hell are no picnics) just to stop at Inferno and be happy with just playing Act I and never attempting to beat the game seems kind of unlikely. If you do that's cool, but it's a hypothetical situation that I think would be pretty rare because it just doesn't mesh with why people are playing, or what they need to do to achieve their goals.

Once more into the fray.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I just don't get how inferno could be so hard that it'll take months to beat it.
    Surely it won't take 15 minutes to strike down a puny imp!?

Ok we might die even more times but with the right skillset/powerfull items and a decent party it should be doable right!?
    I for one are looking forward to the challenge.
    Maybe we can get a PSU team going and show Blizzard who's boss

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    I'm aware of internal bets on how many months it will take someone to beat Inferno.
    Months? They're severely underestimating a nerds dedication.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Months? They're severely underestimating a nerds dedication.
    And for all we know, we could be overestimating how good/nerdy people are..

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Those of you who are going to be playing Diablo 3, don't forget to create a banner here [http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US]. Completing the banner will give you a special in-game item (a sigil?) As well as participating it will unlock various media (located on the main page) for the game.

Currently when you make a banner you don't get a confirmation email (nor will it work if you add it too facebook) but I believe thats because its being hit hard with traffic.

Master Sage
    Just finished replaying the first Diablo game, the game has evolved so much since then, i forgot playing warrior (melee) was a 1 button click fest, now its on to replaying Diablo 2

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Barbarian or a Monk? hmm...
    I didn't play the second Diablo, but, i'll be playing this one for sure.
    Last edited by TheBreezyBB; 04-12-2012 at 04:30.

Master Sage
    Barbarian for softcore and Monk for hardcore

275,000 Diablo III Beta Invites

We’re in the process of sending out 275,000 Diablo III beta invites to our opt-in testers. As it’ll take us a while to notify all the lucky invitees, we recommend heading to your Battle.net Account Management and seeing if you’ve received a Diablo III beta license. If you have, you’re good to go! Download the beta client and use your Battle.net account and password to log in once it’s installed. While you’re logged into your Account Management page though, don’t forget to create your BattleTag. You can choose this permanent account-wide nickname by clicking on the BattleTag “Create one now” link on the left side of your main Battle.net Account page. Choose wisely as there’s no current ability to change it. A BattleTag is required to play Diablo III, and so whether you get into beta or not you should pick one while you’re there.

Keep in mind that with such a large amount of invites for our test hardware we fully expect a strong possibility of stress test issues, such as an inability to log in, disconnections, and potential lag/latency. We’ll also be testing our queuing system ,which you may see when attempting to enter a game.

Thank you for your continued help, feedback, and patience as we approach the May 15 release.
    People from EU are reporting that they HAVE got invited!

Once more into the fray.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    OH GOD!!! PLLLLLZZZZZ gibs me an invite lol.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I want an invitation too

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    OH GOD!!! PLLLLLZZZZZ gibs me an invite lol.
    I thought you would have one by now.
    Did you opt in?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    No invite here either :/ but i heard its going to be a slow 275000 beta invites, not all in one go so there is still hope..

Super Elite
    My mate got an invite, not haven't been keen on D3 after SC2 but wouldn't mind an invite lol
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

21. Likes TheBreezyBB , F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Dang that monk looks like it's going to be a blast playing as.

Master Sage
    Yep, and quite a few great defensive skills/utilities geared toward hardcore players.

Once more into the fray.

24. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Yep, and quite a few great defensive skills/utilities geared toward hardcore players.
    Looks that way. This game is gonna be epic.

26. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Now the choice is even Harder!! can't choose yet...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I think i'd start with a wizzard to gather good items for other characters...
    I'd love to start with the barb but i don't think he'll be able to rock till he has high end gear.

TBH i've got cold feet at the moment... should i really buy a new labtop just for D3?
    Or a X51?! or built my own PC? or wait for the PS3 version (could take a year or more)?!
    Do i even want to sink alot of time into a single game?
    Decisions decisions...

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    I'm gonna wait for all the classes to be revealed before deciding

Have any of you read the short story associated with each character?
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Thread Information