Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVAA View Post
    Thought you guys would like this too-

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Komani, PS3)
    Snake
    Apple
    6.12.2008: (Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) In Metal Gear Solid 4, you play the role of Snake, a soldier who uses stealth to sneak around a battlefield on a mission to steal guns from the Patriots (and to choke people from behind). As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy). This game promotes drug use (Snake is addicted to cigarettes and the HDD installation process features an 8-minute video of Snake teaching players how to smoke), eugenics through human cloning (Snake was the product of a project to clone "super soldiers"), disrespect of Authority (Snake's main enemy in the game are the Patriots, who represent the Christian founders of our nation), and Materialistic Determinacy with an absence of Free Will (every game in the MGS series is a remake of the first, only with a different Snake clone, the theory being that by putting the clones through the same missions, they will develop into the same person). MGS4 was designed to train those who will be left behind after the Rapture to serve in the Antichrist's military forces. As such, it has no value for the Christian gamer, who is among the Elect and won't have to deal with that, but it may help the unsaved to know the tactics they will be up against in a post-Rapture world should they choose to join the fight against the Antichrist and secure themselves a place among the Sheep when Christ returns. Therefore, I am giving it ONE CROSS for this slight benefit.

To quote the great John McEnroe: "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

hehe This has to be a joke site or something.

Elite Member
    lol i love it when these biased religious people get so grossed out by a game. don't they have anything better to do? like try and end world hunger?

Veteran

I stopped reading when he said he didn't even play the game. I REALLY hope this **** is fake.

Xbox 360 Pro (120 GB) - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) - Nintendo Wii
    大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX

Elite Sage
    So....this isnt a joke website?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think it's pretty much been confirmed as fake.

Now for the real question, who's funnier/more satirical - these guys or Zero Punctuation?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    Wow, how 'Christian-like'... Believe what I say or I'll kill you.
    C: "The only British idiom I know is that 'fag' means cigarette."
    P: "Well, someone tells this cigarette to shut up!"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Carsonal View Post
    So....this isnt a joke website?
    Even if it is it, I wouldn't at all be surprising if it was real. There are whole swaths of population in first world educated countries that actually think like this and believe these things...backwards indeed. The ancient Greeks and the ancient and even modern Asians had a more advanced understanding of the nature of a religious belief in relation to society and its creations than these people. In fact more advanced in general.
    "A cult is simply a religion with no political authority; likewise, a religion is simply a cult with political authority..." -english poet

PSN ID
    Kelibath
    I've had a read through this thread and to be honest I'm really disturbed by the original reviews posted.

As a Christian and gamer myself (in that order) I do understand that certain games, especially Grand Theft Auto and the like, are problematic due to their content and personal moral decisions are involved with whether to play at all (and if so, whether to avoid specific content) - but this review is pretty much beyond the pale in every way.

To be honest I expect that this is a spoof site, but sites like this - if legitimate in the first place - really serve to reflect badly on the rest of us.. I can see at least five responders here who've taken the legitimacy for granted and immediately commented on how crazy "religious people" are, so its still not a great thing.

Anyway, I thought I'd post an alternative Christian review of the game better covering both moral and quality issues for the sake of balance and understanding:

Hopefully, this will provide you all with not only a more considered and interesting review but a better reflection of the faith as well. X(
    Last edited by Lethal; 03-01-2013 at 15:11.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelibath View Post
    I've had a read through this thread and to be honest I'm really disturbed by the original reviews posted.

As a Christian and gamer myself (in that order) I do understand that certain games, especially Grand Theft Auto and the like, are problematic due to their content and personal moral decisions are involved with whether to play at all (and if so, whether to avoid specific content) - but this review is pretty much beyond the pale in every way.

To be honest I expect that this is a spoof site, but sites like this - if legitimate in the first place - really serve to reflect badly on the rest of us.. I can see at least five responders here who've taken the legitimacy for granted and immediately commented on how crazy "religious people" are, so its still not a great thing.

Anyway, I thought I'd post an alternative Christian review of the game better covering both moral and quality issues for the sake of balance and understanding:
    http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/i...-theft-auto-iv

Hopefully, this will provide you all with not only a more considered and interesting review but a better reflection of the faith as well. X(
    How did you manage to dig out a 5-year old thread and reply to it like it was yesterday?

Seriously, what in the actual $#@!? lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This thread had no posts in 5 years. I am closing this old thread as GTA V is almost here.

Please do not bump old threads. Would rather you just made a new one.

Thread Information