Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy

GTA 4 Review By Christian Gaming Zone

(Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) Grand Theft Auto IV is a game designed to brain-wash players into the Atheist worldview. In it you play Nick, an immigrant recently arrived to Liberty City (a copy of New York City) who is tasked with stealing cars and murdering prostitutes. Nick came from a former Communist country where he was brought up in Godlessness and so he sees no problem stealing and murdering. The game touts its ability to let you "go anywhere and do anything you want", the central philosophy of Atheism. It also teaches how to escape from police, instilling in the player the main motivation behind Atheism: avoidance of authority. The underlying game engine is called "RAGE", which is apt since the game is fueled by anger at God. It also uses something called "Euphoria" which treats humans as "rag dolls" who act only in accordance to physics, which is what Atheistic Materialism teaches. The game series (as the title notes, this is the fourth game) has already resulted in murders in real life. This game has no redeemable qualities. Needless to say, all Christians should avoid this game and pray for the people who made it and their victims (murder victims and gamers of all ages who have played it and have been spiritually scarred).
    http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/gaming.html

Superior Member
    that site......is epic. im bookmarking that

Dedicated Member
    Ugh... It's nice to have good beliefs, but these guys are a bunch of jackasses. I hold Christian beliefs myself, but that's just ridiculous.

You think this is bad, you should have seen what some Christian game review sites thought of the Xenosaga series. Call it a good or bad series if you want, but saying that the protagonists work for Satan and kill off innocent angels for fun (a plot expected by the "those Japanese devil developers") is just maddening. The same site gave Zelda: Oracle of Ages a D grade solely because "it did not acknowledge Christ as our true Lord and Savior".

There will always be people on the extremes that make everyone else look terrible. Sad.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoelman View Post
    You think this is bad, you should have seen what some Christian game review sites thought of the Xenosaga series.
    Those reviews were the funniest I ever read. I tried finding one I read awhile back, but couldn't . In it they said that Albedo was a pedophile because he "mind-rapes" MOMO. Oh, and Jr. is the Antichrist because he has 666 on his hand.

Wow lol, wow is all I can say about that. While I'm sort of an atheist, I have no problem with people being religious and basing their lives on a bunch of solid principles like the bible/torrah/qu'ran(sp?) teach. But that is just ridiculous, I absolutely pity a person like that. The person who wrote that, and the people who believe similarly are just limiting their lives, cutting off expirience and all the things that make life the gift it is. Someone who thinks like that doesn't only do that for videogames, no it becomes, "I won't watch Boys Don't Cry because it encourages individualism. I refuse to watch No Country for Old Men because it's too violent. I will not watch Fight Club because it glorifies violence and offers a twisted portrayal of what I believe the world to be." It extends into literature, music, all forms of media and expirience from every corner of the world that allow us to become the people we are and develop the views and values we hold close, these types just dismiss them. Reading something like this about GTA4 doesn't even make me mad, just sad at the naive, closed off lives these people must lead.

On a sidenote, I bet Jack Thompson is a member of that group lol

GuitarrassDeAmor

O hai...GTA IV IS FOR SATANISTS!
    !

!

Seriously, I am a Christian and all for it...but....

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarasDeAmor View Post

O hai...GTA IV IS FOR SATANISTS!
    !

!

Seriously, I am a Christian and all for it...but....
    Eh, alot of people write satanism off as some sort of pseudo, marilyn manson esque cult, when one really looks into it, Satanism is one of the most logical, grounded in reality religions out there. I'm not a satanist, but really it gets a bad rep because of the name. Satanists are atheists, they don't worship the devil, they just look up to the greek perception of Satan because he personifies the qualities of individualism. In greek mythology, Satan afterall was the angel Lucifer who rose up against the communist like Zeus. So yea, it doesn't sound so crazy now does it lol, it actually probably fits a large majority of atheist America whether they want to admit it or not.

I'm not tryin to rag on you or anything by the way, I just like to educate others

Edit- I can't stop laughing at this poll haha omg wtf???

Q-Do you use "cheat codes"?

A-No, they are not Christian
    B-No, I like to solve a game on my own
    C-Only if I can't get past a level
    D-Yes, but God knows I am a sinner and will forgive me

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVAA View Post
    Eh, alot of people write satanism off as some sort of pseudo, marilyn manson esque cult, when one really looks into it, Satanism is one of the most logical, grounded in reality religions out there. I'm not a satanist, but really it gets a bad rep because of the name. Satanists are atheists, they don't worship the devil, they just look up to the greek perception of Satan because he personifies the qualities of individualism. In greek mythology, Satan afterall was the angel Lucifer who rose up against the communist like Zeus. So yea, it doesn't sound so crazy now does it lol, it actually probably fits a large majority of atheist America whether they want to admit it or not.

I'm not tryin to rag on you or anything by the way, I just like to educate others

Edit- I can't stop laughing at this poll haha omg wtf???

Q-Do you use "cheat codes"?

A-No, they are not Christian
    B-No, I like to solve a game on my own
    C-Only if I can't get past a level
    D-Yes, but God knows I am a sinner and will forgive me

There is no "Satan" or "Lucifer" in Greek mythos.

Satanists praise Satan as the revealer of truth and wisdom. He presented Eve with the knowledge of Good and Evil. He's misunderstood in their religion.

Their leader of the Satanic Church (Black Mass)is the Black Pope (Anton LaVey).

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

There is no "Satan" or "Lucifer" in Greek mythos.

Satanists praise Satan as the revealer of truth and wisdom. He presented Eve with the knowledge of Good and Evil. He's misunderstood in their religion.

Their "congregational" (Black Mass) leaders are Black Popes.
    Damn dude, my bad, man I must look like an ignorant ***** rite now... I got mixed up from greek mytho's and world lit...
    But yea, I still got the basic idea right on the religion itself, he defines the qualities of individualism and such right? I was under the impression that they are atheists that just praise the idea of satan for the qualities he represents, maybe their are deifferent sects because the person I spoke to on the subject was very much an atheist

Alakratt
    They don't know what they are missing. Maybe they should just stick to reading their bibles and stop giving opinions on everything else.

PSU Technical Advisor
    ..,It is people like this, that blemish the public image of my religion.

In fact, I may go on to that site and it's forums (if it has them) and raise hell. As a christian, I find this level of ignorance and slander insane.

"..As a Christian I can appreciate you attempting to dissect and scrutinize the immoralities and various moral complications that are infesting GTAIV.

However, your apparent lack of knowledge on the game (And professed no hands on experience) is absolutely mind boggling. You're not giving our faith a good name.

Your statements describing the game's goal of indoctrinating the minds of it's players with an atheistic world view, and how the gameplay revolves soley along the lines of stealing cars and slaughtering prostitutes- is absolutely and 100% absurd. The entire game and plot is about the death of the American Dream.

A rather popular theme in Classic American Literature."

^ I sent him that email.

Super Elite

In fact, I may go on to that site and it's forums (if it has them) and raise hell. As a christian, I find this level of ignorance and slander insane.

"..As a Christian I can appreciate you attempting to dissect and scrutinize the immoralities and various moral complications that are infesting GTAIV.

However, your apparent lack of knowledge on the game (And professed no hands on experience) is absolutely mind boggling. You're not giving our faith a good name.
    Your statements describing the game's goal of indoctrinating the minds of it's players with an atheistic world view, and how the gameplay revolves soley along the lines of stealing cars and slaughtering prostitutes- is absolutely and 100% absurd. The entire game and plot is about the death of the American Dream.

^ I sent him that email.
    +Rep. Not only do I agree withy your initial statement, your email was eloquent and succinct. Please post the reply if you receive one.

^ Shaundi:
    Saints Row 3 version
    Consoles: PS3 / PS2 / PS1 / 360 / Xbox / Gamecube / N64 / Dreamcast / Saturn
    Games: Collection (**Updated 2/24/11**)
    PSN ID: Weareninja

The Heisman

^ I sent him that email.

my thoughts exactly. go get em!

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Believe in me!
    Hahaha that was a fantastic read!
    Good find man.
    "Believe in me, who believes in you!"

Apprentice
    After reading that, I am now more raged than I have been in over a year now...

Please accept my apologies at the absolute ignorant, raging stupidity of those people out there who claim to be my Christian brethren. I extend my sincerest apologies to atheists and the like who may have read that, and I will do whatever is in my power to set this heinous wrong right.

Again, my deepest apologies to atheists. The author of that article should be ashamed of himself not only for his callous approach to a topic he obviously knows nothing of, but for the absolutely insulting manner in which he presented his distorted ideas.
    Miles Veritatis - Victoria Veneratio
    Deo vindice, aspirat primo Fortuna labori.
    Formerly deALPHAmale

Thought you guys would like this too-

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Komani, PS3)
    Snake
    Apple
    6.12.2008: (Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) In Metal Gear Solid 4, you play the role of Snake, a soldier who uses stealth to sneak around a battlefield on a mission to steal guns from the Patriots (and to choke people from behind). As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy). This game promotes drug use (Snake is addicted to cigarettes and the HDD installation process features an 8-minute video of Snake teaching players how to smoke), eugenics through human cloning (Snake was the product of a project to clone "super soldiers"), disrespect of Authority (Snake's main enemy in the game are the Patriots, who represent the Christian founders of our nation), and Materialistic Determinacy with an absence of Free Will (every game in the MGS series is a remake of the first, only with a different Snake clone, the theory being that by putting the clones through the same missions, they will develop into the same person). MGS4 was designed to train those who will be left behind after the Rapture to serve in the Antichrist's military forces. As such, it has no value for the Christian gamer, who is among the Elect and won't have to deal with that, but it may help the unsaved to know the tactics they will be up against in a post-Rapture world should they choose to join the fight against the Antichrist and secure themselves a place among the Sheep when Christ returns. Therefore, I am giving it ONE CROSS for this slight benefit.

I'm simply speechless lol, one of my favorite expiriences I've ever had with media being simplified into an antichrist blight on society...

Apprentice

Snake
    Apple
    6.12.2008: (Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) In Metal Gear Solid 4, you play the role of Snake, a soldier who uses stealth to sneak around a battlefield on a mission to steal guns from the Patriots (and to choke people from behind). As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy). This game promotes drug use (Snake is addicted to cigarettes and the HDD installation process features an 8-minute video of Snake teaching players how to smoke), eugenics through human cloning (Snake was the product of a project to clone "super soldiers"), disrespect of Authority (Snake's main enemy in the game are the Patriots, who represent the Christian founders of our nation), and Materialistic Determinacy with an absence of Free Will (every game in the MGS series is a remake of the first, only with a different Snake clone, the theory being that by putting the clones through the same missions, they will develop into the same person). MGS4 was designed to train those who will be left behind after the Rapture to serve in the Antichrist's military forces. As such, it has no value for the Christian gamer, who is among the Elect and won't have to deal with that, but it may help the unsaved to know the tactics they will be up against in a post-Rapture world should they choose to join the fight against the Antichrist and secure themselves a place among the Sheep when Christ returns. Therefore, I am giving it ONE CROSS for this slight benefit.

I'm simply speechless lol, one of my favorite expiriences I've ever had with media being simplified into an antichrist blight on society...
    rofl

Superior Member

Snake
    Apple

To quote the great John McEnroe: "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

hehe This has to be a joke site or something.

Apprentice
    In Greek mythology, the god of the underworld was Hades, who was the harbinger of death, doom, and destruction... hardly a beacon of individualism. Lucifer was the angellic name of Satan in the Bible according to Judaism and Christianity before he rebelled against God, wanting to be more powerful than his Creator, and was thus cast down.

There are branches of the Satanist church which practice actual worship of the figure of Satan as stated by Vulgotha, and there are also branches which focus entirely on hedonistic pleasures. Either way, it has nothing to do with either Greek mythology or GTAIV.
    Formerly deALPHAmale

Quote Originally Posted by deALPHAmale View Post
    In Greek mythology, the god of the underworld was Hades, who was the harbinger of death, doom, and destruction... hardly a beacon of individualism. Lucifer was the angellic name of Satan in the Bible according to Judaism and Christianity before he rebelled against God, wanting to be more powerful than his Creator, and was thus cast down.

There are branches of the Satanist church which practice actual worship of the figure of Satan as stated by Vulgotha, and there are also branches which focus entirely on hedonistic pleasures. Either way, it has nothing to do with either Greek mythology or GTAIV.
    Yea, that pretty much clears it up for me, I spoke to a friend of mine who described it more as an atheistic culture who look up to the idea of satan for the qualities he personifies, and try to base their existence and lives on human expirience, knowledge, freedom, ect.. He obviously belongs more in the hedonistic sect, so I suppose their is a part of the religion that does worship the devil. And I haven't studied the mythologies and such in a long time, my mind was just bouncing between greek mytho's and dante, and I connected two together.

Anyway, lets get back onto the topic of how this guy and this website are ignorant and offensive representations of the Christian religion.

Veteran
    Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +rep
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Master Poster
    The poor naive *****. Must be nice to have all your thoughts and beliefs given/forced to you, Instead of coming to conclusions your self.

Might as well save me the trouble and put your face in my cross-hairs, Why delay the inevitable?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfIllusions View Post
    The poor naive *****. Must be nice to have all your thoughts and beliefs given/forced to you, Instead of coming to conclusions your self.
    Sad but true... my personal plan is to spam this guy with logic for the next year or so... maybe he'll figure SOMETHING out...

As a Christian, I am ashamed to be associated with this.
    Formerly deALPHAmale

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    What! So not a perfect score then? BIASED!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information