Connection to the Server Timed out (80710092)

My PS3 has always connected to the internet Via my router... never had any issues with the wireless... infact I have my Wii and a pc upstairs working on wireless just fine...

Nothing has changed and now today all of a sudden my PS3 is getting "The connection to the server timed out. (80710092)"

My Wii and my pc upstairs can still connect to the internet via wireless so I know my router is working fine.

When I test my PS3 internet connection it says it Obtains the IP address however the internet connection test fails and it stops there... anyone else having this problem?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    its not the ps3 unplug your router, let it rest for 1 minute, plug it back and do a connection test. everything should be ok...it happened to me today

Im getting the same *****. ive reset my computer and my router still this 80710092 error popping up when i try sign into playstation network

i can browse the internet using the playstation just not sign into playstation network :S

Apprentice
    Search the internet (aka Google). There is a ton of info, just read.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 4558895 View Post
    Im getting the same *****. ive reset my computer and my router still this 80710092 error popping up when i try sign into playstation network

i can browse the internet using the playstation just not sign into playstation network :S
    Same thing is happening to me right now!

Restarted PS3, modem and router and it is still not letting me sign in!

PSN ID
    Spkzy
    It always happens to me when playing Little Big Planet when I invite or Join someone.

The same bs is happening to me. I thought it was just me, anyways... I dont think its the router, because ive reset that atleast 3 times and it has no effect. When i do the connection test, the first 2 options 'suceed' but the 3rd one, PSN, fails...
    Is there any way this can be fixed?

I had this problem last night. It was OK this morning though. I think its them not you, as my PS3 could browse too.

Apprentice
    Yep had some problems this week with it too. And last night same thing. Could be a PSN thing.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Graphic violence = perfectly acceptable. Nudity = obscene.

Ive been getting a lot of PSN errors lately (after MW2 patch 1.0.

Ive tried going into DMZ, restarting modem and all that shizzzz. Sometimes i can play fine on MW2, sometimes not.

So, yeh. Again tonight. Guess I should have stayed 360..****ing useless, this PSN.

I am currently experiencing the same problem, been oversea for about 2 months. come back updated firmaware to 3.15, updated bayonetta, downloaded the pirate of carrabean pack fo LBP. On the next day I try to update LBP then I was unable to download and giving me the same error code, tried updating fat princess, samething.

Try again yesterday, still unable to download game update. I tried download some video on PSN to test but its giving the same error. Tried again today and still no go. But I can sign in, browse internet and browse PSN store, and my internet activities with my computers using the same connection functions normally.

/sigh~~

Something funny is going on....a guy at work has the same issues.

Rob566
    Your PS3/Router and broadband provider will all need to be changed. The same happened to me, it's a real pain but i'd change them all as soon as you can.

my problem is fixed now, didn't do anything, everything is back to normal. can update, can download.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob566 View Post
    Your PS3/Router and broadband provider will all need to be changed. The same happened to me, it's a real pain but i'd change them all as soon as you can.
    Are you ****ing serious?

Since last night Ive now read at least 20 posts made by your goodself and everyone of them made me want to come find you and kill you. :gta:

Anyway the OP was 2 years old.

/thread

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Go to opendns.com and get their list of dns address and input them into your ps3.

Thread Information