Latest PSU headlines:

rockband vs guitar hero 4

ive never played rockband but i played guitar hero 3. i loved it and the new drum kit and custermizable characters look awsome. hopefully the songs will be brilliant.

i wanna see "the ace of spades" and "bat out of hell"

Apprentice
    soooooo...whats your point?
    PS3 'slim' (WD 500Gb HDD) | PSP Go
    Clan: S2BU

Dedicated Member
    Rock band is better IMO, did not like GH3, thought it was cartoony and cart-rappy, RB has customizable peeps, and yea they are a little cartoony, but not as bad as GHs. I think RB is the new dog and GH is trying to be Stella and get her groove back, but I don't see it happening.

160gigs of Sexy!

Dedicated Member
    My question is. How come Rockband 2 is exclusive to the xbox360??

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher99 View Post
    My question is. How come Rockband 2 is exclusive to the xbox360??
    Timed exclusive.

I don't see why though. It's not like rockband is very demanding on the hardware.

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    You can't have a comparison yet because GH 4 isn't out yet. I'm leaning more towards GH 4 from what I've heard about it. I like the drum set better than the one for Rock Band and I like the guitar better as well but that is still my opinion. Oh and Ace of Spades was already on a previous version of Guitar Hero. I think it was one but can't remember.

Superior Member

Its going to be an interesting battle. GH4 has some cool concepts if they can actually make them work well and get out quality hardware. However, Rock Band is going to have a massive amount of DLC compared to GH4 though and already has a proven concept.

I just hope they try to make the instruments interchangeable at some level so I can own both applications.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wish I had more friends who live around me to play these with but they all live quite far away

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    You can't have a comparison yet because GH 4 isn't out yet. I'm leaning more towards GH 4 from what I've heard about it. I like the drum set better than the one for Rock Band and I like the guitar better as well but that is still my opinion. Oh and Ace of Spades was already on a previous version of Guitar Hero. I think it was one but can't remember.
    i just wanna say awesome avater MANA...i needed a laugh at work
    PS3 60 GB
    Ratchet and clank
    MLB 08 The Show

Forum Elder
    I think Guitar Hero is playing catch up to a better version of itself in Rock Band. They can add 15 symbols for all I care, more complicated does not equal better. As for making your own songs....has anyone seen the interface? Pretty damn complicated. This is a great tool for people that know a good deal about music or want to waste a lot of time experimenting. Me? I just want to play songs I know and rock out.

Only thing Rock Band 2 needs is Keytar support. Make it happen Harmonix.

Apprentice
    I don't care for either of the games, but I absolutely can't stand the people that think their all that because they can press a few buttons in the right order. No offense to the people that spend a lot of time on these games and some of you actually get pretty good.
    320gb PS3 (20gb), 80gb PS3 (80gb), 160gb PS3 (160gb)<~Not a typo ,2 PSP2001's, 46" Sony Bravia 1080p, 29 PS3 games, 13 PSN games, 34 Blu movies

PLAY B3YOND

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Quote Originally Posted by chonface View Post
    i just wanna say awesome avater MANA...i needed a laugh at work
    Lol, Glad you like it. Who's the baddest mofo around down this town? Sho Nuff!

I'm looking forward to GH4 and I had planned on getting Rock Band before this was announced so now I'm in the "wait and see" mode.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    YellowFootPrint / Nodrodee
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    Lol, Glad you like it. Who's the baddest mofo around down this town? Sho Nuff!

I'm looking forward to GH4 and I had planned on getting Rock Band before this was announced so now I'm in the "wait and see" mode.
    From day one RockBand was so much better then GHIII I never touched the gH's again and I really liked gH's. I would wait like your saying but I would put RockBand2 in the mix now to. GH-WT does sound cool but I can't see it topping RockBand based on what they have put out in GHIII and Arrowsmith.

I got RockBand Nov last year and still play it all the time and really was not even looking for new version, I'm ok with what out but would like online rankings so we can keep scores with online friends bands. Maybe even on-line World tour would be great, chat up to song selection but not while song playing.

Edit: on timed release from Xbox360 I think it may be due to all the changes coming on PSN (Home, Trophies, new chat/comm protocal). We may see this a lot for muti-plat releases scheduled for end of this year.
    SOCOM Confrontation | BF3 | Last Of Us | RockBand 3

Elite Sage

Rock Band beat Guitar Hero 3 last time. But this year, Guitar Heri 4 will be better than Rock band 2.

Forum Guru
    Rock Band OWNED GH3 in EVERY way possible. But I have a feeling this round could be MUCH closer. Time will tell. But GH really needs to step up their downloadable content and drop its prices on the DC.

Thread Information