Page 111 of 133 FirstFirst ... 101111121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3319
  1. #2751
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    27
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLASH48 View Post
    Just wondering why Gran Turismo 5 is not listed in upcoming events on the news page?
    probably cause the news writers are lazy lol. just kidding, i suppose they just havent added it in yet.




  2. #2752
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,167
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    310 (1,062,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    probably cause the news writers are lazy lol. just kidding, i suppose they just havent added it in yet.
    and because as soon as they do the forum's will crash under the weight of the awesomeness that is GT5



    Thank you itachi

  3. #2753
    Master Poster
    FLASH48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,183
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    6,987 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    probably cause the news writers are lazy lol. just kidding, i suppose they just havent added it in yet.

    Okay thanks, and i'm think the first part of your answer. Or they don't like GT5.
    World Series Champions SF Giants!!!!! Grumpy Old Troll

  4. #2754
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    642 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I'd like to know why I show that I have 1 unread Private Message, when I DO NOT have any Pm's that aren't read. I see a "1" when I roll my mouse up to the "Profile" button and the drop-down menu comes down. Beside "Inbox" it shows 1 Unread...but I do NOT have anything that hasn't been read, or any receipts either. (Screenshot below)

    Attachment 1479


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  5. #2755
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I'd like to know why I show that I have 1 unread Private Message, when I DO NOT have any Pm's that aren't read. I see a "1" when I roll my mouse up to the "Profile" button and the drop-down menu comes down. Beside "Inbox" it shows 1 Unread...but I do NOT have anything that hasn't been read, or any receipts either. (Screenshot below)

    Attachment 1479
    Do you have any unread VM's?

    Click this and let me know if goes away after you have done so.

  6. #2756
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    642 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Nope, didn't have any unread VM's, and it didn't go away. I'm going to log out completely, clear cookies, then log back in and see if that rids me of the "1".




    *EDIT*

    Log-out and clear of ALL cookies didn't solve it either. Still got the *1* in the drop-down menu.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 10-15-2010 at 15:35.


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #2757
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    GT_RacerUK
    Posts
    724
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,541 (0 Banked)
    How come I've only got the quick reply options? I have to try to remember all the smilies codes at the moment

  8. #2758
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    642 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Is the PM thing just a glitch? It didn't go away.


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #2759
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crooky369 View Post
    How come I've only got the quick reply options? I have to try to remember all the smilies codes at the moment
    I have no idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Is the PM thing just a glitch? It didn't go away.
    Yes, but just for you apparently.

    I'll send you a PM, open it and we'll see if that works.

  10. #2760
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    22
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    169
    Points
    98,082 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by crooky369 View Post
    How come I've only got the quick reply options? I have to try to remember all the smilies codes at the moment
    is there a "Go Advanced" button with you?

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  11. #2761
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    642 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    It showed up as me having 2 PM's. Here's a before and after:

    Before I read your PM:

    Attachment 1480


    And this is after I read your PM, I clicked back onto Inbox and took a snippet of things once I returned to my Inbox from your PM:

    Attachment 1481


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  12. #2762
    Comatosed
    Guest
    hmmm, very strange.

    I'll have a look into your profile, but I'm not promising anything.
    Last edited by Comatosed; 10-15-2010 at 18:46.

  13. #2763
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    When I visit jonathanm1978 profile I can't send or read VM's there so I think he has a VM that he didn't read and then somehow VM's got disabled. So go to your settings and check if you have VM's enabled.
    Other opinions are available.

  14. #2764
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    When I visit jonathanm1978 profile I can't send or read VM's there so I think he has a VM that he didn't read and then somehow VM's got disabled. So go to your settings and check if you have VM's enabled.
    He has vm's enabled, but it is limited to contacts and moderators only.

  15. #2765
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatosed View Post
    He has vm's enabled, but it is limited to contacts and moderators only.
    Is it possible he got a VM from none of the above and then set that setting so that VM is somehow "hidden"?
    Other opinions are available.

  16. #2766
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Is it possible he got a VM from none of the above and then set that setting so that VM is somehow "hidden"?
    Nah, not likely.

    Like you saw for yourself, if you're not on his contact list then you just can't post one.

  17. #2767
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatosed View Post
    Nah, not likely.

    Like you saw for yourself, if you're not on his contact list then you just can't post one.
    Yeah but what if he did not have any restrictions and got a VM from a person that's not on the list and did not read it and set the setting? Its far fetched but you never know.
    Other opinions are available.

  18. #2768
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Yeah but what if he did not have any restrictions and got a VM from a person that's not on the list and did not read it and set the setting? Its far fetched but you never know.
    Trust me tut, it isn't that, there are no vm's there.

  19. #2769
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    642 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    yeah, it's not that. If I had a VM, i would've received at the least, an email saying I got a new VM here..but I've gotten no such emails. I'll try turning on / off different aspects of my profile to see if that has any effect, but I think it's just a glitch. I just showed up like, 2 days ago or so.


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  20. #2770
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    GT_RacerUK
    Posts
    724
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    is there a "Go Advanced" button with you?
    Yep but that takes me to an even more basic reply option there's nothing apart from text!

  21. #2771
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Go to your User CP, click 'General Settings' on the left side of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom and there should be an option to choose what kind of forum post editor you want - what setting is it set to?

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  22. #2772
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Go to your User CP, click 'General Settings' on the left side of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom and there should be an option to choose what kind of forum post editor you want - what setting is it set to?
    I've just changed it to the advanced one for him, see if that helps.

  23. #2773
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    GT_RacerUK
    Posts
    724
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,541 (0 Banked)
    an option to choose what kind of forum post editor you want - what setting is it set to?[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Comatosed View Post
    I've just changed it to the advanced one for him, see if that helps.
    Thanks for that. Any ideas why mine was set to that option by default though?


  24. #2774
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not too sure but it looks the problem is solved now.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  25. #2775
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crooky369 View Post
    an option to choose what kind of forum post editor you want - what setting is it set to?



    Thanks for that. Any ideas why mine was set to that option by default though?

    don't know, sorry, but it's the truth

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.