Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Shot View Post
    lawl
    Awesome response. I think this should be 'post of the week.' I mean, this just shows the amazing quality of your posts how much thought you put into them! WTF was I thinking, asking what you are doing on these forums?

Superior Member
    That's wrong. EA likes the PS3, or else they wouldn't have advertised it in the Battlefield commercial. No company has anything against any console. They're in it for the money.

IOW, the more platforms, the more money.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Girugamesh View Post
    Awesome response. I think this should be 'post of the week.' I mean, this just shows the amazing quality of your posts how much thought you put into them! WTF was I thinking, asking what you are doing on these forums?
    Thanks I am quite proud to avoid the flame bait, + rep?

That's wrong. EA likes the PS3, or else they wouldn't have advertised it in the Battlefield commercial. No company has anything against any console. They're in it for the money.
    Exactly, I dont get how people fail to see this.

Master Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Epic.Failz View Post
    http://www.thegamereviews.com/story-...-Not-Evil.html

In the story, valve praises ea for being a great company and developing superb games. Valve has been brainwashed by EA! No wonder neither company wants to deal with the ps3! Valve hates ps3 to begin with and ea gets tons of moneyhats for ms. The conspiracy has been solved on why orange box ps3 sucks and neither company wants to patch it.
    First of all, the ps3 isnt mentioned at all in the article. Valve are praising EA in general for having a good relationship with them in the past. The "brainwashed" part is just spin added by you.

Superior Member
    For a game like hl2 you do not have to shell out over a grand. Nor any pc game since they give you the option to modify the graphics. Besides when you add in a hdtv to get everything out of the ps3 it can easily exceed a pc price.
    And it's worth every penny for the far greater gaming experience. Of course, you'll deny that because all I EVER see you post is negative things about the PS3 and praising companies that shaft it.
    But when someone calls you out on it, you're like, "OH I LOVE MGS4. I JUST CRITICIZE IT ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH."
    I don't even know wtf you're doing on these forums.
    lawl
    Thanks I am quite proud to avoid the flame bait, + rep?

Oh you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 Owner Since Jan 1st '07 | Wii Owner Since Dec 06
    Bottom line, no one on the internet cares about you / anyone else. Stop acting like they do.
    http://instantjump.com

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic.Failz View Post
    http://www.thegamereviews.com/story-...-Not-Evil.html

In the story, valve praises ea for being a great company and developing superb games. Valve has been brainwashed by EA! No wonder neither company wants to deal with the ps3! Valve hates ps3 to begin with and ea gets tons of moneyhats for ms. The conspiracy has been solved on why orange box ps3 sucks and neither company wants to patch it.

Is that your reasoning? This thread is already an "Epic.Failz".

Forum Elder
    As long as we get Half Life 2 ep. 3 Im good and can care less about this conspiracy. If not, I will come back to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now playing: Oblivion and just beat the main quest after 100 hours.
    Huge Sasuke fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Is that your reasoning? This thread is already an "Epic.Failz".
    Definitely in agreement with this guy. No one reply and just let this thread move off of the front page, I am sick of looking at it.

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Reality is, Valve could not care less about the PS3, nor will it ever be a problem for them to turn their backs on it (because they have the PC development as their prime and the X360 is a lot like a PC in its architecture) and EA will port anything because it means $.

In all fairness EA did a decent job with TOB, however it ain't as good as the other two versions but still there are worse ports out there I've seen.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Superior Member
    Just because the PS3 port was a bad one, that doesn't mean Valve hates the PS3. They wouldn't have ported it to the PS3 at all if they just did it to suck. Why waste the money?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomemans View Post
    Just because the PS3 port was a bad one, that doesn't mean Valve hates the PS3. They wouldn't have ported it to the PS3 at all if they just did it to suck. Why waste the money?
    No. Valve really does hate the PS3. To be more specific, they don't like to develop for it. They called it a disaster.
    EA approached Valve to do the port. They let them....why wouldn't they? More money for them....but it would have been good to know if they cared for their customers!

As for this topic, what a ridiculous thing to say!

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    No. Valve really does hate the PS3. To be more specific, they don't like to develop for it. They called it a disaster.
    EA approached Valve to do the port. They let them....why wouldn't they? More money for them....but it would have been good to know if they cared for their customers!

As for this topic, what a ridiculous thing to say!
    Valve were pretty harsh with the PS3, not necessary imo, not professional at all! Calling it a waste of every bodies time is just childish and uncalled for.

Still devs can chose what to dev and what not to dev for, in all respects, only if they were more civil about their reasoning...
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Veteran
    Well, I was under the impression the GT comparison video lagged on the PS3 side because someone forced saves over and over and over and over in the PS3 video... So the real conspiracy came from GT, though the PS3 version is no doubt laggier than the 360 because it's EA we're talking about, and they NEVER take the hard route... They do as simple as they can. Buy rather than create. Dump rather than remaster. You know... Except for some games that start on the PS3.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The PS3 version looks and plays worse than the 360 version (I played both versions ) because EA takes the easist route and at that time didnt know much about coding for PS3. 360 version was done inhouse and is easy to code for with its pc like hardware architecture. As for Gabe his comments about PS3 were childish and unprofessional. PS3 owners have a right to be mad about both Gabe's remarks and getting an inferior port that EA refuses to patch. They sure didnt mind taking PS3 gamers money.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    could it be that's your opinion. Several gamers on this forum said the port is the same as the 360 and enjoy it quite abit.
    its far from the same. i felt the ps3 version was unplayable. just making your player turn around was a struggle, yet on the 360 it was all very fluid. don't get me started on the load times

Veteran
    Looks like EA has been giving Gabe a stock of Krispy Kream doughnuts.

Just buy it on the PC, like you're supposed to do. Buying console ports of PC games is just a silly to do in the first place, you should know better!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straits View Post
    Just buy it on the PC, like you're supposed to do. Buying console ports of PC games is just a silly to do in the first place, you should know better!
    See about halfway up the thread. This already has been said, argued, and forgotten. Almost verbatim to your post. It was just as pointless and off topic then. In the future, if you are joining a thread with many posts already in it, it is probably best to read all of them prior to posting. That way we all avoid the same arguments over and over.

The Orange Box seems, at least to me, that it was a tacked on project. EA dropped in on an unsuspecting team and said, make it work. It didn't, and now here we are.
    LMAO

Sockpuppet
    What ever happen to HalfLifeDev? He seemed to disappear pretty quickly.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSight View Post
    its far from the same. i felt the ps3 version was unplayable. just making your player turn around was a struggle, yet on the 360 it was all very fluid. don't get me started on the load times

its not that bad, your making it sound like the game runs at 5 fps or something aka having trouble turning the player around , when in fact its not so bad specially if you havent played it on a pc..

babyface
    First, I can't stress enough the fact that HL2 was a massively overhyped game on PC already (where I'd played it first, and was heavily disappointed with several issues). Second, it does have some occasional framerate issues here and there on the PS3, but it's still as much enjoyable as a game like that can be.

I think people are just making way too much of a fuss about something that's just a bad product. Just don't buy Valve games for the PS3 anymore, it's as simple as that. I'd like to say the same about EA, but that's not realistic, since they have just way too many development studios under their umbrella, and some of them DO deliver on PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    I've rented Orange Box on PS3 just to see what the fuss was about and it seems to run just fine.. Granted I didn't play the online mode stuff, but I don't get the hate this game is getting.

If Microsoft or the XBox conspiracy pans out to anything it's that they've successfully convinced you people there is a problem with this game in the first place.

babyface
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Ibut I don't get the hate this game is getting.
    I've got the sneaking suspicion that many of those people hating PS3 HL2 are doing so based on some reviews only where those issues were mentioned; a lot of these haters have probably never actually played it themselves.

But anyway, they didn't miss that much either, IMO, as it's not such a great game anyway. I still hate Valve for that meaningless story with no clear begin (read: connection to the end of the first HL) and no clear ending. Just some mystery here and there, so they don't have to explain things. And a lot of promised stuff such as the sooo-advanced AI was really disappointing in the end.

And don't get me started about that voiceless, empty shell of a so-called character, named "Gordon Freeman"... But that's true for all platforms...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    I have the game an I really like it. I am glad it came to the PS3 because I have had a lot of fun with Half Life 2 and Portal. I haven't finished EP 1 or 2 yet but I've played them and they run well enough to be fun.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fixuis View Post
    its not that bad, your making it sound like the game runs at 5 fps or something aka having trouble turning the player around , when in fact its not so bad specially if you havent played it on a pc..
    i didn't have trouble turning the player, it just takes longer, which sounds petty but it counts for alot when those monster things are attacking from behind. and it is bad if you have to pay full price for a game and have to settle for its faults, why is it that this gen it's the customers who have to accept badly made games. i'm sick of it

Thread Information