Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Star Wars Battlefront 3

There is a Star Wars Battlefront 3 coming out hopefully!
    I read a magazine and it viewed some games and they said Star Wars Battlefront 3 was coming!

Here is some information off wikipedia

Star Wars:Battlefront III is rumored to be the fourth game in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. It will likely be developed by Free Radical however their website lists merely a "Secret Lucasarts Project". It is to be noted that neither Free Radical Design nor Lucas Arts have announced this project to be Star Wars: Battlefront III, however hints have been made about it. A supposed ex-LucasArts employee, however, did come forward to unofficially announce several games in development including Star Wars Battlefront III. It is unknown whether the "employee" was an actual ex-Lucasarts employee, or merely someone posing as one.

Ohh yes its comming.

I know someone working on it, they are making "cutbacks" because they dont like the look of the way its heading, stupid companys

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by carocat View Post
    Hang on, Free Radical? I though it was Pandemic that did them?
    One or the other (Lucasarts or Pandemic) got in a huff with the other one.
    Mercenaries 2 is being released by EA, not Lucasarts this time around.
    I wish they would just patch things up because I cant imagine anybody doing as good a job as Pandemic.
    1 & 2 still get played regularly in our house.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Community Manager
    I just bought a PSP and the Battlefronts game on that, gutted I sold the Xbox version of both a few years back. Such a brilliant game!

why on earth would you let a company make a game for you, check back in say 6 months time then say ohh it looks crap, were putting it back a bit.

Wouldnt you have weekely updates or something, and if they didnt like the look of it, why didnt they speak up, waste of time and money, Haze was looking awesome in development untill Ubisoft made into a crapper

Master Sage
    Hell yeah, the Battlefront games have always been amazing. Nothing beats jumping around Tatooine as a Jedi or Sith, cutting everyone up with your lightsaber. I wonder if the new Battlefront game will use the engines used in Force Unleashed?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by encrypter View Post
    why on earth would you let a company make a game for you, check back in say 6 months time then say ohh it looks crap, were putting it back a bit.

Wouldnt you have weekely updates or something, and if they didnt like the look of it, why didnt they speak up, waste of time and money, Haze was looking awesome in development untill Ubisoft made into a crapper
    It''s how it works, you go on "milestone" payments system, you fund them for 3-4 months and they expected to have certian things sorted by that time. Checking every week would result in to much wasted time and also hinder the creative process.

It's most likly the art direction they dont like.
    I mean they already have a tmeplate in 1 & 2.
    Hell I'd be happy if it was just 2 with more maps and spruced up graphics
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by encrypter View Post
    That is actually pretty standard. Only in the later development phases would you have weekly updates.

Maybe its too hard, im just talking on a business perspective, this is your investment, but apparently the game companys dont use post, they just send the game data over huge VPN's so in theory the customer would see their product regular.

Its not as if were building a sand castle here, they are making a computer game that takes so much money and budge, just think its a silly way of doing it in my opinion.

After all they want game sales, and you would of thought the'd do everything in their power to insure its "sellable"

4eyedSnake
    free radical... oh well hopefully will be as good as the first 2

oh yeah I hope this is true because the first 2 battlefront games rocked. I'd like to see much bigger maps, tons more AI fighting at once and a great online mode would be key to the success of this game. I aint worried about it though, whoevers making it, if battlefront 3 can improve on the previous titles then this could be the biggest game of 2009

Dedicated Member
    I was a fan of the first one, but the gameplay is just too damn repetative to be a decent game.

Forum Elder
    i honestly hope it comes.this is one of my favourite series.

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It''s how it works, you go on "milestone" payments system, you fund them for 3-4 months and they expected to have certian things sorted by that time. Checking every week would result in to much wasted time and also hinder the creative process.

It's most likly the art direction they dont like.
    I mean they already have a tmeplate in 1 & 2.
    Hell I'd be happy if it was just 2 with more maps and spruced up graphics

I second that notion..

But I can't wait for all the new maps, graphical awesomeness and the improved scale of the battles.

Truly epic.

From what I remember:

PS2 - 24 players
    Xbox - 32 players
    PC -..didn't it have like 64?

That's nuts.

Community Manager
    I want Bespin Cloud City back! I was so gutted it wasn't in the second one, it was one of my favourite maps in the first! The different platforms, turrets, higher places to snipe, x wings, a main bridge over which was always fought.. Beautiful!

Elite Guru
    I want Bespin Cloud City back! I was so gutted it wasn't in the second one, it was one of my favourite maps in the first! The different platforms, turrets, higher places to snipe, x wings, a main bridge over which was always fought.. Beautiful!
    I never got the second, but it wasn't in it?!

That's...That's like a wrestling game without Hulk Hogan! A Footie game without Man United!

Good god!

this game should be awesome judging from the first 2 hopefully they wont screw it up. I loved the online play in the second one.

Community Manager
    Nope, it wasn't in it. Don't get me wrong, the second one had some great maps, but taking Bespin Cloud City away was a bad decision!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The team from Pandemic that made the first two Battlefront games is making The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, which is basically a battlefront game set in Middle-Earth.

Free Radical's "secret" LucasArts game is most likely Star Wars Battlefront III.

BigC3
    Battlefront III is the 4th one?
    What was the third, Renegade Squadren?
    And also, what would this game consisit of? Every single battlefield from the entire Star Wars Universe has (basically) been used!
    Also, due to more disc space, the player would want more missions, the story mode from BF2 didnt last really long. I'd be wanting hours of playing a story, and naturally amazing online play, including all the vehicles from the saga.

Apprentice
    I'm actually excited about Free Radical doing this (if it's true). The timesplitters series is great arcade action! I just hope they don't try to add in all this extra garbage that isn't necessary. I just want them to bring back more emphasis on ground-level vehicles. The 2nd game only had some kind of assault craft for infantry to get in in most levels. The first game had those, AT-ST's, AT-AT's, X-wings, Tie-fighters, etc., all mixed in with the ground battles. The only level with real ground vehicles in the 2nd game was Hoth (Geonosis had those dumb droid ships and 1 clone vehicle).

I've floated this idea around with some friends. Since this would be on next-gen (well, current-gen, I guess) maybe they could integrate ground combat and space combat into one unified level. Have ground troops fight for the planet map, then hop into an X-wing and take off into the skies into the outer atmosphere and take on a Star Destroyer or something, all in the same level. That would be sweet, but would most likely necessitate bots mixed in with real players online.

Also, I was never a big fan of the Jedi/Sith characters you could play as. I was usually bored to death when I took over one of them (except Boba Fett, he's sweet!). I'd rather see an all out war like the first game between Rebels and Empire (or Clone and CIS) and let the super powered characters kind sit it out (or be special AI characters like in the first game).

Oh yeah, and bring back Bespin (both levels), Rhen Var, and the Yavin 4 Arena levels. Those were the best!
    Mitchell: "What did you tell them?"
    Jackson: "We are Americans. Please shoot the people chasing us!"

Apprentice
    if this is true im happy as punch, loved both battlefront games especially the first and have been waiting for the third installment ever since....COME ON!!!!!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Xbox verison got it as a free download. Along with a few other maps.
    But yeah, it sucked it wasnt there orgirinally.

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Xbox verison got it as a free download. Along with a few other maps.
    But yeah, it sucked it wasnt there orgirinally.
    Really? I played the Xbox version and I never saw it? When was it released?

Thread Information