Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Road Rash for PS3??

I just had a stroke of genius when I put Soundgarden's Rusty Cage on. The initial riff of this song is used in Road Rash for the PC. If you don't remember Road Rash, it was a motorcycle racing game on open streets, where you could knock other riders off their bikes. The game was published by EA and came out in the mid-90s on PC and PS1. That game puts TT to shame, graphics nonwithstanding. So I was thinking that EA should make another Road Rash for PS3, especially if TT is successful. Lets face it, its from Polyphony, its gonna sell. Road Rash kicked butt. Oh my god, no one would even care about NFS if they keep screwing up NFS like theve done since Hot Pursuit 2 (HP2 is a neccesity in a PS2 owner's collection) and come out with Road Rash on PS3, NFS will prolly die off, and Burnout will have to have a motorcycle spinoff.
    Xbox 360 What? PS3 for life, or until PS4 comes out, whichever comes first. My PS2 is still my baby, though. Oh yea, go and listen to Soundgarden, Korn, Tool, Mudvayne, Godsmack, or Metal Church

Master Poster
    That was an amazing game, and the soundtrack to that was awesome. Therapy?, Soundgarden, Monster Magnet to name a few. I love the warped art work as well, they made some of those racers look really ugly. One screen especially sticks to mind with a dog peeing on the losers head...nice. If they make another Road Rash it will be like Burnout with bikes, on crack. I'd love to see a PS3 version.

Dedicated Member
    Man I loved listening to Sugar Ray's Mean Machine while playing Road Rash back in the days..

So yeah, I hear ya buddy. We need a next-gen Road Rash!
    The only thing that separates an avid gamer from a hardcore gamer is the selection of gaming platforms. For the hardcore, there is no selection.

Enjoying the FULL HD experience with a 42'' 1080p Philips HDTV, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and a Yamaha 6.1 surround setup!

Dedicated Member
    I remember that game! It was alot of fun too. Well the maps got stale fast, but the gameplay was fun. I just loved those little video clips of you getting beat up by a cop/ getting hit by a car/ Getting hit with a baseball bat... Those where hilarious. Yeah, the soundtrack was awesome.

I wouldnīt mind seeing a new version of it on PS3, but thereīs actually one remake of a racing game Iīm hoping for alot more than Road Rash. Carmageddon! Now thatīs a classic. Just thinking about a next gen version of it gives me shivers.
    Working on a new sig...

Animosity
    It was awsome because you could get knock off your bike and walk around abit.At the time,that was awsome.I'd like to see a overhauled version,sure.

"I'm gonna break my rusty cage......and run."

Elite Guru
    This bring back memory, Road Rash was great game at that time for PS1.

Superior Member
    Loved Road Rash, takes me back to to the all night sessions with my Megadrive and a few beverages ..etc.

Super Bias Moderator
    I had that game on the Genesis, good times.

Wii # 2775 0778 3886 7989

Superior Member

We can all see how great a game it is cos i still play it on my mobile!!!!

Couldn't care less.
    Not could care less. If you could care less about something you actually care about it.

Forum Sage
    Road Rage fills me with nostalgic glee, despite it being made by EA. They actually made good games back in those days! I used to play on that game with my little brother, along with what became my first extreme sports game to ever play, Skitchin'.

Skitchin' could make a welcome return if it had a good developer behind it (and not Activision - TH games have started to become annoying now).

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Superior Member

Slitchin' another classic! Me and my mate used to waste days on the megadrive playing that! California Games is another game that could be due for a remake as well i think.

Couldn't care less.
    Not could care less. If you could care less about something you actually care about it.

Superior Member

Redsoxfan24 I can see you have very good taste in music :P (see sig) and I too have fond memories of playing Road rash on the Genisis (my first console) and loved that game dearly, too bad the N64 version couldn't hold up...
    Currently playing: CS:S and NFS:UG2
    Next game to buy: ?

I carry no allegiance.

-Never The Machine Forever

What console to buy?
    PS3|40% 360|55% Wii|5%

Forum Elder
    i played this game, it was fun, perhaps no anymore.. i think that all games have their time, maybe this one just isn't that good anymore.. i also loved playing super hang on, also a motorcycle game ( from sega )

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Forum Elder
    Road Rash was awesome and addictive. If they just came up with this concept again, it would sell. I would be first in line to buy it.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ebony & ivory
    i played this game, it was fun, perhaps no anymore.. i think that all games have their time, maybe this one just isn't that good anymore.. i also loved playing super hang on, also a motorcycle game ( from sega )
    Its true that every game has its day, but think about it, wouldn't you love to play Road rash on a next gen console? Just thinking about the seeing the rider being flung off his bike into a parked car after a firm wack to the head with a crowbar in all its next gen physics glory makes me feel all funny inside.
    Currently playing: CS:S and NFS:UG2
    Next game to buy: ?

I carry no allegiance.

-Never The Machine Forever

What console to buy?
    PS3|40% 360|55% Wii|5%

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Road Rash for Sega Genesis was one of my favorite games of all-time. The music was awesome and the variety of bikes was very cool. If they made another one for PS3 I'd buy it.

Apprentice

I just enjoy kicking cops into the wall.Damn i hope EA actually makes its.That would pwned halo $#@!.

Superior Member

I remember Road Rash for the classic Gameboy (or is that another game similar?), and that was hella-fun. I'd love to see a new version for the PS3.
    [b]miickEe./www.miickee.net
    PS3 fund: $0
    Car fund: $2550

Dedicated Member
    Just imagine the bike chase scenes in the anime movie Akira, and you can think of a next generation Road Rash! I remember playing Road Rash back in the day when I had my old megadrive.

Man im starting to miss my childhood in ways lol, ohwell, 18 now, gotta start taking some responsibilities, like er....playing Road Rash next gen on PS3....

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Dedicated Member

I think im the only one here.

I always hated the first Road Rash, but LOVED Road Rash: Jailbreak!

I loved how you could swear, and literaly BEAT up the competetion with ur fists,chain, bat etc.

And the soundtrack was great also.

Forum Elder
    If they make this game they should inovate the weapons. I would like to see guns, ball and chain, nunchucks, swords, and sticks to put in between your opponents tires.

PSU Media Manager
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I loved Road rash for the Sega back in the day. that would be really cool if they made it for the PS3 but from what i heard Xbox is acquiring all Sega titles and maybe Road Rash would go under that in that it would be a Xbox360 Live arcade game.
    Best PS3 Website - PSU.com / CollegeOwlz - Sign up now - College Notes, College Textbooks, and Events.

BigChiefFan
    It was a very fun racing game with a twist. The cops were tenacious and some of the other riders really made it difficult. All in all that was a great racer. I'm sure the PS3 could really take the concept of this game and upgrade it big time. I think of Motorstorm when I think next-generation Road Rash.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeMaster Ice
    This bring back memory, Road Rash was great game at that time for PS1.
    It was a good game for PS2 too! RR 3D and RR Jailbreak were both brilliant extensions of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by GoreTex
    I think im the only one here.

I always hated the first Road Rash, but LOVED Road Rash: Jailbreak!

I loved how you could swear, and literaly BEAT up the competetion with ur fists,chain, bat etc.

And the soundtrack was great also.
    RR: Jailbreak was great just like the other Road Rash games becuase it had side-car mod which meant up to 4 players could play and it also had the cattle prod weapon! Oh and last but not least you could play as a cop!

And yes the soundtrack was great. Pushmonkey, Cletus and a whole other bunch of tracks that really suited the red-neck feel to the game. (Not that I like that sort of music but it just really suited it).

Forum Elder
    Good music, excellent game play and impressive graphics at the time made this game one of my favorites. Hopefully they will bring it back to Playstation. If they make it exclusively for X, then I will be disappointed.

Thread Information