Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by cap_826
    They're probably going to make a smaller PS3 a little into it's life cycle, too.
    I’m not so sure about that either because Sony did say they're going to make 2 Playstation 3s. One as a whole home theatre console and one as only a video game/movie console without recording capabilities. And because there's going to be 2, I don’t think there would be a need for another PSX.

Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The 2nd more complicated version could be considered the "PSX," but it would have 20 times more features than the PSX ever did. Even with the games only version, if that's in fact what they do, will still have so much tech stuff under the hood that they couldn't possibly make it very small.

Forum Guru

Re: What does everyone think?

That is way, WAY too expensive. I can't see more than 5,000 being sold worldwide, but who am I to say?

If they added TiVo i'd be sold =)
    The less a man makes a declarative statement, the less apt he is to feel foolish in retrospect. -- The Four Rooms

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daydark
    If they added TiVo i'd be sold =)
    Just so you know, Tivo is on the way out. Directv is abandoning them, and with all the HD content they are done for. It is all going the way of standard DVR type units.

Veteran
    if they could of drop the price they could of sold alot more psx out there. and like have a limite time offer in the USA.

wat do you mean limit time offer becuase i bought my PSX (PS1) for only $40 about 5-6 years ago.
    Every One Join The Next Generation of Chat!
    Join here and have the chance to be a Moderator or Administrator!
    All you have to do is consult the Administrator about becoming one!
    http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/sonyps3.html

Master Poster
    LOL sorry man, this isnt for PS1, PSX is a PS2/DVR hybrid
    See theres one example of someone calling PS1 by PSX
    I have no signature.
    No, really, i don't. You're just imagining this.

yes but clearly shown i saw 2 ppl talkin about the old old playstation a PSX and the small PS1 a PSX to correct me if im wrong but look it up....

Master Poster
    Yeh i know, but PSX was a slang term used by most people for the PS1, i have no idea why they called it that, was pretty silly really, and then people get confused cause Sony bring out an actual thing called PSX.
    The first Playstation wasnt the PSX, it was the PS, that was it, PS1 or PSOne as its mostly shown as was the smaller, compact Playstation, PSX is a PS2 with lots of functions such as digital recorder etc.. its a super PS2, an attempt of Sony to create a digital media centre for games, music, films etc..but sadly never worked out too well
    Some people are still confused with it, referring to is as the second PSX and so on
    Thats what i think of it

As for the PSX, i think maybe the time it was released wasnt the best of times, which is why i think it never really kicked off very well, but PS3 is there much better attempt at this
    So in a way we could refer to PS3 as the PSX2, but its best not to since Sony might release another PSX, who knows..
    I have no signature.
    No, really, i don't. You're just imagining this.

thank you for clearing that up with me and i checked out what the PSX would look like and it is kinda cool but its stupid for its use. all it is for is to play ps1 and ps2 games how corny is that!?!?
    also its called the "japenese version" i found on the net while surfing and found that interesting. why? Because the japanese are so advanced in technology that i thought it was a discrace to make some of so low quality.... but thats only my opinion wat do u think hunnter?

Veteran
    Ok you telling me you just found this out with out looking up why we have a PSX broad. just forget what I said.

you should be sorry, just kidding

your right and im sorry, its just that from a year or 2 ago around 80% of my friends turned into xbox fanboys, and i mean real fanboys and u know what xbox fanboys are like, pretty soon after that we were no longer friends but beeing in the same classes at school it was enebitble what happend, more arguments increasing in scale, not because i started em its just becausse they loved to come out with their stupid incorrect comments and i just corrected em and gave em some basic info about computers of course beeing fanboys they wouldnt listen so i desided there was no other way apart from total war, safe to say the arguments stoped prety soon and imnow friends with half of em again, we jsut not talk about xbox and ps2 much and the games instead which i can do as i have both consoles. woops tht went on abit and i havent even got to the main bit. okay basicly when the first psx news came out they were all like ha sony is bringing out a new games console and they cant even make any better hardware then in the ps2, well something like tht
    i just read morphus post in the wrong way, and im sorry for that, il try to not do that again i just jumped to conclustions and went into argument mode sorry once again

you should be sorry, just kidding
    playlist artists this month:
    DavidBanner, SlimThug, YoungJeezy, JimJones

The Chocobo Kid is a liar!!!

Yeh i know, but PSX was a slang term used by most people for the PS1, i have no idea why they called it that, was pretty silly really, and then people get confused cause Sony bring out an actual thing called PSX.
    The first Playstation wasnt the PSX, it was the PS, that was it, PS1 or PSOne as its mostly shown as was the smaller, compact Playstation, PSX is a PS2 with lots of functions such as digital recorder etc.. its a super PS2, an attempt of Sony to create a digital media centre for games, music, films etc..but sadly never worked out too well
    Some people are still confused with it, referring to is as the second PSX and so on
    Thats what i think of it

As for the PSX, i think maybe the time it was released wasnt the best of times, which is why i think it never really kicked off very well, but PS3 is there much better attempt at this
    So in a way we could refer to PS3 as the PSX2, but its best not to since Sony might release another PSX, who knows..

i already call the ps3 the psx2
    playlist artists this month:
    DavidBanner, SlimThug, YoungJeezy, JimJones

The Chocobo Kid is a liar!!!

mumbles your gonna lose massive points for double posting because it is against the rules (dum dum)
    why would you come up with that lame term for the PS3 coming out and it wouldnt be righht because if the PS1 was called PSX then the PS2 would be the PSX2 and then that would leave the PS3 the name of the PSX3 duh man think mumbles think!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky
    There's nothing different from the first generation PSone and the 2nd version. Just a size difference.
    That is wrong. The first PS1 had a slot for your Gameshark at the back but for the PSone has no slot for that. That's why there's a CDX of gameshark now.

Forum Elder
    PSX is a good concept especially with the hard drive feature. The original ps2 after it's release came out with a 40GB hard drive with Final Fantasy which sold for $100 U.S.D+ and was latter decommissioned for some reason. Did not really sit with some fans especially me, i didn't like final Fantasy series so why should i be forced to buy a hard drive with the final fantasy pre-installed . Sony should never try that again, especially with the ps3 they should not sell the hard drive pre-installed with any game. Let it come out by it self without any strings attached. Thats one of the reason that i may buy the psx.

30.82Mbps<--Download----Upload-->22.80Mbps

Veteran
    PSx could of ben the best but can't do to the over price system that no one can pay for.

Read the forum rules. If you can't contribute a decent remark, don't bother trying. Removed avatar(too big). Read your PM!

Edit: Your disregard of mod warnings has resulted in your avatar privileges taken away for 2 weeks. Disobeying another mod warning might result in a ban, be careful please.

PSU Media Manager
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thats hella expesive for a machine like that. Lets see...PS2 = $100. DvdR= $200. Portible TV =$50.....thats $350 and they want $1000 for it.....lol. Thats way to much
    Best PS3 Website - PSU.com / CollegeOwlz - Sign up now - College Notes, College Textbooks, and Events.

I think the PSX is way over-priced but I like the idea of a broadcast satellite tuner. Hopefully something they will do for the PS3.
    PS3 fund: $130

Super Elite

Re: What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Info:

Sony has unveiled the PSX, a new machine which combines a TV tuner, DVD recorder and PS2 into a single box. The PSX will include a hard-disk drive and broadcast satellite tuner and is due for launch in Japan this year and in Europe and the United States early next year as an all-in-one entertainment device for games, music and moving pictures.

What does everyone think? Too expensive? (Currently $995 for top of the range import model)
    I didn't know it was that expensive and I didn't really like the idea. Is it even being made anymore? I haven't sifted through these pages yet so I wouldn't know. It was just a gimmick to make more money. But isn't everything lol.
    *Own PS3 (60gb) Launch Day
    *Username = MikaMo33
    *R:FOM, COD3/COD4, RR7,NHL 2k7, Motor Storm, Oblivion, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, UT3, Orange Box
    *Own Wii: Zelda, Red Steel, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero III

Sony CEO can “produce the PS3 anytime”

I am almost done the article and will post it very soon.

Here it is, any suggestions as to make it better?

Sony CEO can “produce the PS3 anytime”

This bold statement came from Ken Kutaragi himself at the Las Vegas Consumer’s Electronics Show last week.

Could this mean the PS3 is almost done testing? No one knows for sure but Sony has not released much information about it which leads a lot of gamers to assume that it will go on sale in fall and not spring as Sony stated. There wasn’t much talk about the PS3 at this year’s CES and even the PS3 demo consoles on display had a tag saying that they were still subject to change. Ken Kutaragi said something very bold and if he does not support this statement by releasing the PS3 in spring a major upset will arise from gamers who have been waiting for the technologically advanced console to hit the market.

Ken has been very straightforward also saying that the “BD is technologically right. I hope the purely technologically innovative one wins.” This statement was regarding the format war between the Blu-Ray drives and the HD-DVD drives that will supposedly take over the now common DVD-9 format.

However this does not mean anything since a few years back the Sony Betamax lost to the now old VHS format. It lost even though Betamax was technically superior and could mirror on the next format war between Sony and Microsoft.

Walid Zaibak.

Master Poster

in the last line, change it from "technologically" to "technically"

Changed it but wouldnt it make more sense to say technologically?

Thread Information