Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Possibly Xbox 360 game shots..

These are supposed to be in game shots of games on the Xbox 360 taken from ourcolony, though unconfirmed the shot of the trees is supposed to be from a game called Kameo under development for the Xbox by Rare, it might make its away across to the Xbox 360 instead and the second shot is of a TVR Sagaris supposedly from the game Project Gotham Racing 3 which is rumored to be a Xbox 360 launch title, nice!

[Currently looking for an applicable banner]
    [Currently looking for an applicable signature, I really need to learn the rules in this place]

Apprentice

The I isnt a xbox 360 screenshot its from the xbox 1 version of Kameo.

Dedicated Member

Ourcolony revealed it so I figured it would have something to do with Xbox 360
    [Currently looking for an applicable signature, I really need to learn the rules in this place]

Superior Member

Don't listen to him... it's prolly the Kameo 360... those who say otherwise are deluding themselves. I've seen endless debate over this and all logic points to it being Kameo360. The reason he and many others are saying it's Xbox is that they're dissappointed with the graphics... go figure... that and most keep going on about how it looks JUST LIKE THE TRAILER... please. What this looks like, was RARE finally actually finished a game... problem is it was at the end of the console life cycle... so M$ said, we're getting our money's worth... put it on the X2 as a launch title!! WHat?? But we just... do it NOW... uhh... we'll dump you faster than Nintendo ever could... OK!!!! ... Good. They do a quick port over to the 360 do a little touch here and there and poof... Kameo360.

Sorry for being rude... but it's been going on and on and ON about how this isn't for the 360 and people are crying 'cause it isn't the super 1337 graphics they want and expect... people were setting themselves up for a fall expecting indistinguishable super realer than real graphics... and now that the fall's coming (not even necessarily... like I said it's prolly a port) they're crying their eyes out. Grrrr...

Pessimism WINS!!! YES!!! ;p

Dedicated Member

The graphics look pretty good to me how picky can you get?!?!

Superior Member

Oh you'd be surprised... a lot of people are betting the consoles next gen are gonna walk on water or something... I agree the graphics look fine, but everyone set themselves up saying uber REALISM is the way of the future... if it is I'll stop playing games now... it's a really nice looking game, but it's not the miracle people wanted. People expect WAY too much from the next gen consoles...

Dedicated Member

LOL I think a lot of people will be surprised by next-gen, its going to be a shocker but some people are shooting too high, reading the specs of the cell though it makes you wonder what exactly they'll be able to pull off.

Superior Member

Well, my inner ddiminutive optimist hopes for the Ps3 to pull FF:AC in real time... but then the massive pessimist in me kicks the snot out of him and says no way. I'm not saying we won't be impressed, you're right, we will, but so many are just so hyped... most of the people that ARE so hyped are forumites... so it's just... ... I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh... but I look through forums and see stuff like... because of XNA graphics are gonna be 100x more realistic and blah blah... which is totally stupid since XNA has nothing to do with content creation (sound aside)... not to single out Xbox fans... just an example... PS people are just as bad... ... it's just everyone invents these reasons why XYZ console is gonna blow us all away, and you it's garbage and you know it's not true, but you delude yourself thinking it is then you whine later that its not.

I mean, to take the Kameo example again... if you go through the Xbox forums people are saying if that's what X2 graphics look like then bleep M$, I ain't buying the console. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! The games don't look as good as your imagined standards, so you call the company garbage and boycott them?? That's just stupid.

I dunno maybe it's subconcious backlash... I've always felt art direction and style are the REAL graphics, techical pretty was just to back the art content up. Yet somewhere along the way I feel it's switched a bit, and techincally great graphics superseed artisitcally great graphics... so I rant... I think... the inner workings of one's mind is rarely straight forward... but yeah

Dedicated Member

I don't want to get anybodies hopes up so I never comment on an FF CGi and PS3 graphics comparison but being honest I think it is more than possible pulling off CGi graphics in games with little simulation, I'm not saying GTA will look like CGi, I'm saying games like Tekken 6 and their characters shouldn't be far off from FF:AC quality characters from a VISUAL viewpoint, a technical viewpoint is a different league but you shouldn't be able to SEE much of a difference inbetween Tekken 5 characters and FF:AC characters unless you really look, this also depends on how the cell pans out, Sony's whole plan relies on the Cell so let's hope they don't mess it up, if they do then no matter how powerful the GPU or how much the memory the Cell will be the deciding factor even though the aforementioned, specifically the memory are important factors:

Anyway below is a picture of Dead or Alive Ultimate characters and then under that is a character from FF:AC, you can see there is quite a significant difference but I see them pulling off VISUALS close to or the same as FF:AC, remember I said VISUALS, it will look like it but it won't necessarily be it, it's like how the Unreal Engine uses ten thousand polygons to make it look like a million polygons, the characters in FF:AC were made of probably tens of millions to hundreds of millions of polygons, they won't have the raw polygon count to contend but they can use tricks that will make the game look much prettier and make the characters look much better than they could otherwise, if you compare the Unreal Engine 3 to FF:AC visually the difference isn't HUGE but technically the diffrence is incomparable, if we're intelligent next gen theres no reason we shouldn't see something resembling CGi IN THE SENSE OF VISUALS, man I hate when people turn it back on me and start talking crap about polygons and blah blah and PS3 will never do proper FF:AC, that much is obvious I'm just saying games may very well look close to CGi quality.

Sorry that was a really bad comparison but I couldn't find a better example, anyway comparing Unreal Engine 3 to FF:AC in movie shots:

I hate to benchmark any game with Unreal Engine 3 but thats all I have at my disposal, we're expecting all next-gen consoles to surpass Unreal Engine 3 in terms of graphics and the PS3 to vastly outperform Unreal Engine 3 so the actual graphics would be a lot better than Unreal Engine 3 screenshots, again CLOSE to the FF:AC.

Elite Member

Makaveli, that 3rd screen in your post of a building on top a mountain. That from Unreal Engine 3.0? If it isn't, still wow! Cuz all I've seen of UnrealEng3.0 so far are some videos of a fountain, huge(but well-detailed) million polygon supporting beasts and some cool physics and texture & light based eyecandy. That screenshot is truly awesome. I also had one shot of a beast standing in between some trees, lemme see if I can find it. Hmm I'll post it when I find it(It was the huge beast with cannons for arms standing between some lush environment)

Veteran
    No, that is from Final Fantasy Advent Children (just look at the link, it;s in there)
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Dedicated Member

I don't know whats wrong with my advent childrens shots they look flushed.

Elite Member

Here is the image I was talking about. I can't say if its a doctored image or a real one. Saw it at a blog site.

Dedicated Member
    Isnt that a shot from the Unreal 3 engine? Its just from a different perspective here is the image i think its is:

Sorry its a bit big but i cant resize it, this image is DEFINATELY from the ureal 3 engine and i would say that is the same image just from the front, but the unreal engine is already in use with some soon-to-be released PC games, the main one being the new unreal tournament:

http://www.1up.com/media?id=1846930&type=lg
    http://www.1up.com/media?id=1846928&type=lg
    http://www.1up.com/media?id=1846919&type=lg

I think xbox 360 will be able to put this engine to good use if thie is the quality targeted for beggining of 2007 when this is to be released.
    See top class photography from PS3F Members HERE!
    New signature hopefully coming soon so you don't have to look at decreasing text sizes...

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnit
    Here is the image I was talking about. I can't say if its a doctored image or a real one. Saw it at a blog site.

That image isn't doctored. I posted a whole bunch of those, including that image, in the Gears of War thread. However...the site found that the images were hotlinked, and they no longer work. There were much more impressive images than that, although that looks very good.

And those 3 images you posted are from Unreal 2007.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Apprentice
    it will eventually spell out 3 SIX 0

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Coola
    it will eventually spell out 3 SIX 0
    Whoa, nice looking out.. How did you know?
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Dedicated Member

2 the same games on the list.

I noticed The Elder Scrolls IV was added twice on the game list, one was called "Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion" and the other one was called "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion".

I have deleted the less updated one.

Master Poster
    Have you linked all of the less popular one's content over to the new one?

I.E. When you add a new piece of news you select the game name so that piece of content is related to the game. The old articles that were associated need to be linked over to the new game. Let me know if you dont have access to do this.
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Thread Information