Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Final Fantasy X is slightly better.
    sig by killzone_71

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Final Fantasy X since it was my first FF game I would naturally say it was the better one.

When I got XII got into the middle, and kinda knew there was no love story. I wanted to put the game down. Because I like the love stories in video games for some odd reason.

You know after nearing the end of XII I kinda realized that I liked FF XII more.

I realized I liked that atomsphere there were more people around. So it almost felt like you didn't talk to the same person each time. Also it felt like u were free to do anything at any time. Unlike FFX which u really couldn't do anything until u got past Yunalesca. You could do sidequests in FFX, but it was much more freedom in FFXII.

I know people may gripe about the story cause I did too. I don't really like politics cause it gets to crazy can't keep up sometimes. I actually thought it was time for a timeout on the love stories.

At the core was the gameplay. I hated the fact I couldn't attack myself like a la Kingdom Hearts. You couldn't be helped that said. The game was much more difficult than FFX. I don't think anyone on the forums that played the two games can say FFX was harder. Cause if u did the sidequests for the Espers and Marks it was tough as nails. Ok maybe not for hardcore gamers, but average people it was tough.

Elite Member

I hated "my old man" Tidus, some of the character voicing was ok but Tidus was so irritating with his bratty self and dialogue. Yuna's dialogue was just incoherent, and she keeps pausing after every few words.

It felt like every few minutes all i hear tidus say is, "heh?, my old man???!!! yeahhhhhh, I HATE YOU!!!!!"

But apart from that, everything else in FFX is amazing.

Superior Member
    It really depends what you want out of the game. They're both fantastic RPG's with great music and great stories, but the battle systems in the two are completely different. If you're looking for a traditional random turn-based battle system, then go with FFX. However, if you want more of an interactive live battle system, go with FFXII.

Bin Laden
    Okay I really like the gameplay of FFXII but the fighting in FFX is kinda lame and dull and boring..Haha. Sorry for that.

Aisorik
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Laden View Post
    Okay I really like the gameplay of FFXII but the fighting in FFX is kinda lame and dull and boring..Haha. Sorry for that.
    FFX gets better once you get the you know uh.. limit break thingies and more characters. But yeah, it's still technically turn-based.

Have you played the "Tales of" and "Star Ocean" games? Combat's flawed but fun as the ****ens.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Bin Laden u may have hated FFX battle system, but atleast they gave u more control over it. I don't like turn based battles either myself but overall FFX would take it cause FFXII u really didn't control much except the magic and summons and Quickening moves.

FinalReaper
    Final Fantasy X All Da Waysss...... Since Square merged with Enix the games seem somewhat lack luster when in comparison with the otherr games made by Squaresoft.

Bin Laden
    Man alot of people love X..

Apprentice

Yeah give it up for Final Fantasy X..., i even got all my characters thru the whole sphere grid

Elite Member
    NOw granted, I only played a few hours of XII... But i never had to urge to advance in it. I had to force my self to play it! Something about it just didn't ... "Feel" right. FFX i could play for hours on end, i perfer FFX
    PSN - SillyHatMafia

Tekken Elder
    FFXII for quests, FFX for story hands down.
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Apprentice
    Man alot of people love X..
    That's because besides VII it had the best storyline of the series. Then they had to ruin it w/ X-2.

I like XII's play mechanics better however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    FFX 10. however if you want to play both, maybe you should start with 12 since FFX is so good, and the story is so good after playing it and going to 12 you may be disappointed.

FFX has regular turn absed random battles whereas 12 has realtime combat so keep that in mind.

Even though I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy Tactics. And that FFXII is also a part of the Ivalice Alliance. I did enjoy FFX more.

I like the story and characters of FFX a little bit more. My favourite character was Lulu Anyhow, the story did seem to have more emotion to it than FFXII.

Some people don't like the sphere grid. Well, I enjoyed FFX enough to replay it via the NSG. You can definitely beat the game in much less time without using the sphere grid at all compared to your first time. In fact one key to the speed game of FFX is minimal use of the SG. Rikku's mix called Trio of 9999 is the major key for the NSG. Plus, you will end up doing more careful customization and overlooked items become important as well. It's a lot of fun playing with different strategy! People have also done much tougher variants of the NSG. That's something I might try in the future.

But, I did enjoy FFXII as well. It has a huge world to explore. Lots of optional battles. But, then again FFX also has a certain place featuring lots of optional battles.

The story of FFXII is interesting at times. Especially around the beginning and near the end. And, I like certain characters like Fran and Balthier. But, the story does take a back seat at times due to the large exploration. I mean it was interesting. But, a huge amount of the time was either exploring or battling. Something, people liked was that you could see your enemies on the field. No more random battles. Although, random battles don't bother me as much as others. I love playing lots of the classic RPGs.

Oh, I thought gambit system for FFXII was okay. But, some people didn't enjoy it. I guess the reasoning is that if gambits are set up really well. You can watch your characters fight certain battles without having to do a lot. Unless, it is a harder or longer battle.

Just my opinion...but the last couple of "dungeons" in FFXII weren't so interesting. They actually were somewhat dull looking. And, I'm one who doesn't usually mind tough mazes. I didn't mind the large trap filled mazes of Phantasy Star or the one tricky Snowfly Forest maze in Vagrant Story. But, there is one near the end of FFXII that was not very fun. On a totally different
    thought...there is a "maze" in MGS4 that is quite fun. I wish more "mazes" were done like that.

Btw, when it comes to replaying for challenge. There are gamers who've tried the no license board challenge. Now, I am not sure if that has been completed. But, this is certainly a much, much harder challenge than the NSG. Not one that I want to attempt. Requires lots of grinding. I prefer challenges that are hard but don't take insane amount of time.

Btw, neither one has really good mini-games though. It's probably not even really correct to call them mini-games. hehe If you are a 100% completionist there is A LOT of game time for both FFX and FFXII. But, there are certain optional stuff in both that could give you a migraine headache or you could "pull your hair" out hehe But, then again there usually is such diabolical optional stuff in any game.

Last but not least. I also think the music for FFX was bit more memorable. FFXII's musical score was good. But, not quite as memorable for me.

Anyways, I liked both FFX and FFXII. Again, just liked FFX a bit more. Sorry for such a long message.

FFX will hook you up for some +40 hours.

It has got an intriguing story and gameplay mechanics even for adult male like me, so it's totally recommended.

I'm only at the start of FFXII and it's nothing like FFX as an experience so far.
    /Peace, Love, Happiness and Gaming\
    *Hatred towards fanboyism*

Dedicated Member
    I'm wondering which of these Final Fantasy game's is better. I've heard positive things about both game's and I have also heard negative things about each of these game's. So I'm here to battle them out.
    Why do I get the feeling that to both this thread and 'the many others' you have simultaneously started you already know the answers?.......

Anyway, this has been discussed before (as have most things mind you.)

X is the better overall in terms of story but XII does take the genre in a different direction. It's not that XII is bad in anyway, it's just going from the heights of X to a good game like XII feels like more of a drop than it really is.

I preferred the combat of XII over 'random battles' which feel dated and a bit last gen to me now.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I vote FFX, I did love FFXII, the combat not my favorite, I am a turn based *****. But the characters in FFX were better and more badass, Auron and LuLu doesn't much more badass than that. The world was much more expansive in XII, but it is all about being able to go above the break limit. When I could do more than 9999 damage, I just about crapped my pants cause all I ever wanted to do for the last 4 Final Fantasy games be able to do more than 9999 damage.

But as someone else said you should try FFXII maybe rent it first and then go buy FFX cause in all honesty you have time to play both before a decent RPG hits the PS3. I just got Star Ocean 3: till the end of time last month cause i needed an RPG fix after finishing the Xenosaga Series in January.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Apprentice

I gave 12 a go, I really did and it disapointed me, they created a great worl but to date had the most boring characters ever, there was nothing special about them <_<

I haven't really been hooked by any FF games since 7... what's that about? Which should I try next?

at first i love playing final fantasy but after a week,,its kinda boring,. don't want to play this game anymore!!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sadly enough i hadnt finished either, but god i love them both! haha
    FFX was better imo, and i like the battle system better than FFXII, might go play it...

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Final Fantasy X to me is better but I haven't finished FFXII yet. I need to start playing it again soon.

Superior Member
    for me ill choose FF X, im so addicted with that game..

Thread Information