Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Ray View Post
    I think that this news in not only important for the this specific game, but what about those other Sony exclusives on the market? If Final Fantasy could go over to the greenbox, I am sure other can/will.
    Are you reffering to MGS4? Because that is the only real one left. And the rest of the other awesome PS3 exclusives are 1st or 2nd party.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member
    Its all about money... and thats something that makes me go Hulky Hulky greeny
    Proud PlayStation User Since 1998.

1lyi1
    Sony needs to pay money to get this exclusive again. Versus is still exclusive, but I am truly disgusted.

Forum Elder
    makes no difference to me, we still get to play the game. and now even more people get to enjoy it.

only thing bad i have seen about this is people celebrating because its not PS3 exclusive when they should be celebrating that they will be able to play the best RPG of the year.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Superior Member
    Sigh........ And there it goes....... Sigh............

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "jay-stew-flai"

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    High dev costs and install base has nothing to do with SE decision. I'm sure M$ tried their best to get MGS4, but Kojima himself said no to them. It didn't matter about the install base, or the dev cost.

It's all about money this gen.
    Too true. I still admire Sony for not digging so deep into their pockets. They have confidence on their side. Microsoft has arrogance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Supreme Veteran
    If this upsets some of you so badly, prepare for more. MS do not plan to give up with console gaming nor with Japan. Their plan is to keep at it and eventually watch Japan accept them in, it's easy to say it'll never happen but show a people something for long enough and as history has proven curiosity draws people to it.

I'm not sure why there is so many sad faces or angered members, I mean aren't you in this for yourself? Why do you buy PS3's? To help Sony or yourself?

I have all 3 consoles this gen, whether a title moves from exclusivity to multi-plat shouldn't bother anyone here. It affects Sony in this circumstance but why are you so worried when they weren't to secure it (exclusivity)? Are you losing money are you?

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    What's the bet that somewhere in this forum, the stealth trolls are high-fiving each other?
    Of course, but that's going on all over the world at the moment.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Money talks bs walks. There is nothing wrong with SE doing what is best for them financially, but they look like ponds in MS game. Wada should have just come out on stage with a bought and sold sign on his chest like the dupe he allowed himself to be potrayed as. That is the only stupid part to all this uproar, the fact that MS shamelessly and childishly must continue to potray themselves as the bully capable of muscling Sony out of the console buisness, while SE has lowered themselves by participating in todays theatrics. I repeat their is nothing wrong with SE doing what is in their best intrests financially but the cynical fashion in which they so publically arrived at their decision makes them look weak.

Rapture
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm glad that you are amongst other gamers here, like myself, who have retained their sanity. I agree with your post completely, and I think everyone should read it before they go insane and type up a long-winded reply about how they're not going to play such a great game anymore because it moved to *gasp* another console, how could they?!

+rep, good sir.
    Thanks.

(To Everyone Else) Now don't get me wrong, I can understand why people would be upset. But it's being overdone, too much drama for today. If someone bought a PS3 just for this game, well, sorry. But that's the risk you took, and you fully knew that too.

All I'm saying, is everyone just calm down and think. You'll still get your game. When you think of it like that, you'll understand the world isn't as cruel as you thought moments ago.

I'm done for today, the entire Internet shivered at the news, fans rose up in an uproar with fire and pitchforks. Just too much for me.

I'm not really an FF fan, but I hope you all still enjoy your game.

Veteran
    Would you laugh if it was on five discs though?

Personally I don't care. Never played any. I'll probably get it when it comes out though just to see what we're all whining about.
    My game scores, based on how much I enjoyed playing 'em: Resistance: 93% Motorstorm/PR: 90%/90% RB6V: 45% NGS: 30% Oblivion: 30% COD3: 55% SC Double agent: 25% Full Auto: 0% Ridge Racer 7: 10%. Darkness: 88% FEAR: 70% Fight Night R3: 30% GRAW2: 78% Heavenly Sword: 84% Warhawk: 85% COD4: 92% Uncharted: 103% Everbody's Golf: 93% Haze 66% MGS4 72% GT5p+G25=100% Fallout 3 92% Infamous 100% U2AT: 115%

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    The facts are this;

1. The Xbox 360 version will require multiple discs.

2. The Xbox 360 version is not even in development yet.

3. The Xbox 360 version will not be released in Japan, it is still exclusive to PS3 there.

If you actually look behind the title "Final Fantasy on not PS3 exclusive any mroeazz!!" you will see it's not such a big blow as people think, once the Japanese PS3 version is finished they are then going to develop the 360 version, so really it's almost like a timed exclusive that Sony didn't have any part in creating. But Microsoft aren't even getting the game in the country that contributes for around 80% of Final Fantasy's sales. Do you honestly think that because it's on the 360 all the gamers Woridwide will suddenly drop their PS3's and purchase it for the 360 only?. As typical of a FInal Fantasy game you can guarantee loads of FMV's and the like that's going to eat up disc space so you can be sure the 360 version is going to have a number of unknown discs's to cover it.

As far as I am aware the PS3 version will be finished first meaning that it being multiplatform will not affect the game in anyway, but of course the games won't be exactly similar either. This could of been worse for Sony but underneath all the hype they haven't really come off that bad. They get to take further charge in Japan and the game is released on PS3 first.

Personally I will admit I don't like this announcement very much but everybody in the gaming world does stand to benefit fromt this as they get to play one of the best franchises ever made. You have to look at this from Square's point of view, with the rising prices of development costs the fact is 360 has made more headway in terms of console sales in NA and Europe it makes too much financial sense for them not to have at least thought about the possibility of releasing it on the 360, as we know the 360 is basically covering no ground in Japan and this is why they aren't making a 360 version there because that makes no financial sense.

Both consumer and Square are benefitting from this, so long as Square stick to their guns and make the best game possible on both platforms.

The PS3 and Sony aren't finished infact far from it, They still have XIII exclusive in the area that contributes to most of it's sales and they still have Versus XIII as an exclusive Worldwide. You can also be sure of some good announcements come tomorrow's conference.

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    When I first saw the video over at Gametrailers, I was honestly surprised and shocked, but then I thought about. Games are no where as cheap as they used to be to make this gen, Sony could've paid to keep this game exclusive but they didn't so now they're going to the 360.

If you want to put the blame anywhere, put it on Sony. Microsoft paid to keep Halo exclusive on the Xbox platform, Sony could've paid to keep the game exclusive on the PS3, but they didn't and look at what happened.

I think the first party ******** is getting way out of hand Sony, it's like you don't need your third party support anymore

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Ray View Post
    I think that this news in not only important for the this specific game, but what about those other Sony exclusives on the market? If Final Fantasy could go over to the greenbox, I am sure other can/will.
    Well that's only in concerns with 3rd party developers. And uh....I'm struggling to think of any upcoming 3rd party exclusives that Sony has to lose. It's a small list if it's there, at least Sony doesn't have much to lose anymore and A LOT to gain.

Apprentice
    There are only two things (in my opinion) that Sony can do to redeem themselves for this. 1 The announcement of a remake of Final Fantasy VII for PS3, or 2 The anouncement that they are somehow buying Square-Enix and they cancel the 360 version.

120 GB PS3 (20gb upgraded) Resistance, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank:FToD, The Orange Box, GTA IV, Genji, Need for Speed Carbon, Assassins Creed, Folklore, Enchanted Arms, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, The Darkness, Oblivion, Burnout Paradise, Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition, Disgaea 3

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    ManaKnight
    Actually, when I thought about it, I realized I shouldn't be so upset. I will no deny I was a bit upset over Castlevania: CoD coming to Xbox and DW Gundam coming to 360 also. The thing about both games were they were running on PS2/PS3 hardware LONG ago. Both those games took a direct port to Xbox/360. They looked NO different from the PS version in anyway. The only thing that might have given DW Gundam an edge on 360 was achievements and rumble, but now PS3 has both. Loading, graphics, sound, and so on were identical. I think that's what will happen with FFXIII, and as long as that's the case, we are okay.

If anyone remembers, there was a Square Enix article about them having financial problems right now:
    http://kotaku.com/5011016/square-eni...g-down-the-law
    Go Bulls! | Go White Sox!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    You aren't going to buy FF anymore because of this?

Really, ask yourself, what is it to you that a game is not going to be exclusive, do you have stock in Sony? Are you going to lose a job over this?

Don't buy the game, that's fine, leaves a copy for one of the true fans out there
    Make that 2 copies. I wont be getting this either now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddian! View Post
    So I guess FFX will be the last FF game for me as I will never support what this mf's at square-enix just did........
    But you support them when they bring final fantasy to Sony from Nintendo systems right?

Apprentice
    I found this info pretty funny, Sony lost another exclusive. FFXIII was one of the reason why I bought a PS3. I'm still going to buy the game for the PS3 though, cuz I'm sure the 360 version will be on multiple discs, plus my 360 gets pretty loud and heats up my room. Besides, I started playing FF games on the PS and I'm gonna stick with playing the FF games on the PS.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaded View Post
    The facts are this;

1. The Xbox 360 version will require multiple discs.

2. The Xbox 360 version is not even in development yet.

3. The Xbox 360 version will not be released in Japan, it is still exclusive to PS3 there.

If you actually look behind the title "Final Fantasy on not PS3 exclusive any mroeazz!!" you will see it's not such a big blow as people think, once the Japanese PS3 version is finished they are then going to develop the 360 version, so really it's almost like a timed exclusive that Sony didn't have any part in creating. But Microsoft aren't even getting the game in the country that contributes for around 80% of Final Fantasy's sales. Do you honestly think that because it's on the 360 all the gamers Woridwide will suddenly drop their PS3's and purchase it for the 360 only?. As typical of a FInal Fantasy game you can guarantee loads of FMV's and the like that's going to eat up disc space so you can be sure the 360 version is going to have a number of unknown discs's to cover it.

As far as I am aware the PS3 version will be finished first meaning that it being multiplatform will not affect the game in anyway, but of course the games won't be exactly similar either. This could of been worse for Sony but underneath all the hype they haven't really come off that bad. They get to take further charge in Japan and the game is released on PS3 first.

Personally I will admit I don't like this announcement very much but everybody in the gaming world does stand to benefit fromt this as they get to play one of the best franchises ever made. You have to look at this from Square's point of view, with the rising prices of development costs the fact is 360 has made more headway in terms of console sales in NA and Europe it makes too much financial sense for them not to have at least thought about the possibility of releasing it on the 360, as we know the 360 is basically covering no ground in Japan and this is why they aren't making a 360 version there because that makes no financial sense.

Both consumer and Square are benefitting from this, so long as Square stick to their guns and make the best game possible on both platforms.

The PS3 and Sony aren't finished infact far from it, They still have XIII exclusive in the area that contributes to most of it's sales and they still have Versus XIII as an exclusive Worldwide. You can also be sure of some good announcements come tomorrow's conference.
    Great post, Phaded. I agree just with the facts alone. But your post basically puts this drama to a close, hopefully. +rep
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Alakratt
    Really, what is the matter with Sony?! That Yoshida dude is really destroying everything! What the Hell will happen next? Sony is concentrating too much on first party titles, frankly, that's not enough, look at Nintendo! Sure, they made a good deal of money (and still are) with the Wii, but their games are quickly falling off of everyone's mind. Either somebody assassinates Yoshida or he gets a brain installed, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    It doesn't really surprise me that MS is getting it. Square-Enix hasn't been making the kind of money that they've wanted to. I think they're making more money in the amusement parks then consoles

If putting it on the 360 helps with their sales, go for it cause I'm a supporter of Square-Enix first, exclusivity second
    What have they released that would garner all this money they want to make? Nothing by SE has even released worth note in a while aside from CC.

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Nomura has to announce the remake of FFVII because there's way too much **** and anger going on

Actually to be honest, I think the frustration caused by the fact FFXIII isn't going to be exclusive would outweigh the fact that FFVII is going to be remade

I'm personally feeling a little angry right now

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Make that 2 copies. I wont be getting this either now.
    But why?, logic like this just elude's me, your obviously upset about the fact that this game is now multiplatform, what you think that by people not contributing to the PS3 sales of this game that this will convince Square to make more PS3 exclusives?, no it will just drive them further away.

Dedicated Member
    People on this forum are acting like France during WW2. You think this will be the end of Sony but really your reaction to the E3 news will be the end of Sony.

1lyi1
    Square Enix is now officially M$'s *****.

Thread Information