Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

A terrible confession to make

Dear all,

Today I did what many on this board will consider a terrible thing. I went down to my local Play and Trade and asked what I could get in trade for my PS3 and games. I was offered a very generous and fair price, almost as much as I could have ebayed things for. I was able to get with the credit.

360 (20 Gig, Falcon chipset, 4-18-08 build date.)
    Digital Audio Cord
    Charge set for controller
    Media PC remote
    2nd Controller w/ charger
    Bioshock
    Devil May Cry 4
    Sid Meyers Civilization

and Viva Pinata for the Kids.

I was discouraged from picking up the wireless adapter by the people at the store, as they said it was way over priced, but the off brands ones are of questionable quality, and wired is in the end a cheaper and more solid connection.

So Im off to lowes tomorrow to buy some CAT-5 cable.

But it puts me in a quandry. Im not sure I should be here anymore. I dont want to be a hater. The PS3 is a fine quality machine with its own strenghts. THere were some X box titles that I really wanted, as well as a few other things. I have to say that it was a long LONG anguishing decision for me to make, especialy giving up the Blue Ray Player. However, i am a man of simple means and I could not afford both.

But this is the Ps3 forums.

Is there a similarly intelligent forum for Xbox owners? I have tracked a few down but they are mostly about modding (which I am not in favor of), or filled with LEET HAXORS. As a 37 year old father of three, I am neither Leet nor a haxors. If someone could suggest a fine estabilshement, I will migrate over there with a fine farewell thanks to all the PS3 owners here, who have allways treated me with kindness.

Diggitydug.

Forum Sage
    You can still post here. There is no rule requiring you to own a PS3 to post. There are no licenses required to post in the PS3 section or vice versa. It is a public forum.

Elite Guru
    teamxbox.com?

Pretty good one.

Master Poster
    You might as well just stay here.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Super Elite
    If more people think like you then we'd have forum peace.

Dedicated Member
    There is a fairly strong 360 community here(though much smaller than the PS3 one). I'd try staying here, at least at first.

Some great posters, myself, and you still get Nuvian-bot posting news, so everyone's happy
    www.freerice.com - 20 grains of rice donated per answer

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Stay posting here. This is by far the most "civil" of all sites where interaction between 360/Wii and PS3 owners are concerned.

There are still quabbles, but we're generally a one big, happy, disfunctional family.

Oh, and congrats on your purchase.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Elite Member
    I would stay here as there is a high quality XBox forum on this site. I am sorry for your loss (PS3) but congrats on your new purchase. I hope that it works out to better fit your gaming needs. Please do stay at this forum site because we can't have enough people like you. The forum needs quality people and you seem to be one of them.

Super Elite
    Stay hear and maybe check out TEAMXBOX forums, that's about the biggest 360 forums i can think of, the 360 section on this forum has all the biggest 360 news though.

Forum Guru
    This is honestly one of the better forums for 360 owners. I think we all get along pretty darn well. I own and love both consoles so you'll see me in both sections.

Thanks guys for the support!. I really do like the community here. There are a bunch of awfuly nice people. Since you xboxers are so helpful and informative, I would like to tap your advice.

I know the xbox is backwards compatible with about 300 games. I have never owned an Xbox before. Are there any MUST HAVE previous games I should search for? I mean, Ive never even played HALO 1, so Im thinking on picking that up. What about any others?

Thanks!

- Diggitydug

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They take fanboyism pretty serious here, I think. You'll be fine staying here. Haha.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by diggitydug View Post
    Thanks guys for the support!. I really do like the community here. There are a bunch of awfuly nice people. Since you xboxers are so helpful and informative, I would like to tap your advice.

I know the xbox is backwards compatible with about 300 games. I have never owned an Xbox before. Are there any MUST HAVE previous games I should search for? I mean, Ive never even played HALO 1, so Im thinking on picking that up. What about any others?

Thanks!

- Diggitydug
    If you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying it's company, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic would be my first recommendation. I would also check out Psychonauts (which is available for download on Xbox Live), and Beyond Good and Evil.
    1080i issue solved! Disclaimer: Purchase of Pioneer PDP-5080HD required. Some restrictions apply.

The Game. You lost it.
    Try out Halo 2 as well, the campaign is tons of fun. Not to mention the LAN.

Superior Member

Thanks!

- Diggitydug
    First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll find plenty of games to play. For Xbox 1 games, I would recommend the following:

KoToR
    Jade Empire
    Pyschonauts
    Chronicles of Rid$#@!
    Dreamfall
    Indigo Prophecy
    Fable
    Sudeki
    Ninja Gaiden Black

May need to verify for BC. In all honesty, there are more than enough 360 games to pick up right now so I would recommend starting with that catalogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN ID: Outrage, Gamertag: Ou7rage

Too many games and not enough time.

Veteran
    congratulations on your purchase. shame you had to trade away your PS3 for it, but hey, such is life. I hope you enjoy it.

and you're fine here as long as you don't start acting up against the PS3 =)

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacfan4321 View Post
    Try out Halo 2 as well, the campaign is tons of fun. Not to mention the LAN.
    Just get Halo 3, it's the best in the series. The Halo 2 community has moved on. Only the absolute die hard Halo 2 fanboys are still playing it.

Superior Member

I have always thought that there was a great advantage to discussing 360 news on a PS3 focused forum. The people who post here tend (it’s not universal) to be people who truly enjoy gaming and are open to good gaming experience regardless of the company providing it. TeamXbox is way too gung ho for my liking.

It isn’t perfect here, but there are a lot of people bringing quality news and good discussion. On Xbox forums you tend to just get way too many fanboys. I really like my 360, but I am not interested in one-sided information.

As an aside, don’t completely relegate Viva to be just for the kids. It’s a very fun addictive game for adults as well. It actually might be a bit too tough for a lot of kids.

The Game. You lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Just get Halo 3, it's the best in the series. The Halo 2 community has moved on. Only the absolute die hard Halo 2 fanboys are still playing it.
    He was talking about BC. I know this, like everyone else.

Kids these days.

Master Guru

Thanks!

- Diggitydug
    I'd recommend the two first Halos, not because they're phenomenal (only the first garners that description), but because I played all three in order and seeing the story (even if it was badly told) connect is a really cool experience.
    I'd also recommend Fable, Knights of the Old Republic, and it's sequel. There was also a good plane flying game, but the name escapes me right now... anybody care to enlighten me?
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

Elite Guru
    I highly suggest Mass Effect, and pick up the re release of Gears. It's only $40 now and it includes all the DLC for free. Easily worth it.

Master Poster
    Here is just fine where you need to be

Elite Guru
    I suggest you pick up Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge, the single player is awesome and the multiplayer is so addictive, I still don't understand why there wasn't or hasn't been a sequel, also you should pick Panzaar Dragoon.

You will still find a good game of Crimson Skies online til this day.\

Is that the game you was looking for exYle
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Super Elite
    I'd have to agree with everyone and say stay here

I haven't actually slept in 4 nights so I can't think of many games of interest on the original Xbox, the original Halo comes to mind but that's it Kotor I played on the PC but if you don't mind non Jrpgs on consoles then by all means play it! great game

I dont want to be a hater.
    Unless you start making claims of superiority and/or bashing PS3 owners/games you have nothing to ever fear, not owning a system and hating a system are entirely different things and most/some/ok maybe a couple people here know this
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Push my Phantastic button
    PSN ID
    PHANTASMN707

Thanks!

- Diggitydug
    Must have titles? I probably don't even have all of these, but some good titles to check out would be Halo CE, Halo 2 (both would be no brainers ), Jade Empire, and KOTOR off the top of my head. I've played part of KOTOR, and it was pretty fun, but I haven't touched Jade Empire yet. And don't forget that there are the Xbox Originals available on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Thread Information