Apprentice

Best Co-op game for ps2

I'm looking for something that would be good to play on a road trip or something. Preferably a first person shooter or action. I'm not much of a sports fan.
    Suggustions.
    Ps. I'm also considering chaos theory (both coop/singplayer....good for playing in the middle of the night.)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    There is a very fun Lord of the rings game, I think its the two towers but maybe not. I am pretty sure it is made by ea. Anyways check it out.

Apprentice

I already have LOTR ROTK...it is somewhat fun. It's no good though when you find that your friend gets stuck behind a wall because of the camera angle and can't get out.

Elite Guru
    Timesplitter 3 would be great for co-op and it's FPS game.

Apprentice

Chaos Theory was/is one of my favorite games for single player but I don't recommend it just for the co-op is short and just not very good. Look into Rainbow Six 3 or maybe Dark Alliance, even though it's kind of old by now.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoticPoison
    Chaos Theory was/is one of my favorite games for single player but I don't recommend it just for the co-op is short and just not very good. Look into Rainbow Six 3 or maybe Dark Alliance, even though it's kind of old by now.
    Dark alliance overall a fun game but kinda slow nothing like an fps but still fun for two people just make sure whoever your playing with isnt an experience stealing bastard lol good luck and safe trip

Might as well save me the trouble and put your face in my cross-hairs, Why delay the inevitable?

Apprentice

Yah, I actually played through the xbox version with a friend. Only problem was he refused to let me have any good items and I was his basic cannon fodder/friend in the game. (we only get along on fps in co op. Still love "the library" in halo on legendary. That is probably the best level ever....)

Apprentice
    Baldur's gate, Dynasty warriors

Forum Sage

I found LOTR ROTK a kool Co-op game too. However it was short, and uh too simple.

Dedicated Member
    Any Medal of Honor game. My favorite from a co-op perspective is Rising Sun, but Medal of Honor Frontline is great too.

50" 1080p Panasonic Plasma-Bose Home Theater-60gb PS3-Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed-7 BDs
    Wanted List: Killzone 2, Haze, Uncharted, Folklore, Devil May Cry 4
    Sig made by Killzone_71

Tekken Elder
    The Worriors is very fun to play co op
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Apprentice
    Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is a pretty fun Co-op game.
    Knowledge is Power. Arm Yourself.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/6381050/petition.html --Petition to bring back Old Nickelodeon Shows.

Nintendo Fanboy: 28%
    Sony Fanboy: 61%
    Microsoft Fanboy: 11%

Dedicated Member
    I find basically any first person shooter that's co-op, a fun co-op game. Well most. I say your fine with any game you choose that was recommended on this thread.

50" 1080p Panasonic Plasma-Bose Home Theater-60gb PS3-Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed-7 BDs
    Wanted List: Killzone 2, Haze, Uncharted, Folklore, Devil May Cry 4
    Sig made by Killzone_71

Apprentice
    Well, if your into Star Wars any you could pick up Battlefront 2 for the co-op. Aslo my next choice would be 007 nightfire because from Russia with Love just blew.
    Part of BLACK 7th Wave Spec Ops. currently waiting for ps3 to come out so we can play resistance fall of man!!! next best shooter, halo killer maybe..

Apprentice

Hmmm....i have a friend who owns it for ps2. I'll borrow it. Also, I heard nightfire's single/co-op sucked. It was only good for multiplayer against bots....that gets old fast. Only worth it on gamecube if u ask me. Then it feels more "natural" because of the linear gameplay.
    bot rushes--->use tv rocket--->blam

Breath of Fire_691
    my favorite co-op game is the new ratchet and clank game, me and my little brother conquered that game

Apprentice
    Star Wars battle front 2 is a great co-op, along with many other of the modes it has in it. I believe that it is one of the best games out there right know, I didn't like Ratchet and Clank in the co-op part the controls are kind of messy and i just didn't like it. But I did like all of the other RAtchet and Clanks.
    Volkswagen Buses are pretty sweet cars

www.thesamba.com "when your daily driver isn't enough.

BloodshedDude
    Frontline is a co-op? How come I don't remember that? Dynasty Warriors is a great co-op game and was the first game that got me hooked on the PS2.

How 'bout the last Splinter Cell - it has some co-op levels. Has anyone played those? I'm curious how those play out. I hope there's a bit more co-op (online co-op even better) in the future. It appears to be an area that's really lacking. I'm thinking some online Ikari Warriors action would rock!
    Yay - I gotta sig! "Dumb like a moose Dib, dumb like a moose."

BloodshedDude
    How do you play Ikari Warriors online? Speaking of which, last time my bro and I visited home we rocked the Ikari Warriors on the NES. Bad news is someone has taken my freakin Legend of Zelda. Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodshedDude
    How do you play Ikari Warriors online? Speaking of which, last time my bro and I visited home we rocked the Ikari Warriors on the NES. Bad news is someone has taken my freakin Legend of Zelda. Grrrr.
    Well you can't - yet. But it would be cool - no? A top down shooter ala Ikari Warriors online? That would be awesome! Or Total Carnage (anybody remember that one?).
    Yay - I gotta sig! "Dumb like a moose Dib, dumb like a moose."

I rented star wars Episode 3 the game so me and my friend could play the co-op. That is the worst co-op EVER!!! It was beat people, door open, beat people, door open. You were in a single room the whole time. what a peice of cow poo. My fav. co-op game was... Lego star wars, and um... that's it. Most other co-op games suck because its only a few missions. I like when the co-op is the whole story. I can't wait for a PS3 game FPS that is 4plyr co-op. I will get any game at launch that has that.
    <I can't spell>

Elite Guru
    MOH: Frontline isn't co op, is it was, I'd be playing it with a friend right now, I think he meant that it was a great game unto itself.

Anyways, this is a good thread, I've been wanting the halo co op feel for my PS2 forever!
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Forum Sage

[LIVE]Acti: Blur to do for racing what CoD did for shooters

Michael Griffith, CEO of Activision, has said that the publisher hopes the upcoming Blur will have as big of an impact on the racing genre as Call of Duty has had on first person shooters.

Speaking during the company’s quarterly earnings call yesterday, Griffith stated, “From a business perspective, we are targeting Blur to do for racing what Call of Duty did for shooters, and that was the goal when we originally acquired Bizarre Creations to make this game.”

Griffith divulged that the racer is shaping up particularly well, noting that journalists will be able to get their hands on it for the first time at E3 in June.

"Blur brings real innovation to the racing category and is looking very strong. You will all get a chance to see this game first-hand at E3, but suffice it to say, we are excited to be entering this genre with this game,” he said.

Activision Blizzard’s Robert Kotick also chipped in, adding, "... we have we think a unique opportunity in the racing genre with Bizarre Creations, one of the great developers of racing product, and we are especially excited about entering what has been historically one of the biggest categories of video games that we have not been in before, and as Mike said, we expect to do in that category over time what we did in the first person action category with Call of Duty."

PSU will be in attendance at E3 next month, so we'll be sure to bring you our impressions of the ambitious racer from the show floor.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/acti_blu ... oters.html
    *Kiss My X Box Flavoured Ass*

BustenRhymes7790

Re: [LIVE]Acti: Blur to do for racing what CoD did for shooters

Changed thumb.

Thread Information