Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Sage

Is the drought over?

So, I saw a Wii at Best Buy last week, and this week I saw some at Target. That's the second time I've seen them at Target since I moved to a small town (and the last time, I bought the last one...), and I'm thinking it may be about over.

Anyone else seeing Wii in stock more often in the US?

Superior Member
    I saw some at the Target near me the other day, about 6 of them I think. But they were gone by the next day when I went back so they might actually be sitting on the shelf longer than 1 hour like that study said a few months ago.
    Doing my part to stimulate the economy...

Elite Sage

Yeah, I have been seeing them at 7PM or so, which is pretty late.

I think Nintendo will actually reach a brief period where you can mostly just go out and buy one if you want. I doubt they'll drop prices, though, this close to the holiday season; they can't have enough stock to make that work. But we might see a price drop next spring!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Still as dry as ever around me and demand is still up.

Veteran
    Why in the world would they even consider a price drop if they are selling out?

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    Why in the world would they even consider a price drop if they are selling out?
    Because I think they're no longer nearly as sold out as they were, and they're probably still increasing production. By the time they're up to a full 2.4M/month, they might actually start to have stock... At which point they might benefit from a price drop, except I think they'll get plenty of boost from the holidays.

But next year? Next year, I think, they will have sold enough systems that they will no longer be selling out nearly so fast.

Apprentice
    Still hard to find in my area, but I don't look very often. (I want to get one for a family gift.) I heard reports from co-workers that a local Best Buy was stocking them under the counter and you had to ask for it in person, but they were sold out when I got there.

I'm not sure we'll see a price drop this year but I could see one happening next Spring.
    60GB PS3 Rotation : Midnight Club
    512MB Wii Rotation : Tiger Woods 09 / Wii Music

Thread Information