Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)

    "1v1 goes to 20"

    Today, there was some r*tard that wanted to challenge me to a 1v1 because he had said something then I said something as a form of retaliation. It was basically because he was claiming that he was going to get me with "no scope, it's no joke" and every round either I killed him, or a teammate of mine did.

    Anyway, after I said "Where's the no-scope?" because he had repeatedly claimed that he would do it, he was like "1v1 me now, b*tch!" and he left and sent me an invite. Being open-minded, I accepted the invite and he had three other people as spectators for the match. He killed me the first four times until I had gotten used to his strategy of randomly tossing "stun grenades" as a measure to prevent me from moving fluently, I took the lead. He then started coming up with excuses for his lack of skill, claiming "Yeah bs you're just camping in the grass" (duh, I was finding a way to get around his stun grenading method).

    It was only after my score was 10-6 that I had decided that I proved (to myself) that I could beat him, and felt that that was enough. His buddy (then himself) sent me messages, saying I was garbage and that technically, the score is supposed to go to 20. I had originally indicated that I was only going to ten, and he's like "Yeah, whatever". Sounds like he was just a little angry that I had caked him after finding a way to maneuver around his strategies.

    Do you not agree that people like him are absolutely annoying? It baffles me, what is 1v1 going to prove? What, that I'm the better man at an online game? Or that he's the better man at an online game? Sounds like somebody has some issues with insecurity. Anyway, yeah - discuss people challenging you then beating them to a bloody pulp, and how 1v1s in general are stupid.


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

  2. #2
    Master Poster

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,443 (0 Banked)
    were you really camping in the grass?
    if you were and we went 4 and 0 on you then you camped and then on top of that stoped at 10 you didnt really "cake" anyone.
    you just sound like you found some good hiding spots and stopped before he could counter you method of attack.


  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    were you really camping in the grass?
    if you were and we went 4 and 0 on you then you camped and then on top of that stoped at 10 you didnt really "cake" anyone.
    you just sound like you found some good hiding spots and stopped before he could counter you method of attack.
    or I just stopped because this guy was really starting to do very badly, so I just decided there's no point in continuing the 1v1. I didn't camp in the grass, I hid there until I heard where he was (I use dead silence, which took about three seconds) and approached him from behind and killed him with the MP5 silenced.

    I moved around every time I died, or killed him, and hid.


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

  4. #4
    Master Poster

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,443 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony Pizza View Post
    or I just stopped because this guy was really starting to do very badly, so I just decided there's no point in continuing the 1v1. I didn't camp in the grass, I hid there until I heard where he was (I use dead silence, which took about three seconds) and approached him from behind and killed him with the MP5 silenced.

    I moved around every time I died, or killed him, and hid.
    just sounds like you *********ed out

    moved hid and quit when you got the lead.


  5. #5
    The Game. You lost it.
    tmacfan4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,883
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    241 (0 Banked)
    If you are serious, you are a joke maltrophstitan.

    These little kids don't have anyone to play with, so they try to get attention on Xbox Live.

    They are all little $#@!s.

  6. #6
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacfan4321 View Post
    If you are serious, you are a joke maltrophstitan.

    These little kids don't have anyone to play with, so they try to get attention on Xbox Live.

    They are all little $#@!s.
    I hope that you are not referring to me, kind sir.


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

  7. #7
    Master Poster

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,443 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacfan4321 View Post
    If you are serious, you are a joke maltrophstitan.

    These little kids don't have anyone to play with, so they try to get attention on Xbox Live.

    They are all little $#@!s.
    im just saying, why didnt he go to 20?
    why would he admit to hidding in the grass then stoping the game after he got the lead at 10 kills
    what was the score 10 to 6 come on now.
    he went 4 and 0 to start the game off, pizza decides he cant go straight up with him and hides comes back and gets the game tied up the swap a kill or two then after he gets a small lead he leaves the game.

    no chance for the other player to attempt to adapt to pizzas play style and keep the game going.
    i would have gone to at least 15. it wasn't even like pizza was dominating the other player it was 10 to 6 with pizza getting himself owned the first few minutes of the game.

    some people like to talk smack and see where they fall in the community of players they play against, i can see that.
    some people just like playing 1 v 1, i like to with friends. i wont go out and talk smack and try to get a game to play but its fun when someone wants to set up skrims and stuff.

    but thats what i think off pizzas post. he didnt show anything to say he was the dominate player and i probably would have been pissed if i was playing him to what i thought was 20 and he stops the game at 10 when he scrapes out a lead by hiding in the grass waiting for me to run by because he couldn't compete with aim or quickness.


  8. #8
    SnowHawk
    Guest
    I do 1 v 1's with a 10 minute time limit and unlimited points and whoever has the most points wins. seriously you stopped after 10 points ??? sorry bud but it does sound like you left because you was winning.

  9. #9
    The Game. You lost it.
    tmacfan4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,883
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    241 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony Pizza View Post
    I hope that you are not referring to me, kind sir.
    LOL. I was referring to the kid you were playing against.

    If you said you were playing to 10, you did the right thing.

  10. #10
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,189
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,616 (0 Banked)
    It was only after my score was 10-6 that I had decided that I proved (to myself) that I could beat him, and felt that that was enough. His buddy (then himself) sent me messages, saying I was garbage and that technically, the score is supposed to go to 20. I had originally indicated that I was only going to ten, and he's like "Yeah, whatever".
    If he agreed to 10 before the match, you were okay to quit when you did. If he didn't agree to it even if you suggested it, you shouldn't have left....because by joining his match you agreed with him about to 20, that is if he didn't agree with you in the first place.

    But the part I bolded, suggests to me that once you were able to convince yourself that you could beat him you left. He challenged you, he wanted to see if he was better than you. He started out better and you countered....but he had no chance to counter you. You assumed by the way he was playing that he won't do better. That was your assumption....oh well, not like it matters...

    People like that annoy me too. I just mess with them though....but this kind of stuff happened to me in Warcraft 2 or 3.

  11. #11
    Master Poster

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,443 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacfan4321 View Post
    LOL. I was referring to the kid you were playing against.

    If you said you were playing to 10, you did the right thing.
    he just said they thought they were going to 20. And then Pizza stopped the game when he had a 4 point lead.

    how would you feel pizza if that guy decided to stop the game when he was up 4 to 0 on you?

    pizza admits to changing his play style and finding hiding spots in the grass and trying to sneak up behind him which is fine but really its a 1 v 1 you trying to show some sort of skill besides waiting for a player to run by and then sneak up on them.
    Pizza agreed to a 1v1 got worked snuck a lead out and quit, thats how i see it from what he wrote.


  12. #12
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Today, there was some r*tard that wanted to challenge me to a 1v1 because he had said something then I said something as a form of retaliation. It was basically because he was claiming that he was going to get me with "no scope, it's no joke" and every round either I killed him, or a teammate of mine did.

    Anyway, after I said "Where's the no-scope?" because he had repeatedly claimed that he would do it, he was like "1v1 me now, b*tch!" and he left and sent me an invite. Being open-minded, I accepted the invite and he had three other people as spectators for the match. He killed me the first four times until I had gotten used to his strategy of randomly tossing "stun grenades" as a measure to prevent me from moving fluently, I took the lead. He then started coming up with excuses for his lack of skill, claiming "Yeah bs you're just camping in the grass" (duh, I was finding a way to get around his stun grenading method).

    It was only after my score was 10-6 that I had decided that I proved (to myself) that I could beat him, and felt that that was enough. His buddy (then himself) sent me messages, saying I was garbage and that technically, the score is supposed to go to 20. I had originally indicated that I was only going to ten, and he's like "Yeah, whatever". Sounds like he was just a little angry that I had caked him after finding a way to maneuver around his strategies.

    Do you not agree that people like him are absolutely annoying? It baffles me, what is 1v1 going to prove? What, that I'm the better man at an online game? Or that he's the better man at an online game? Sounds like somebody has some issues with insecurity. Anyway, yeah - discuss people challenging you then beating them to a bloody pulp, and how 1v1s in general are stupid.
    im sure you'll survive....
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  13. #13
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,653
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,708 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Welcome to online gaming, this surely didn't need a thread.1v1 should be guns only though.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  14. #14
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    he just said they thought they were going to 20. And then Pizza stopped the game when he had a 4 point lead.

    how would you feel pizza if that guy decided to stop the game when he was up 4 to 0 on you?

    pizza admits to changing his play style and finding hiding spots in the grass and trying to sneak up behind him which is fine but really its a 1 v 1 you trying to show some sort of skill besides waiting for a player to run by and then sneak up on them.
    Pizza agreed to a 1v1 got worked snuck a lead out and quit, thats how i see it from what he wrote.
    I recommended the points limit to be 10, he didn't say it went to 20; I said I was only going to 10. It wasn't because I snuck a lead out. The guy had gotten what, four kills on me, then I got six on him in a row. He got another one, I got two more, he got another kill, I got another two kills. basically that's how it worked. I left because that is how I used to 1v1 on the PS3. I quit because I felt that it was pointless to 1v1 this guy as I had already proven that I could beat him, both to myself and to him. He just didn't want to accept it.


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

  15. #15
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,189
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,616 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony Pizza View Post
    I recommended the points limit to be 10, he didn't say it went to 20; I said I was only going to 10. It wasn't because I snuck a lead out. The guy had gotten what, four kills on me, then I got six on him in a row. He got another one, I got two more, he got another kill, I got another two kills. basically that's how it worked. I left because that is how I used to 1v1 on the PS3. I quit because I felt that it was pointless to 1v1 this guy as I had already proven that I could beat him, both to myself and to him. He just didn't want to accept it.
    You said you would go to 10 but did he agree? If he didn't agree with you verbally. You were wrong to quit because by accepting his invite you agreed to his rules.

    But the simple fact is, he could have left when he had the lead on you. He did not. He gave you enough time to counter him but you did not do the same for him....but if he agreed to go to 10 (by saying he is okay with it)....you weren't wrong....but you're not being very clear on that.

    On one hand you say that you assumed you had proven it to yourself that you could beat him and on the other you say you told him you would go to 10 but you don't mention if he verbally agreed to go to 10. You can say that you said you were going to 10 all you want but if he didn't agree to that you shouldn't have joined the match.

    You say he didn't say the match went to 20 but he didn't say it didn't go to 20 now did he?

  16. #16
    Superior Member
    woodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Wait, what ....you went one on one with another guy ....camped it up ..... while his mates watched ?!? all sound a bit ginger beer to me

  17. #17
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You said you would go to 10 but did he agree? If he didn't agree with you verbally. You were wrong to quit because by accepting his invite you agreed to his rules.
    He didn't clearly indicate anything to me until I had reached ten (after declaring that that is what I was going to), so therefore... how did I agree to rules that I did not even know existed until I reached my own personal goals? I said "I'm going to 10, that's final" and he didn't really say much, so I assumed he didn't care. He saw that I was owning him, then said "It goes to 20". :\ I played him again today, needless to say (in a Search & Destroy match, what are the odds) and I murked the hell out of him.

    But the simple fact is, he could have left when he had the lead on you. He did not. He gave you enough time to counter him but you did not do the same for him....but if he agreed to go to 10 (by saying he is okay with it)....you weren't wrong....but you're not being very clear on that.
    Hell, it wouldn't have bothered me. I thought ten was a reasonable number to go to, that's why I left. He didn't agree or disagree on the 10 kills, simply because his head was too far up in his pride hole to listen and respond.

    On one hand you say that you assumed you had proven it to yourself that you could beat him and on the other you say you told him you would go to 10 but you don't mention if he verbally agreed to go to 10. You can say that you said you were going to 10 all you want but if he didn't agree to that you shouldn't have joined the match.

    You say he didn't say the match went to 20 but he didn't say it didn't go to 20 now did he?
    Either way, considering that I had stated that I was going to 10, you would have thought that he would've indicated "No, it's 20 not 10" if that's the way that he had truly wanted it. I did it based on my own personal feelings, and what I had felt to have seemed to be a good number to go to. That's the way 1v1s were on the PS3, when I did them.


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

  18. #18
    Member
    diggitydug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    100 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodo View Post
    Wait, what ....you went one on one with another guy ....camped it up ..... while his mates watched ?!? all sound a bit ginger beer to me
    Ha ha ha ha ha... *ahem*. This was terribly funny. If I die and go to heaven, I think God will probably greet me in Rhyming Slang.

  19. #19
    Forum Elder
    Sony Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,727
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    201 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by diggitydug View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha... *ahem*. This was terribly funny. If I die and go to heaven, I think God will probably greet me in Rhyming Slang.
    Someday, when I die and go to heaven... and I meet God, I'm gonna say... "****"...


    "God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.